Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pebsb

City gas free heater works with raindance?

For those with citygas heater, will gust of strong wind extinguish the flame? my heater is installed right by the window, so wondering if that might happen. Have not turn on gas yet so cannot try.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
For those with citygas heater, will gust of strong wind extinguish the flame? my heater is installed right by the window, so wondering if that might happen. Have not turn on gas yet so cannot try.

Mine also next to window, never extinguish before leh... but sometimes need to turn on and off the water supply a few times because it doesn't light up initially. :yamseng: Prob due to me high floor, water pressure takes some time to build up, plus heater is 5 years plus old already. :rolleyes:

the flame is not exposed, so wind blow also wont die... most gas heaters are by the window, so as to hv better ventilation...

My experience with City gas was terrible, I've purchased a Ferrori FE10 Prima(which is the top range for heaters from them) but it's barely even able to heat up the water and produces a lot of noise.

I'll summarize my experience with them as follow:

Attitude on workers assigned:

I have a terrible experience with the workers assigned to the job, they've arrived 30mins earlier then the appointment slot and they expect you to reach the site with just a call to you. This is the exactly conversation i had with their tech:

Fyi, My appointment was 12-2pm

CG Tech@11:30am: Hello, I'm from Citygas, are you at your unit now?

ME: Nope, i thought our appointment 12-2pm.

CG Tech: Yes, but i'm here now what time can you reach?

ME: 30mins time, i need to drive over.

CG Tech: Hurry up hor(in chinese).

CG Tech@12.05pm: Where are you?

ME: Downstairs walking up.

CG Tech: Are you sure, do bluff(cheat) hor.

ME: Yes I'm, what's wrong.

CG Tech: I'm in a hurry, I can't wait for you, got to go.

Worksmanship:

It was not good as well, they had drill a hole on the wall towards the service yard for the gas pipe, at the exit of the drilled hole there's a 5cm radius crack created. When I called them to ask about this(yes you're right they did not even have the courteousy to inform you about the damage done) their reply was: CG Tech: Can't you get your contractor to fix this?

During the 2nd visit, turning on of gas supply to both the hob and gas heater + install the gas pipe. The worker had dropped the hob on the floor and denied it. This has caused the electrical wire brackets to break, which is impossible to fix since it's now all hidden behind the kitchen cabinet.

Customer Service:

But i have to commend their customer service, it was great service from them. All promises made by them to return calls and arrange for appointments was fullfilled with satisfaction.

Conclusion:

While the Customer service team has been great, the workers assigned has twisted the experience to be as bad as you can imagine. The attitude from the people installing the product was bad so is the worksmanship. Till today, I'm still stuck with a heater that does not produces hot water. Already sent feedback to Citygas will wait for their reply.