Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doggielover

Cheaper alternatives to BLUM system?

Any updates on the prices for BLUM?

also wanted to ask hor when contractor quote u, what kind of system they give?

BLUM system any premium against others for 2008?

so far saw latte's breakdown

Cost as follow:

1. tandem runners for wooden drawers for 30kg (4 nos) is $240, so each is $60.

2. metal boxside for 50kg with blummotion for 5nos is $500

3. inner drawer for 50kgs is $95. (inner drawer is useful when you need to partition a single drawer into two, top and bottom.

4. hinges for each is $3.50

5. blumotion is $2.50 each.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Where can we buy these BLUM mechanism on our own? :)

There is a list of authorise reseller but must get from BLUM at their sales office as well as the pricelist. Those who are interested can PM me your email and I will try to dig out my copy somewhere buried in my room. :notti:

You got the price list!?! I want I want! Hee.. to see whether my ID got over-charge me or not. Everybody got to earn but, if mark up too much I will tok his head! Please email to carelinwen@yahoo.com.sg

Hi All, I only found the recommended reseller list..will scan and sent to anyone interested. You could ask these reseller for pricelist i guess..I get my BLUM stuff from a shop in Jalan Sultan, Texiles Center if i remember correctly.. :notti:

Hi All, I only found the recommended reseller list..will scan and sent to anyone interested. You could ask these reseller for pricelist i guess..I get my BLUM stuff from a shop in Jalan Sultan, Texiles Center if i remember correctly.. :notti:

Hi,

Can i noe the exact shop that you went to for the BLUM stuff?

From the description could be Shanghai Tong Lee @ Textile Centre. Was there over the weekend, seems they don't operate on Saturday/Sundays? :dunno:

Hi,

Can i noe the exact shop that you went to for the BLUM stuff?

From a chinese home decor forum

海蒂诗(Hettich)、百隆 (Blum)是现在市场止常见的五金品牌,五金配件质量的好坏,直接关系到了橱柜质量的高低.所以比较这两种铰链的优劣, 俨然成了选购橱柜的一个重要课程。

海蒂诗的铰链目前有500多个品种,是世界上产品最多最全的铰链制造商,而百隆大约有50多个品种。他们制造铰链的材 料都是钢,但镀层是不同的。海蒂诗是两层镀镍,钢材为可回收的。而百隆的镀层是一层。从镀层角度看,在抗腐蚀上,海蒂诗要好于百隆。

铰链的一个重要质量 参数就是耐疲劳强度。有人说百隆是20万次,海蒂诗是10万次,所以百隆要好。其实,这里有个前提条件被忽视了。海蒂诗是在载荷10 公斤条件下,连续开启 10万次,而不变形正常使用。百隆是在无载荷条件下,开启了20万次破坏,微型铰链(如玻璃门使用的铰链)是10万次破坏。我记得有关的标准,都是要求在 载荷的条件做耐疲劳强度试验的,但目前我并没有见到百隆这方面的测试资料。载荷测试是更接近于或高于实际使用环境的,更能证明产品的特性。

无载荷破坏实验 只能说明他的寿命极限,并不能说明他在实际使用环境中的情况。 从结构上讲,海蒂诗的受力弹簧轴承为方形,这种结构寿命长,稳定,是海蒂诗独有的。而百隆 是圆形的,这种结构在长期开启中,易磨损寿命短。另外,海蒂诗铰链是适合32 mm系统的,对于保证橱柜质量是非常重要的,而百隆不符合32 mm系统,工业 化程度也没有海蒂诗。

椐我所知,市场上常见的这两个牌子的铰链,同类同性能产品,海蒂诗的价格都要高于百隆一倍左右。可以这么讲,用得起海蒂诗五金的厂 商并不多。在北京众多橱柜厂中,用海蒂诗五金的不超过十家,达到海蒂诗A级客户标准的也不过三家。

Hi all,

If you call up BLUM, they will tell you their authorised seller is at Upper Bukit Timah Road(Near Ten Mile Junction), Kiang Sing Hong Hardware. I got my hinges plus soft closing(1 set) for ard $3.00.

My ID wanted to charge me $16 for one set of BLUM Hinges. But i refused to be a carrot. However i do understand that they do include installation charges. But the amount is just too muCh..

Hi all,

If you call up BLUM, they will tell you their authorised seller is at Upper Bukit Timah Road(Near Ten Mile Junction), Kiang Sing Hong Hardware. I got my hinges plus soft closing(1 set) for ard $3.00.

My ID wanted to charge me $16 for one set of BLUM Hinges. But i refused to be a carrot. However i do understand that they do include installation charges. But the amount is just too muCh..

can i know 1 set means what? both side? so did u buy urself and get the ID to install FOC for u?

btw, doors that open and close is hinge. so drawers type is runner?

what abt those hydralic type like what hihihi has posted? are those called hinges?

can i know 1 set means what? both side? so did u buy urself and get the ID to install FOC for u?

btw, doors that open and close is hinge. so drawers type is runner?

what abt those hydralic type like what hihihi has posted? are those called hinges?

1 set mean one hinge and one soft closing mechanism.

i buy and install myself... :o

yup..drawer uses runner.

They are not called hinges. If i am not wrong, it is hydraulic plunger.

Frm what i think there shouldn't be extra charges for installing BLUM. Because BLUM hinges are just like normal hinges. And the soft closing mechanism is just a clip on to the hinge.

Extra info..BLUM is one of the cheapest option. The better ones are Hafele where the soft closing mechanism are incorporate together with the hinges. :yamseng:

1 set mean one hinge and one soft closing mechanism.

i buy and install myself... :o

yup..drawer uses runner.

They are not called hinges. If i am not wrong, it is hydraulic plunger.

Frm what i think there shouldn't be extra charges for installing BLUM. Because BLUM hinges are just like normal hinges. And the soft closing mechanism is just a clip on to the hinge.

Extra info..BLUM is one of the cheapest option. The better ones are Hafele where the soft closing mechanism are incorporate together with the hinges. :yamseng:

ooh now i know..

means if the clip on spoilt can buy another one to replace. but if the whole hinge spoilt gotta change the whole thing rite?

my ID told me its ard $10+ per set. or a pair i cant rem..still waiting for him to quote me then i see if i wanna do all softshut or take afew. i think for drawers runner i will prefer a much stronger one. cuz i have 2 big drawers set. my bf told me ikea got sell those soft shut hinge too? maybe can buy there also.

any comment on ikea stuff? :)

Yup..

Usually ID will quote higher lor..they hv to earn their commission..

If you are putting heavy stuff like pots and pans, it is better and safer to go for runners. If i am not wrong, Blum runners has heavy duty runners. And replacement is very troublesome lor..

Ikea are also using Blum but if i am not wrong they designed it for Ikea stuff.

I hv not brought any hinges from there so unable to comment much. But since it is the same company, quality wise should be there. Reputation is at stake...hehe

Why not check out the prices and compare with the contacts that i PM you?? Plus replacement, if damage due to wear and tear, must i buy the replacement only from ikea or any hardware shop will do.