Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

Boutique Design Home...our Dream Segar

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
water.JPG

That's the best and most practical advice I had so far!

Really? I thought many would have done the same as us. Of course, some may forget during the midst of the reno saga. :)

any more picture update? :dancingqueen:

Hey hi, hahaha. I never knew we have a follower. Ok, shall give you more updates.

For those who are still keen and following my reno progress...here's some updates.

Please feel free to comment. The reno is done. Our only pending jobs are:-

1. Putting up the curtains and blinds

2. Putting up our kitchen glass door decal

3. Putting up our passage way wallpaper

4. Bringing in all the furnitures of course!!!

5. Move in..hahaha...although I have been taking showers there now once in awhile :)

Happy Viewing...

Edited by ilmare612

SO NICE!! haha I not only oogled at your reno I oogled at all the branded cosmetics. haha :)

The only thing that spoils the look is the green frame of the windows... They don't match the house!! (But no choice it's given right?) Luckily your curtains will come and cover them soon!

Hey hi. Yes, the green window frame has been an eye sore but there's nothing we can do since it's part of the house :dunno: We even asked our contractor if we can over-paint it but they say it will not last more then a month as the material of the frame is like aluminum or something. sigh...The curtains can only cover some part of it only leh, not all... :(

The cosmetics ah? :unsure: No choice as I have very sensitive skin. So cannot take my chance on other brands. In any case, I intentionally structure the top drawer's height to be much shorter then the rest. This is to store the cosmetics more properly. Not sure if I make any sense to you. hehehe. Remember I told you I do my make-up in the bathroom kind? So this way, it helps me stay organised and not waste space.

Hey hi. Yes, the green window frame has been an eye sore but there's nothing we can do since it's part of the house :dunno: We even asked our contractor if we can over-paint it but they say it will not last more then a month as the material of the frame is like aluminum or something. sigh...The curtains can only cover some part of it only leh, not all... :(

How about using wall paper to cover it up? At least from the interior view, it will look good and lasting.

The cosmetics ah? :unsure: No choice as I have very sensitive skin. So cannot take my chance on other brands. In any case, I intentionally structure the top drawer's height to be much shorter then the rest. This is to store the cosmetics more properly. Not sure if I make any sense to you. hehehe. Remember I told you I do my make-up in the bathroom kind? So this way, it helps me stay organised and not waste space.

That's the part I don't understand about women .... I am using a bar soap for my face since I am young and I don't see any adverse effect as compared to my college who go for expensive facial, make-up, treatment etc ... When I was young, I used to think there are something in these expensive facial wash that will create more problems on your face so that you have to keep buying more "remedies" from them. :P

Edited by rendell

How about using wall paper to cover it up? At least from the interior view, it will look good and lasting.

Hi, thanks for your advice but I dun think the glue from wallpaper can stick and last long in those materials. Remember, wallpaper on normal walls will not last long even if that wall is exposed to too much weather change. ie: sun and rain. Not to mention if that area is like the window area lor. That's what the wallpaper expert advice us.

That's the part I don't understand about women .... I am using a bar soap for my face since I am young and I don't see any adverse effect as compared to my college who go for expensive facial, make-up, treatment etc ... When I was young, I used to think there are something in these expensive facial wash that will create more problems on your face so that you have to keep buying more "remedies" from them. :P

hahaha...perhaps you are right. But my point is not expensive = good. There were some good brands which I have used that cause tremendious skin issues for me. Most importantly is to find a product that suits you...both on the skin and in the pocket. From your comment, I gather that you are a guy? Both women and men are born with the same texture of skin. Why is it that men always develop 'rougher' skin as they grow as compared to women? The answer is perhaps on the attention they put on the skin. Perhaps? But reality is cruel. When a man has rougher skin, it means they are mucho. But when a woman has that, it means what? You tell me... :dunno:

ya I know.. I also asked to repaint my window frame/grilles but cannot. If you use day curtains then they won't be so obvious in most areas? but your house has turned out very nice so no point being upset about something you can't help ba...

Yup I know what you mean... for the drawer to be shallower.. actually if the drawer can have compartments it'll be useful also.. but it's already very nice la :)

Oh you are really being kind with your comments. Luckily, I did not have any major issues with my contractor. Heng ah....

Hey, I must yak with you about IKEA!!!! :bath: hahaha

Think they are really getting very over the top. I intended to go down today to get some stools. Lucky this time I smarter...called to check if available. Just as expected, it's out of stock AGAIN!!! For both their outlets. Why huh? So many of their items are out of stock? What's the point of having a bigger outlet in Tampines leh? :dunno:

t_FROSTAstoolm_e757b71.jpg

WAH YAAAAAA Ikea is really a killer. The last time I went... a lot of shelves were empty. A LOT OF things were out of stock and had limited colours only! It's terrible!

Lucky you were smart enough to call first. Otherwise it'll be a wasted trip. Dunno what's up with them these days!!!!

I think maybe when economy is bad, many will head there to shop bah. :(

No lah, economy is bad, IKEA cut cost, want to wait for many more stocks to run out before they bulk ship (cheaper to ship in bulk)

I think maybe when economy is bad, many will head there to shop bah. :(

mm incline to agree with rendell though. Something about their shipping. They could be trying to cut costs by makign less trips and putting more on each trip. mm

Yeah...we did lay that down as one BIG possibility too. Their stuff are not getting any cheaper to begin with. But I think their recent advertising gig on the "couple in carton box" is so insinuating :P

If the window frame is green, it is likely that it is powder coated paint.

And it's very likely that you can use Rustoleum paint over it.

Perhaps you might want to do a test panel of your bathroom window frame.

We get our Rustoleum paint from HomeFix; the Malay assistant at AnchorPoint has been very helpful.

Edited by kastlekonfusion