Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cactus_79

Phone Lines/intercom In Terrace House

I recently bought a home with 1 bedroom on every split level. It's 3.5 stories and makes walking from 1 bedroom to another a hassle. What's the most cost efficient way to have an intercom system so that pple present in a certain room can talk to another, calls can be transferred to another room? I am planning to have singtel broadband (wireless) and planning to install a fax machine in one of the rooms. will this interfer with my plans to have intercom? I understand there is a PABX system, but some DECT cordless phones have similar functions as well. Which is cheaper? Would both systems meet my needs? Do I Need special wiring for PAXB?

Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I recently bought a home with 1 bedroom on every split level. It's 3.5 stories and makes walking from 1 bedroom to another a hassle. What's the most cost efficient way to have an intercom system so that pple present in a certain room can talk to another, calls can be transferred to another room? I am planning to have singtel broadband (wireless) and planning to install a fax machine in one of the rooms. will this interfer with my plans to have intercom? I understand there is a PABX system, but some DECT cordless phones have similar functions as well. Which is cheaper? Would both systems meet my needs? Do I Need special wiring for PAXB?

Thanks in advance!

I have simple needs, so using DECT phone as intercom.

Intercom is seperate wiring from normal internal phone line wiring. Call transfer.. might as well shout to other resident " your call!"

Tel phone wiring is 2 wire. If got 2 lines such as a fax, then another wiring is requred. The TEL DB box is where the fax wire will connect to the 2nd line.

These days.. ppl all use HP. The home line is substantially to communicate with the maid or kids. Hardly touch the home phone these days.

I have simple needs, so using DECT phone as intercom.

I'm interested in using DECT as intercom. Do ALL DECT phones have this function? Is it true that it only intercoms to the base? So all the phones must be plugged in to the base at all times? Can I use phone transfer for this?

I'm interested in using DECT as intercom. Do ALL DECT phones have this function? Is it true that it only intercoms to the base? So all the phones must be plugged in to the base at all times? Can I use phone transfer for this?

You may check with the brand of phone, I use Philips, but mine is several years old now, so please check latest models, each phone can be called seperately as intercom and each phone must be programmed to the base station, but not physically plugged in. Not sure about call transfer though as I usually get the caller to call back again and inform the appropriate recipient to pick up the respective phone.

You may check with the brand of phone, I use Philips, but mine is several years old now, so please check latest models, each phone can be called seperately as intercom and each phone must be programmed to the base station, but not physically plugged in. Not sure about call transfer though as I usually get the caller to call back again and inform the appropriate recipient to pick up the respective phone.

thanks xebay11!

DECT phone is the best solution for you. Wired lined intercom is not maintenance free and may give you trouble after 5 yrs. As for the DECT phone, the solution is cheaper, no maintenance and easier to install.