Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newbie88

Replacement Of Main Door And Frame

Hi Everyone,

I need some help for my main door. I have the following problems with it.

1) The nails (at the hinges) holding the main door to the frame has gone rusty. A few nuts were stuck in

there when I tried to tighten them.

2) The cemented wall near the frame is cracking. I am not sure of the reason and whether it can still hold

the main frame.

3) The door is also slightly slanted.

What can be done? Are there any good contractors that anyone knows of and can recommend?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello all,

I think that you will have to try and figure out why the door is slanted first of all, is it warped? Is the door really old and that is why the hinge screws are so useless for you?

You may have to reinforce the wood under the hinge area---but I am not entirely sure.

Why not check this site I found for tips and advice on home renovation---

flooring and carpet

Hi Everyone,

1) The nails (at the hinges) holding the main door to the frame has gone rusty. A few nuts were stuck in

2) The cemented wall near the frame is cracking. I am not sure of the reason and whether it can still hold

the main frame.

What can be done? Are there any good contractors that anyone knows of and can recommend?

Replace the rusty 'screw' to see whether it helps or not. Sometimes, the screw broke leaving the head intact on the hinges.

Remove 1 pc as sample and best to get the stainless steel type about 20 cents a pc.

If your main door is those double leaf door, the screw; actual is call machine screw is probably M6 x 12mm, no. 8 counter sunk head.

(No.8 means the dia of the head is 8mm do not get smaller or bigger than this.)

The crack is not a problem as it is mainly the cracking of plastering that use to fill up the gap.

Unless is the timber use for the toilet that it 'expanded' due to moisture or else timber door rarely warp.

Hi Everyone,

the main frame.

Your nails, hinge or the frame contact support may be damage.

You just need to repair the hinge and readjust the frame and door.

If I am not wrong, price of replacing a main wooden door is between 400-500.

Repairing it is around $100 - $150.

Ren

Edited by rendell