Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

Is Changing The Toilet Bowl A Must When You Move Into A Resale House You Bought?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ah ? must change meh ? I never change when I bought my resale flat more than 10 years ago because the previous owner just changed it for less than 2 years and it still looks new and clean. It never occurs to me that this is something so personal :dunno: ! But anyway now already changed by HDB due to upgrading :yamseng: .

Is changing the toilet bowl a MUST when you move into a resale house you bought?

Nothing is a MUST. YOU bought the house, YOU decide what YOU want to do with it.

Don't let anyone else tell you what YOU should or should not do.

haha.. i am a girl and i thought if it's clean and neat i won't mind. the house also stayed in before by previous owner and you won't know what has been done there. n public toilets even worse right?

but then again, that's just me.

Depends on 2 things.

1. If water saving type, then clean and keep it.

2. If upgrading toilet floor tile, change the bowl cos the cost of reinstallation=new bowl

Otherwise, next time change bowl, must pay installation cost again :)

changing seat cover can understand...but one don't touch the toilet bowl when using it (only the seat cover), so why change leh?

For me is a MUST. Agree with Supersimon27, change all at one go if you doing reno.

I used to rent a HDB unit last time and I changed the seat. :rolleyes:

For me is a MUST. Agree with Supersimon27, change all at one go if you doing reno.

I used to rent a HDB unit last time and I changed the seat. :rolleyes:

If got money , aircon can change also better. I regret not doing it ....

hmmmm.. our 4-room resale flat.. previous owner reno the whole house 2 yrs ago, toilet bowls still looks ok & working well..

we debated for a while but decided to change a new set once & for all.. mainly - yes, hygiene purpose & for a peace of mind when using it..~ ;)

anyway, we just got the package from KS Lighting (2 toilet bowls w/ auto sit cover, 2 wash basins, 2 taps & 2 toilet lights) = $880.00

*delivery & installation next monday together w/ my ceiling fan

*the lady assured that it WILL NOT affect the wall/floor tiles at all, i seriously hope so because we are not doing anything to the tiles.. :unsure:

Unless the toilet is defective or you are planning to do reno to the toilet or you wish for a different design toilet bowl, I feel that it is okay to use the existing ones.

For those who are concern about hygiene, you can use special high power washing liquid to clean the toilet bowl. After cleaning, you will find that the toilet bowl is sparklingly clean especially obvious if you are using white toilet bowl.

For those who feel that psychologically the toilet bowl could not be clean, then my suggestion is to go ahead and change it for the peace of mind.

hehe me too will want to change it, but hopefully it wont affect the tiles, i think the pipes in the toilet, contractor can change or we get from hdb, towncouncil ?? anyone knows, pls advice

thanks in advance :)

we just got our sanitary wares changed yesterday! toilet bowls x 2, wash basin x 2, taps x 2.. ;)

new toilet bowl to sit on now~ luckily it did not damaged any wall/floor tiles as promised. :D