Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

Boutique Design Home...our Dream Segar

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, does your $21k include titling works? Fixtures refering to what items? Thanks

Hi, joschia. $21K does not include the tiling as we took the HDB main tiles for our flooring. We top-up another 1.2K for both our toilet wall & floor tiles, done by HDB. The $21K was during the first closure of the reno with Ho Bee. We added some work along the way. By the end of our reno, our final invoice was an additional $1,760 (after discount) for our wardrobe and additional $800 for our shoe rack. Fixtures and fittings refers to taps, sinks, curtain, etc etc :paint:

Edited by ilmare612

Hi, joschia. $21K does not include the tiling as we took the HDB main tiles for our flooring. We top-up another 1.2K for both our toilet wall & floor tiles, done by HDB. The $21K was during the first closure of the reno with Ho Bee. We added some work along the way. By the end of our reno, our final invoice was an additional $1,760 (after discount) for our wardrobe and additional $800 for our shoe rack. Fixtures and fittings refers to taps, sinks, curtain, etc etc :paint:

Oh. So 21k + $1760 was only for the carpentry plus miscellaneous works?

Helo ilmare,

got things to ask you.. hope you can help :)

1) How much u pay for your curtains, and who is the curtain maker - Curtain, we have very long story leh but please don't be like us. Should have gone to Sin Hup Seng Bamboo from the beginning. Ok, here's a quick summary.

~ Day Curtain: HOME's Harmony Bed & Bath in JB as we were shopping there then (approximately $128 for MBR & LR)

~ Night Curtain: Living Room - Mum sewed it for us. Material bought from Clementi Central.

~ Night Curtain: MBR - 1 x curtain and 2 x blinds are from Sin Hup Seng Bamboo. (approximately $500 but that's because it's a friend's father's company). I seriously think they are FABULOUS...not because of the lobang but for everything.

** In between those saga, we have made some purchases from IKEA and Spot Light, in order to save money but we noticed that their length is not right. It is not long enough and we do not like curtain which are 'not long, not short'. Short curtains are even WORSE. A definitely no-no for us. Thus, we abandon our purchased curtains to stick with custom-makes. They are still the best. Really!!!

2) your shoe cabinet, each slot should be able to put in 1 pair of shoe not 1 side right? - Each unit has 1 divider meant for 1 pair of shoe. Total 25 pairs for my design. Would have made a bigger one if we have more space & budget :P

I super love your house! - Hey, thank u so much with your generous compliment :P I am sure your place looks superb too.

Edited by ilmare612

Oh. So 21k + $1760 was only for the carpentry plus miscellaneous works?

Hi icekitten, lemme try to recall what we did. May missed out some stuff thou...

- electrical works

- plumbing works

- painting of whole house

- kitchen cabinet

- washer and fridge base

- kitchen glass sliding door

- 3 panel of glass mirror at dining hall

- 2 TV feature wall (MBR + LR)

- 1 TV console (LR)

- False Ceiling

- L Box

- Box up pipings in both toilets

- 2 vanity cabinets and tops for both bathrooms

- 2 Glass doors for both bathrooms

- 1 full mirror for MBR bathroom

- My (precious) bomb shelter

- Raised platform for MBR

Erm...that's all I can remember for now. :unsure: Hope it helps thou.

Hi icekitten, lemme try to recall what we did. May missed out some stuff thou...

- electrical works

- plumbing works

- painting of whole house

- kitchen cabinet

- washer and fridge base

- kitchen glass sliding door

- 3 panel of glass mirror at dining hall

- 2 TV feature wall (MBR + LR)

- 1 TV console (LR)

- False Ceiling

- L Box

- Box up pipings in both toilets

- 2 vanity cabinets and tops for both bathrooms

- 2 Glass doors for both bathrooms

- 1 full mirror for MBR bathroom

- My (precious) bomb shelter

- Raised platform for MBR

Erm...that's all I can remember for now. :unsure: Hope it helps thou.

Thanks! I think I have a rough idea to break down for comparison now. Thanks again!

So In all, you actually went throught alot just for Curtains...

Isnt JB offering a cheaper deal for curtains? Im considering to check out JB pricing as well..

Point taken for the length of the curtains. I hate to see awkard length too..

Hi ilmare612 and everyone

I'm new to this forum and chance upon your boutique design home thread. it strikes me immediately as we r thinking along the same concept for our nest.... I'm totally impressed over your house and is DIY!! :bow: well done!! may i know how you hv inked your first concept? I've some ideas bits and pieces but not sure if they match.. u knw wat i mean? lol :P

btw you bot voodoo knife block overseas ya, from uk?

Your shoe cabinet is fabulous! If you don't mind, can share the depth, height and width for one divider?

We have been putting off having a shoe rack due to the tiny space of our home. But we came to a conclusion that we cannot do without one recently. Next question was…to buy or to make? After shopping around, we decided to call our contractor; Ho Bee, describe and drew to him what we want and wala! Our new shoe cabinet is born. It blend in so well with the design of our place that both my hubby and are happy we took the plunge.

p6220023t.jpg

p6220024.jpg

p6220027l.jpg

p6200020.jpg

p6200021d.jpg

Your shoe cabinet is fabulous! If you don't mind, can share the depth, height and width for one divider?

Sorry for the late reply as I am not so active in this forum now. The dimension is about 5.5" for the width and 7.5" for each shoe space. Height and width can be done according to your space available. Hope it helps.

Hi ilmare612 and everyone

I'm new to this forum and chance upon your boutique design home thread. it strikes me immediately as we r thinking along the same concept for our nest.... I'm totally impressed over your house and is DIY!! :bow: well done!! may i know how you hv inked your first concept? I've some ideas bits and pieces but not sure if they match.. u knw wat i mean? lol :P

btw you bot voodoo knife block overseas ya, from uk?

Hi, yes the knife was purchased from Europe. For seeing if it matches or not, you have to cut out the picture of that furniture and 'paste' it on your plan to see the match. That can be done with a computer of course. :) Have fun on your process...

Hi ilmare612,

Another compliment for u on ur gorgeous hse ! :)

We've already gotten the key to our unit but owner requested to stay another 1mth. So in the meantime, we've been VERY bz taking notes off this informative forum.

I noticed that u hv a huge mirror at ur dining area. Is that one piece or 3 smaller pieces ?

Are u using clear mirror / tea mirror ?

We wanna make use of mirrors too for our small unit. Wife likes the clear mirror but I prefer the tea mirror. I feel tea mirror gives that classier feel.

What do u or the forumers here think ? Any advantages/disadvantages between these 2 mirrors ?

yaya :P it will be good to change the colour of the frames but shall only work on it after we move in and recooperate our energy. So taxing to do reno actually.

The bed is in but we have yet to buy the mattress. Broke at this point as we are also having our AD next month. Our dream mattress is Serta but shall probably let that go and settle for something less then $800 for now and upgrade after we have more money. hahaha

Serta... why Serta? This brand seems to be the dream mattress for most Singaporeans...... (later I found out it's **** expensive... is this the reason?)

Serta... why Serta? This brand seems to be the dream mattress for most Singaporeans...... (later I found out it's **** expensive... is this the reason?)

i bought a serta too.. but it's becos i really liked it when i tried it... i only paid that price becos i like it, not becos it's expensive wor.

have you tried serta before?

i bot a sealys mattress, excellent! there are many shops selling various brands at The Concurse, near bugis junction...check it out