Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Honeygal

Bachelorette's Pad

My flat-hunting was over in 2 weekends, total time spent was probably not more than 5 hours. This unit which I eventually bought was the third i viewed and liked. To keep my options open, I viewed another 8 units. The flat-hunting was such a breeze coz I specified to the agent, which blocks I preferred, thus saving lots of time.

I fell in love with the many conveniences at this AMK unit - wet markets, coffeeshops, supermarket, provision shops, bakeries (7 at last count), medical halls, clinics, beauty salons etc were all only a minute walk away. This was a god-send as where I am staying now, the nearest place where I can find food is an upmarket Italian restaurant, a good 15 walk away. Get real, who needs Italian food when hunger pangs strike?

Oops, I digress.

For my reno, not using ID. So managing everything singlehandedly. Am trying to keep costs as low as possible, so I have engaged one main contractor, an electrician, a carpenter and the window/door contractor. Will reserve my comments on these chaps after my reno is over.

Have selected tiles, laminates and paint colour, let's hope everything blends in nicely!

Reno starts tomorrow, yippee!!!

Will post pics as soon as i figure how to do so.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My flat-hunting was over in 2 weekends, total time spent was probably not more than 5 hours. This unit which I eventually bought was the third i viewed and liked. To keep my options open, I viewed another 8 units. The flat-hunting was such a breeze coz I specified to the agent, which blocks I preferred, thus saving lots of time.

I fell in love with the many conveniences at this AMK unit - wet markets, coffeeshops, supermarket, provision shops, bakeries (7 at last count), medical halls, clinics, beauty salons etc were all only a minute walk away. This was a god-send as where I am staying now, the nearest place where I can find food is an upmarket Italian restaurant, a good 15 walk away. Get real, who needs Italian food when hunger pangs strike?

Oops, I digress.

For my reno, not using ID. So managing everything singlehandedly. Am trying to keep costs as low as possible, so I have engaged one main contractor, an electrician, a carpenter and the window/door contractor. Will reserve my comments on these chaps after my reno is over.

Have selected tiles, laminates and paint colour, let's hope everything blends in nicely!

Reno starts tomorrow, yippee!!!

Will post pics as soon as i figure how to do so.

hmm...I used t stay in AMK for like....20 over yrs till i got my own place, my parents then sold off their flat only last yr :) Yup! agree AMK is really a nice n convenient place to live in, my parents place have all the amenities u mentioned but.....only 3 bakeries. haha! im now thinking which part of AMK have 7 bakeries!!! :jawdrop: keke wil slowly think abt it :P

Edited by havencaveman

Spam Spam. really glad u r also in AMK. me also stayed at AMK for more than 20+++ years too! currently my new flat also at AMK, agree that AMK is really a very nice place

Hi honeygal...congrats on yr new home....me oso just bought a 3 room flat in amk. Now waiting for 2nd appt on mid Feb. Your unit isit near ave 10? Block no. 400+? My block is 12X.

Hope to see your floorplan and fotos soon...cheers :yamseng:

Thanks all who responded above, especially the well wishes :) And here's a big HELLO to both former and current amk residents on this forum!

In addition to what I mentioned about the unbelievable amenities around, there is an extremely comprehensive bus route around as well. 10 minutes walk from MRT station (where i am currently staying the station is a 15 minutes DRIVE), and 5 minutes walk to avenue 3, which have buses plying to the north, south, east, west directly - Holland V, Parkway Parade, Clementi, Hougang, Sengkang, Orchard, Bukit Merah, Thomson, Paya Lebar, Bedok .....geez.

ok ok , more pics, less words, so here are the BEFORE pics:

The wall separating kitchen & living room will go. Wall tiles on the right will go too. Wall tiles in living rooms are so 80s. Am keeping the floor tiles (not that i love them, but for the simple reason of keeping costs down). Will also change shape of the passage door way to right-angle:

flat007pc4.th.jpg

Am keeping the wall tiles in the kitchen (again, not that i love them), everything else here will be hacked, including the window grilles (i never like the locked-in feeling of window grilles):

flat003vb6.th.jpg

Removing window grilles and aircon (don't need both) in the MBR. Keeping floor tiles:

flat004jj3.th.jpg

Hacking everything in this common toilet:

flat002ck8.th.jpg

Hacking everything in this MBR toilet:

flat001ih0.th.jpg

Am still struggling with the uploading of pics, they seem to take a long time to do. I would also prefer the pics much larger. Anyone knows how to do that?

Edited by Honeygal

Hi,

fr the fotos, can c tat the condition is quite ok. tink u juz nid 2 do up the toilets, wardrobe & kitchen cabinet wil do lor. if hv more $$$ 2 spend, then can incl feature wall 4 living & mbr, custome made dining etc...

:)

Am still struggling with the uploading of pics, they seem to take a long time to do. I would also prefer the pics much larger. Anyone knows how to do that?

Hi Honeygal, for me and caveman, we normally upload to photobucket and copy the img link here and the pics appear pretty big. Maybe you can try that?

Hi Honeygal, for me and caveman, we normally upload to photobucket and copy the img link here and the pics appear pretty big. Maybe you can try that?

yeah, I tried imageshack and found the fotos are resized way too small. Use photobucket, but I think must first reduce the image size, cos the first time I uploaded images from photobucket, they appeared really big, even though I had reduced the file size.