Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

Is Changing The Toilet Bowl A Must When You Move Into A Resale House You Bought?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Is changing the toilet bowl a MUST when you move into a resale house you bought?

For me it's....ABSOLUTELY YESSSSSSSSSS :bath:

Toilet bowl is a very personal thing for me...well at least for most females. Dun want my thoughts to go wild on what kind of user the previous owners were. The rest of the reno can wait if no money, but toilet bowl MUST MUST MUST. hehehe

I didnt know its a must, when i 1st shifted out on my own after getting married, not a problem cos it was a new flat, recently i asked myife the same question, "is it a must"? she said YES! haha from then on i know why :sport-smiley-003:

huh... toilet bowl will increase the price value?

I will definitely change the toilet bowl if I move into a resale... so I really don't see how that will make the resale more valuable if I'm going to change it anyways.

err... why must change? It's clean, it flushes ok... it works!

My existing Caroma toilet bowls are 10 years old, installed by previous owner. I'm not bothering to change them, cos they still work. My logic, if we can use public toilets, what is the problem with keeping existing toilet bowls, so long as they are clean and not cracked. I'm thinking about changing the toilet seats, cos they are yellowed with age. But just thinking only.

But my estate agent very funny, when we went through the list of items that will go with the house, he said toilet bowl must change. I asked him why, he gave me a LOOK, and said toilet is very personal. So some guys are quite icky about toilet bowls as well :P

Agree with asianms, why change it if it isn't broken? Times are bad now.

I was kind of forced to change mine becos my bf found it leaking water after each flush... my contractor said very expensive to fix the problem... might as well buy a new set... so I bought a new one. The old one was installed 5 yrs ago during upgrading time.

Wah, increase the price value of the house?? Never heard of that... unless it is made of gold lah :P

Scientifically should be okay to keep, but for peace of mind and hygiene, I think it is still best to change them if one can afford to, since you might be spending a loong time there :D

Mine was leaking too. I didn't notice, and when pointed out to me, I shrugged it off, thot it wasn't like water was gushing out. But my reno shifu said cannot, wasting water, let him try to fix, so he fixed it... dunno what he did.

I discourage anyone from spending too much time in there, so no need to make nice-nice :P .

Mine was leaking too. I didn't notice, and when pointed out to me, I shrugged it off, thot it wasn't like water was gushing out. But my reno shifu said cannot, wasting water, let him try to fix, so he fixed it... dunno what he did.

I discourage anyone from spending too much time in there, so no need to make nice-nice :P .

My previous toilet bowl was the same condition as yours... but my reno contractor couldn't be bothered to fix it, he simply asked me to buy a new bowl so that he could earn my installation cost.

Your reno shifu is better, he tries to save $$ for you & do foc work.

this is interesting.. :P

mine is also resale flat.. initially i wanted to change.. my contractor says will affect tiles.. :dunno: then i forfeit the idea of changing.. anyway is still working fine except the pump.. i just change the pump.. wash it clean.. it still can be used! :sport-smiley-003:

personally feel no big deal ba..

PS: research says keyboard is many many times dirtier toliet bowl! :notti:

On the part of increasing the value of the house with the change of the toilet bowls are crap lah. Never heard of it before leh. Ok, for those who do not want to go through the hassle of changing the toilet bowl, may I suggest you change the seat cover at least? Cheap cheap only. Think less then $25 can get one.

Trust me, I did tourism/hospitality in school and work in a hotel before...you never want to know the condition of those things that were left behind by the guests after usage. That includes the white white towels you get in a 5 stars hotel. kekeke

Is changing the toilet bowl a MUST when you move into a resale house you bought?

For me you should change the toilet bowl. You don't know if the former owner of the house is clean when it comes to their bathroom. Better than sure than not.

Why do you want to replace the whole bowl when you can simply replace the seat? Costs 25-30 bucks and can be done yourself. This is what I did.

I second that too... the more practical way is to change the seat.. unless have spare cash, then change the whole thing altogether.. :sport-smiley-004: