Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rune

Roof Over Our Heads Up North

Hi all,

Am back here. A question ... do paraqet floor go with the ceramic tiles that come with HDB. I meant the non glossy white based type. I am trying to sell the idea of laying paraquet floor in the bedrooms to wifey. Another qn is there much maintenance on the paraquet flooring? Meaning do they scratch easily and need to varnish? My daughter is still pretty young. Thanks for your replies :P

mm We used to have parquet flooring, that was when sis and I were still teenagers and we had plenty of scratches. On top of that, there were times where rain came in and there was no one at home, then the parquet near the window was ruined... OH YES we also had termite problems after... 7-8 years of living there. The termites were feeding on the parquet near a box up area. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
mm We used to have parquet flooring, that was when sis and I were still teenagers and we had plenty of scratches. On top of that, there were times where rain came in and there was no one at home, then the parquet near the window was ruined... OH YES we also had termite problems after... 7-8 years of living there. The termites were feeding on the parquet near a box up area. :)

Thanks pinkpetter for the advise. :bath: Guessed not advisable then especially if there are small kids around. Will discuss with wifey

Thanks pinkpetter for the advise. :bath: Guessed not advisable then especially if there are small kids around. Will discuss with wifey

welcome, fellow Yishuner! judging by ur COV, ur new plc at Blk 80X? =) if so, we are staying in the same estate!

welcome, fellow Yishuner! judging by ur COV, ur new plc at Blk 80X? =) if so, we are staying in the same estate!

Hi CybNox,

Nice knowing a fellow Yishuner is around. Well my place, alas not at 800 range, instead is in 400 range ;) Yishun will be the second place I will be staying at. Previously was staying at Sengkang. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi CybNox,

Nice knowing a fellow Yishuner is around. Well my place, alas not at 800 range, instead is in 400 range ;) Yishun will be the second place I will be staying at. Previously was staying at Sengkang. :sport-smiley-004:

ah.. i see i see. =) 400++ is a nice peacful area.

started ur reno yet?

ah.. i see i see. =) 400++ is a nice peacful area.

started ur reno yet?

Hi CybNox,

Well hunting for quotations now. Am going to renov the kicthen and 2 toilets only. The serene enviroment and within buget was one of the reason we bought the Yishun Flat. Rest of the parts of the house are in pretty good conditions.... previous owner juz renovated not long ago themselves :P

congrate on ur new place... :yamseng:

Happy renovating ur new home. Fyi, I also paid COV of $45k for my flat which was renovated a year ago by the ex-owner.

:notti:

I welcome yr comments on the quotations i rx below. Is Kicthen Cabinet quotes on a high side. I welcomed all comments. Thank You

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19985

Edited by Rune

A fast update after the dong tu .... met up with the FSM at twice. Once myself and the other with wifey together. Reason of the 2 x meetup, coz I had explained unclearly what the FSM to wifey. She felt the urgent need to hear from him. However, i was equally impressed with Lester Tan patient and professionalism. He related to my wife everything he had told me. In additional, he also went into details some inquiries which I never had bother asked. The virtues of a woman ... they go in the most of micro details. Am still in the process of hunting for a suitable contractor. My 1st quotation for works in the kitchen (about $210/psf) and bathroom areas led me to wonder how come the kitchen cabinet (going for L shape) would cost me so muz (Kitchen length is about 21 feet).

Thought muz research had been done online ... I have managed to compiled quite a hefty details of the style of kitchen, toilets, lightings etc from this forum. Once again, thanks all forum contributors for their valuable inputs. I would still continue to compile the list until we finally settle for the RIGHT contractors. Cheers

kitchen cabinet at $210pfr is way too expensive

should cost you around $100pfr unless your contractor counted it as top & bottom

i'd say go for more quotes

at least 3 for comparison sake

i got more than ten quotes when i was looking for ID/contractor :notti: :notti:

Omg... Been awhile since the server has been down. In fact felt pretty naked. Well engaged Ah Soon as my contractor. Thanks to pinkpetter recommendations. Choose our tiles today. Also purchased my hitachi sys 2 invertor from gaincity and had scheduled to be fixed up on 17 Mar. Also bought our mattress. Made a mistake of committing too early though. Will update details in future. Apart from all these purchases r countless recce to genting lane, macpherson, jalan besar, sg kadut. Many buys are still pending. Thus far... The dinner table we eyeball price quoted from $1000 (genting lane), $799 (little rd) to $680 (sg kadut). A little something I discovered. Popular items sold in GC are slightly cheaper compared to HN & B stores. Well hacking gotta start tomolo and sweet dream all.

Wah both the Yishun ones got Ah Soon!! mm prolly easier for him to shuttle to and fro!

and your reno will start tomorrow?? that's really fast...

Yup started hacking away ... juz drop in after work juz now ... all the affected zones tiles, cabinets have been removed :P

Yup started hacking away ... juz drop in after work juz now ... all the affected zones tiles, cabinets have been removed :P