Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rune

Roof Over Our Heads Up North

We choose not to have handles as we thought it would be child friendly :sport-smiley-018:

same here..i've got 3 kids and it is always better to be safe....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Do u think we can request for another electrician? read a few complaints about uncle's electrician already...as i am staying at Bt Panjang right now, and my new place is at pasir ris...really tiring to shuttle here and there...

Do u think we can request for another electrician? read a few complaints about uncle's electrician already...as i am staying at Bt Panjang right now, and my new place is at pasir ris...really tiring to shuttle here and there...

Well juz have to feedback to Ah Soon. Hope he would change the crew. Anyway juz came back from new place. Some rectifications works are still not to my standards. Haiz

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7412...mp;l=e0dfb9469b

saw ur pics. Should get electrician to replace all the damaged lights. ur foyer light is nice :)

I was wondering for ur hand held spray, shouldn't it be on the other side of the bowl so that it is not so close to your vanity top?

wow!! love your kitchen very clean and neat....the kitchen top not up yet... saw that the water heater is the kitchen instead of toilet...

is it ok to put there?

saw ur pics. Should get electrician to replace all the damaged lights. ur foyer light is nice :)

I was wondering for ur hand held spray, shouldn't it be on the other side of the bowl so that it is not so close to your vanity top?

Firstly, thanks for the complement. Foyer light at the main door was from DK lightings @ $125. They come in either red or black acrylic frame. Shape in either square or round. Juz drop by Geylang Rd to pick up the spare part @ $8 for the foyer light. Lady boss gave me a discount :P Well handspray location is abit out ... but still can live with it lor.

wow!! love your kitchen very clean and neat....the kitchen top not up yet... saw that the water heater is the kitchen instead of toilet...

is it ok to put there?

Thanks and surface top is already up. Creamy white in color :P Regarding the water heater, relocation is done upon approval from Singapore Power installer. Only thing is I muz relocate my ceiling mounted clothes hangers ... else may run a risk of catching fire :bangwall:

Running off to parklane in awhile to get my PS3 and probaly the bamboo partition at Ubi Ave 1... cya in a while

Edited by Rune

rune, saw that ur lights were damaged by the workers too! I had a small piece of glass broken by dunno-which group of workers too, end up the replacement was much more than urs, $38 for a small piece of glass which the whole light is only $80! Downlight tubes also damaged by electrician. But in the end, all rectified swee swee and ah soon is willing to bear the replacement cost. :good:

Ur house seems to be completing soon! Any handover date?

rune, saw that ur lights were damaged by the workers too! I had a small piece of glass broken by dunno-which group of workers too, end up the replacement was much more than urs, $38 for a small piece of glass which the whole light is only $80! Downlight tubes also damaged by electrician. But in the end, all rectified swee swee and ah soon is willing to bear the replacement cost. :good:

oh so Uncle will bear the replacement cost ah? My lights was also broken during installation.....

the 3 electricians are really bad imo. Even the head, he also a bit blur. I ask him to relocate my existing phone line to elsewhere and he didn't. When i ask him to do it the next time i saw him, he jus add another one in the room with NEW trunking lor. So now tat room has SO many ugly trunkings and 2 phone lines...... weirdness..

Edited by ashes02

Hi mrspiglet, its :( that the current pool of electricial is not up to mark. Anyway hope Ah Soon would replace or at least oversees their work when they r in progress. I was pretty frustrated at them. But let my wife handle by juz letting her know what sloppy job they did. Yes, like I mentioned earlier, Ah Soon was kind enough to bear the rectifications jobs.

Actually my wifey has agreed with Ah Soon on 18 Apr 09. Furnitures and electrical stuffs are scheduled to come in on 22 Apr 09, afternoon. We had arranged with Ah Soon for final rectifications on 22 Apr morning. I would be absent that day as I m still on course. Hope everything would go fine that day :rolleyes:

oh so Uncle will bear the replacement cost ah? My lights was also broken during installation.....

the 3 electricians are really bad imo. Even the head, he also a bit blur. I ask him to relocate my existing phone line to elsewhere and he didn't. When i ask him to do it the next time i saw him, he jus add another one in the room with NEW trunking lor. So now tat room has SO many ugly trunkings and 2 phone lines...... weirdness..

:unsure: yes uncle Ah Soon bears our replacement ... You juz need to highlight to him that they are broken by the workers. Sometimes I really pity Ah Soon. Why juz the workers do the job nice x at 1st? Thus far, I m most satisfied with Ah Soon carpentary merry man. I muz said that they r of high standards. I noticed that fondue had closet soft closing problems? My soft closing seem alrite .... no need bull strength :P brand Ah Soon team's is employing for soft closing is I-Rex I think

Edited by Rune

Hi mrspiglet, its :( that the current pool of electricial is not up to mark. Anyway hope Ah Soon would replace or at least oversees their work when they r in progress. I was pretty frustrated at them. But let my wife handle by juz letting her know what sloppy job they did. Yes, like I mentioned earlier, Ah Soon was kind enough to bear the rectifications jobs.

Actually my wifey has agreed with Ah Soon on 18 Apr 09. Furnitures and electrical stuffs are scheduled to come in on 22 Apr 09, afternoon. We had arranged with Ah Soon for final rectifications on 22 Apr morning. I would be absent that day as I m still on course. Hope everything would go fine that day :rolleyes:

:unsure: yes uncle Ah Soon bears our replacement ... You juz need to highlight to him that they are broken by the workers. Sometimes I really pity Ah Soon. Why juz the workers do the job nice x at 1st? Thus far, I m most satisfied with Ah Soon carpentary merry man. I muz said that they r of high standards. I noticed that fondue had closet soft closing problems? My soft closing seem alrite .... no need bull strength :P brand Ah Soon team's is employing for soft closing is I-Rex I think

hi rune, my soft closing is alright, just the opening of the drawers need bull strength. which track u using? the Malaysia one or taiwan one? One is in black coated, one is just sliver color.

I agree with Rune... why can't Ah Soon workers get things right the first time? Like that rectify here and there, waste so many man hours and time and energy and resources .... I really can't get it!

The electrical guy a bit blur... we walked thru the requirements with him.......... then he still ask Jason..... then when he about to install, I was present.. he asked Jason and me again... SIGH.

For the ones doing false ceiling... also like that. Jason drew on the wall for them ........ still got it wrong.

Now I tell them : if they want to install my lights or bathroom accessories......... call my wife.. she walks over and supervise. I just dont like the idea of installing wrongly, take it down........ and in the process, spoil some things here and there. Then got to redo and redo. Though Ah soon will rectify, still dont like that feeling. I dont want money and time wasted.

mm Smallboy.. i think it's not just Ah Soon's men. It's all workers. This is what I call Worker mentality. They just want to get the job done. Boss not around, so they anyhow do. If they are better than that then they will become supervisors... otherwise they will be workers. Anyway they are still paid for a day's work, to most of them... work so hard for what?

All renovation will have faults one.. I guess as long as we're not made to bear the cost I'm very happy liao. Just pity Ah Soon who has to bear the cost of their mistakes.

I agree with Rune... why can't Ah Soon workers get things right the first time? Like that rectify here and there, waste so many man hours and time and energy and resources .... I really can't get it!

The electrical guy a bit blur... we walked thru the requirements with him.......... then he still ask Jason..... then when he about to install, I was present.. he asked Jason and me again... SIGH.

For the ones doing false ceiling... also like that. Jason drew on the wall for them ........ still got it wrong.

Now I tell them : if they want to install my lights or bathroom accessories......... call my wife.. she walks over and supervise. I just dont like the idea of installing wrongly, take it down........ and in the process, spoil some things here and there. Then got to redo and redo. Though Ah soon will rectify, still dont like that feeling. I dont want money and time wasted.

smallboy, same sentiments. if they do it once and do it right, precious time and $ can be saved.

My hubby and 've been taking turns to go there supervising for some things, it can be very tiring to shuttle in between.

mm Smallboy.. i think it's not just Ah Soon's men. It's all workers. This is what I call Worker mentality. They just want to get the job done. Boss not around, so they anyhow do. If they are better than that then they will become supervisors... otherwise they will be workers. Anyway they are still paid for a day's work, to most of them... work so hard for what?

All renovation will have faults one.. I guess as long as we're not made to bear the cost I'm very happy liao. Just pity Ah Soon who has to bear the cost of their mistakes.

AGREE......... it is a WORKER's mentality. The ones with good brain sense are only Ah Soon and Jason........ and they are the ones running the show and calling the shots. Not enough of them on site and supervise. Wish Jason can replicate himself... he is really good. Got brains, think about functionality and also asethetics (did I spell correctly)... my wife always use this word to describe Jason. :)