Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doggielover

Cheaper alternatives to BLUM system?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm using Blum runners for my kitchen drawers. ID quote me $80 per sets, total 6 sets. For those going to get Blum runners, remember to ask how many kg runners they giving u. I'm using the 30kg runners. Think Blum have 40kg, 50kg etc runners. For me i think 30kg is enuf. How heavy ur plates, bowls, utensiles, wok, pots etc gets? Anything heavier than 30kg, i think will have difficulty pulling out the drawers oso :dunno:

The 4 red drawers at the tall cabinet & the 2 big drawers in front of the hob r installed with Blum runners.

th_68248_30032007634_122_329lo.jpg

th_68254_30032007635_122_515lo.jpg

The 4 drawers with Blum runners

th_67716_30032007622_122_398lo.jpg

Blum Tandem Plus Full Extension 30kg with Blumotion.

th_67301_30032007605_122_428lo.jpg

This is how the runners looks like !!

th_66956_30032007601_122_410lo.jpg

Seeing how the runners slides smoothly & closing silently really worth the $ 8|

The remaining cabinet doors also using hydraulic hinges. But i dunno wat brand :) Forgot how $ oso. But i remember the hinges quite cheap, few dollars only per pc.

any heard of Mepla-alfit and installed them b4? :thumbs up: got to know abt tis brand thru a phamplet given to mi when i went to to view HDB showflats at Anchorvale last Nov.

it is a soft-close system like Blum and made in Germany. their authorised sole agent in s'pore is Halifax Hardware Trading at AMK Ind Park 2.

tinking of getting tis instead of Blum coz the price seemed to be cheaper. shall drop their office to check it out.

http://www.mepla-alfit.com/content/index.php

any heard of Mepla-alfit and installed them b4? :thumbs up: got to know abt tis brand thru a phamplet given to mi when i went to to view HDB showflats at Anchorvale last Nov.

it is a soft-close system like Blum and made in Germany. their authorised sole agent in s'pore is Halifax Hardware Trading at AMK Ind Park 2.

tinking of getting tis instead of Blum coz the price seemed to be cheaper. shall drop their office to check it out.

http://www.mepla-alfit.com/content/index.php

Can we install by our own after all everything already done?? Cos the my big drawer done by my contractor feel very fagile. Like cannot put heavy stuff.

Am thinking of changing to other runner myself.

u have to either install urself or ask ur carpenter to do it coz they oni sell the product.

i tot big drawers should be heavy duty? how come urs is fragile :thumbs up: they have a type which cater to heavy duty drawers, up to 40kg.

u have to either install urself or ask ur carpenter to do it coz they oni sell the product.

i tot big drawers should be heavy duty? how come urs is fragile :dancingqueen: they have a type which cater to heavy duty drawers, up to 40kg.

nope, he used normal runner for my big drawer.

my hse already hand over n it will take mths if i ask him to come back.. his service not very good n inefficient.

i can install myself n dunno where to get better replacement since it is already custom made using normal runner (width of gap). juz wonder BLUM have it

ANybody tried using the ikea equivalent of blum system?

only $2 a piece but haven't heard people feedback before?

can't expect much on $2 a piece. ... got pics ?

went ikea today and checked on their soft close system. the SA told mi their mechanism is designed by Blum, but oni a cheaper version which can hold max 25kg. she took out the clasp at the side of the extending drawer i was looking at and flip is around to how me. it was Blum indeed, saw the word embossed on the back of the clasp.

the SA told mi their mechanism is designed by Blum, but oni a cheaper version which can hold max 25kg. she took out the clasp at the side of the extending drawer i was looking at and flip is around to how me. it was Blum indeed, saw the word embossed on the back of the clasp.

All right! Going to get a packet to ask my carpenter to fit in my cupboards at most take out when spoilt loh :dancingqueen:

How much does Ikea sell their individual railings/hinges and related parts (Blum OEM)? I'm considering exploring this option if its really cheaper.

planning to get some antislam.

Must pass to carpenter before start work to install or can install after cabinet goes up?

went ikea today and checked on their soft close system. the SA told mi their mechanism is designed by Blum, but oni a cheaper version which can hold max 25kg. she took out the clasp at the side of the extending drawer i was looking at and flip is around to how me. it was Blum indeed, saw the word embossed on the back of the clasp.

hohoho ! this is news indeed :) ! hopefully can go down to ikea this week and check it out...

hohoho ! this is news indeed :notti: ! hopefully can go down to ikea this week and check it out...

Just went to Tampiness Ikea, couldnt find any :lol:

I was playing with the display tho, damm nice to slam the door and watch it slow down and close by itself :)