Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poseidon_gal

J & J 's Little Den

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Now lets look at the common toilet and the master bedroom

Common toilet is actually very long but I only zoom to the toilet bowl and the shower area. Most prob i will put my washing machine into the toilet area and separate it into dry area and wet area.

CommonToilet.jpg

Master bedroom

MasterBedroom.jpg

Master bedroom toilet

Masterbedroomtoilet.jpg

The room on the left is the master bedroom, the 2 common rooms are on the right.. store room right in the middle.

Storeroom.jpg

There is nothing to show for the other 2 rooms since they are basically empty rooms..

oh yah..forgot to thank Zeegi for showing us around yesterday..

thanks alot..hee learn a few tips from Zeegi and her hubby as well..

Edited by poseidon_gal

Relaminate? if the condition inside is good then dun get rid of it lor. Just re-laminate. Then the concrete sink support you can construct something over it to cover up the good solid support... :) Save money to do other nice nice things. haha

Keep yr kitchen cabinet as it seems to be in good condition. And it will help you to keep yr reno cost down too..I'm still keeping my cabinet though they are >7yrs old but need to change the top... :(

The kitchen cabinet is only 1 yrs old.. sigh having a headache now.. Don't know to keep or not to keep the cabinet..

Hi pg, i'm dan using zeegi account.

Prehaps what you can do is to change the laminate if you don't like woody look, some of my other friends did that, it will look exactly like a new cabinet that has undergone plastic surgery. So just ask the ID to qoute the cost for the kind of laminate you want.

And if you perfer a better quality and a more unique finishing, you can go for the brand formica. Easily cost 20% to 300% more compare to those normal laminate that the ID's recommend. Usually ID's do carry this brand but they never hard sell this because of the cost. So how much it cost will depends on what kind of finishing you choose. http://www.formica.com.sg/prodinfo_hpl.html

It should only cost a few hundred bucks to change whole kitchen cabinet laminate if you a normal laminate.

Edited by zeegi

havent update for some time already..coz L-A-Z-Y..hahahha

For weeks..Mr J and I have been trying to iron our differences.. what we want for the house.. with different up-bringing..our expectations are can be quite different..finally we have a common understanding.. still not 100% common lah..but hee at least we can go to I.Ds and not say different things..

Some of the I.Ds we visited

Artrend Design - We were service by Grant. No too bad.. he knows his stuff except because he is our 1st stop..so we are still very confuse over what we wanted for the house.. Still waiting for his quotation.. 2 wks liao..still no quote..he did call me up to check on some stuff and i press him for the quotation..

U Home - We were serviced by Sam. Who happen to be one of the boss. Very detail..bring us round the showroom and explain different materials to us. Good customer service. Show us renovation package..not really break down into details..we did ask for breakdown and was told that not possible to breakdown everything in the package but assure us that there will be gd workmanship and after sales service since they are such a big firm. Quite pushy.. want us to give a confirmation within 2 wk.

We went to the following I.Ds yesterday at singapore expo. Modern Living 2009.

Classis Ideas - We were serviced by Mike. He seems more like a high class contractor than a designer. Not much ideas and readily agree with our inputs. Show us a kitchen+ 2toilets package and promise to email me a full quotation of our requirement.

Unimax Creative - Goner. Totally CMI. Or rather we came in contact with a CMI guy. No input..didnt offer to sit down with us ..just gave us their package together with his name card.

Space Inspiration - Another goner. Same thing. Only pass us package + name card. No explaination nothing.

Plus Interior - We were serviced by Nigel. A young designer. Very detail. Gave us a few new ideas and promise to call me after he is done with the quotation. Told me that it is better for him to explain the quote then email it to me. Not bad.. i think he is quite good. Except a bit young lah..dont know he how many years of experience in this line.

* - We were serviced by the Henry. The M.D of the company. Good sales talk. Can see that he is very experience and know what he is doing. He is the only one that say he is confident of doing 800 x 800 homo tiles. Assure me that it is even better than 600 x 600 and was puzzled when i told me that everyone else don't dare to do 800 x 800 due to warpage issue. The only company that request us to take their design package @ 1.5K 1st . The reno package will come later or we can even find someone else to do our reno if we are not happy with their reno quote. Hmm..I dont really buy into the idea of paying 1.5K for 5 pcs of 3D drawings.

Plush Living - I didn't know that Darren is one of the bosses. Gave us a new idea for our balcony. Good to talk too.. told us that to be assure that he will give us the best quote. So now waiting for his quotation.

Basically we told everyone the same requirement. So we shall see how much everyone quote us. Interestingly no one ask about our budget!!!! hahah Do we look soo rich until dont have budget????

received U Home quotation todae...

way off our budget.... sian sian sian...

mm What is your budget then? nvm nvm they can't earn from you there's plenty of people out there who want to earn your money. :)

**edited** finally caught sight of your reno budget of 40k. 40k quite a lot le... they still DON'T meet your budget?!!!

Edited by pinkpetter

The kitchen cabinet really looks too gd to be hacked leh..

I've learnt thru my own ID/contractor search that those who appeared in Home Fair tends to be on the higher range.. probably to cover their advertising or publicity cost for going to such fairs also. Suggest that if those who come back to u this round w a quotation that is too high, u can go look for other recommended IDs in this forum.

I went to A&D and Ideal House before, their quote is pretty reasonable for ID range...

But me too budget, so in the end settled for contractor. :sport-smiley-018:

Just to share my personal experience of finding a ID/ Contractor...

I did some research with this forum and jotted down recommended ID, and called them and fix appt with them.

I also ask my friends whom had house renovated and ask them if they will recommend their ID/ contractor.

From what I learn so far, the good ones will not be sitting around in the showroom or office. You have to meet them through appt. I heard from my ID that even if he is in the showroom, he will not attend to walk in cases. He will pass them to his collegues.

Just my 2 cents worth

We didnt tell them 40K lah... we told them 35K plus minus a bit..

in the end the quote is more than 40K..

mm What is your budget then? nvm nvm they can't earn from you there's plenty of people out there who want to earn your money. :)

**edited** finally caught sight of your reno budget of 40k. 40k quite a lot le... they still DON'T meet your budget?!!!

Edited by poseidon_gal