Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

I have been lurking around this forum for the past few months, picking up ideas and advice from all forumers. Since I am free this week, so decided to start a thread and post my floor plan.

blk340clementifloorplan.jpg

My idea is to house both boys (1+yo and 4+yo) in the same room opposite MBR and use the other room as a bedroom. Or is it better for me to give each of them a room? :dunno:

I got another recess area which the current owner already bought over that is outside the main entrance but not reflected in the floor plan. Also the current owner has already hack off the balcony walls and level it up to have a long living room.

I welcome ideas on space layout :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

finally 1st to spam chop :D

layout looks spacious

1+yrs old may be too young to have a room for himself. If you want the kids to be independant and not be too sticky to you and your partner, as in sleeping in the same room, i guess looking at their age now, it would be better to house both in a same bedroom for sleep and the other bedroom can be play / reading room for them.

Edited by ahwee

nice location :) :)

ai yo . . . . havent got the chance to be the first one to spam ppl t-blog.

Edited by ahockz

Welcome!! Congrats on your new house! Very spacious and nice! With a recess area somemore..

My friend's 15 month old child sleeps alone and has been since his first birthday. They trained him to get up and down the bed himself. It's worth a try but I personally find it a little scary though. Why not let them sleep together a while more before they separate...

Spam chop & congrates on ur new home!

I agree that it's better to let both boys stay together first. It'll improve their bond and increase independence as well.

wow what a big squarish place u have! But funny thing is how come the WC & bath is seperated in the kitchen? How old is this flat?

me oso let my gal zzz in her own room since birth.

using walkie-talkie to monitor her cry in the nite. since mine r 1 boy 1 gal

will be more appropriate to separate them :P

btw, love ur layout. got most of my fav:

nice foyer area, balcony, wiw possible bedrm, separate space for dining & living area.

BEST liao :good:

Thanks all for the well wishing and advice on whether the boys should share the room. I'll most likely let both share a room for the time being and seperate them when the elder one goes to primary school.

wow what a big squarish place u have! But funny thing is how come the WC & bath is seperated in the kitchen? How old is this flat?

Zeegi, this is a 20+ year old block of flats. That's why WC & bath are seperated. The WC is still the squat pan type :P will change it to sitting WC.

Thanks all for the well wishing and advice on whether the boys should share the room. I'll most likely let both share a room for the time being and seperate them when the elder one goes to primary school.

Zeegi, this is a 20+ year old block of flats. That's why WC & bath are seperated. The WC is still the squat pan type :P will change it to sitting WC.

Actually I like the idea of having the WC and shower separated... :) Esp if bigger family. It's much more convenient.

Just realise you got 3 toilets?

Is it a minor or major overhaul?

yup bluetooth. In the kitchen the WC and bathroom is separated. There was an ID who highlighted that becos of this, the quote for reno will be for 3 toilets instead of 2 :(

I guess it'll have to be a major overhaul cos i hate the colour combi of the existing kitchen though condition is good. the rest of reno is 9 years old. throughout living/dining/bedrooms flooring is light colour laminate. those gotta be replaced.

Actually I like the idea of having the WC and shower separated... :) Esp if bigger family. It's much more convenient.

Me too like them seperated though i don't have a big family. The funny thing is many IDs ask me whether I wanna knock down the wall and combine them, which I rejected. Prefer to keep it as it is.

Me too like them seperated though i don't have a big family. The funny thing is many IDs ask me whether I wanna knock down the wall and combine them, which I rejected. Prefer to keep it as it is.

congrats for ur new plc.. Yupz, Keep ur common toilet as it is where more than 1 guest cld use it for 2 diff purpose. :notti: Will hope to find one something like urs in future

yup bluetooth. In the kitchen the WC and bathroom is separated. There was an ID who highlighted that becos of this, the quote for reno will be for 3 toilets instead of 2 :(

I guess it'll have to be a major overhaul cos i hate the colour combi of the existing kitchen though condition is good. the rest of reno is 9 years old. throughout living/dining/bedrooms flooring is light colour laminate. those gotta be replaced.

heh cos IDs want to earn money... knocking down will probably mean they can charge you for more things... :deal: