Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wjess10

Ariston Oven Already Trip My Circuit Breaker. How To Settle It Without Call Service People?

I just bought a 5-years-old unit from a young couple (I believe they seldom cooked at home). The built-in oven is Ariston. When I use it, the first 10 mins is ok, afterthen, it trip my circuit breaker. I have tried twice, both same.

I found someone faced same problem in the forums and they called service people came down to repair, cost them S$220!!! Too expensive!!!

Is there any other way to settle it without call service people???

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I just bought a 5-years-old unit from a young couple (I believe they seldom cooked at home). The built-in oven is Ariston. When I use it, the first 10 mins is ok, afterthen, it trip my circuit breaker. I have tried twice, both same.

I found someone faced same problem in the forums and they called service people came down to repair, cost them S$220!!! Too expensive!!!

my mum place also, i think the oven use alot of electricity..so when i wan to use the ariston built in oven, i will off all aircons, water heater, boiler and unneccessary lightings in the house.

Depends what trips.

If is the ELCB, or now known as RCB, (the one with the push test button), then... only the service ppl know what to do.

If is the tiny MCB that trip, then is consider a overload situation. Have to turn off other appliances. Oven requires same type of wiring as a water heater. 15A.

Hi...there is one way to fix it....usually is cause by moisture in the oven because of the period not using...1st u got to find the main power plug...take off the earth wire then on for at least 1/2 an hour...if after u connect the earth back still trip..do the following step again...should b no problem after tat...but important when u take off the earth wire and on the oven...pls do not touch any metal parts on the oven...an if u r not using the oven so frequetly...on to heat up at least once a week around 15mins

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum. I'm facing the same problem as you. I haven't used my ARISTON oven for quite a while, almost close to 4 years. The oven is still working but after switching on for about 10 minutes, it trips the circuit breaker. I called ARISTON and they wanted to charge $300 plus. I managed to get a contact from the internet and he's coming by tomorrow. Hopefully, he's able to solve the problem. Will keep you posted if he can solve my problem.

Hi...there is one way to fix it....usually is cause by moisture in the oven because of the period not using...1st u got to find the main power plug...take off the earth wire then on for at least 1/2 an hour...if after u connect the earth back still trip..do the following step again...should b no problem after tat...but important when u take off the earth wire and on the oven...pls do not touch any metal parts on the oven...an if u r not using the oven so frequetly...on to heat up at least once a week around 15mins

Hi Earthboost,

You mean turning it on only? Or i need to turn on the heat up? Is that safe?

oh mine! it costs so much to repair the oven?!?!

my seller left me a build in oven and told me it is still working but may tripped the circuit cos they have not used it frequently.

if it cost so much to repair might as well buy a new one wor :(

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum. I'm facing the same problem as you. I haven't used my ARISTON oven for quite a while, almost close to 4 years. The oven is still working but after switching on for about 10 minutes, it trips the circuit breaker. I called ARISTON and they wanted to charge $300 plus. I managed to get a contact from the internet and he's coming by tomorrow. Hopefully, he's able to solve the problem. Will keep you posted if he can solve my problem.

Hi Fion, how did the repair go?

i was told no matter which brand of oven, if not in use for a long time, will trip the circuit when u use it

That's why need to on the oven and let it run for 10mins or so every now and then...

for problem like tis u need to take out the earth wire (the green one) from the plug fix it back and turn it on for 15 min to heat up the element from the oven then fix back the earth wire ,it shouble be runing now . if not that mean the element is gone case aldy ..

Hi

Just to share. I am faced with the same problem with my Turbo oven. Its brand new. Tried using it for the first time last week and it tripped my circuit too. So we have called the Turbo ppl down to take a look. It sounds like this tripping of circuit can be caused by new or old oven?

Hi

Just to share. I am faced with the same problem with my Turbo oven. Its brand new. Tried using it for the first time last week and it tripped my circuit too. So we have called the Turbo ppl down to take a look. It sounds like this tripping of circuit can be caused by new or old oven?

I have problem with mine too, but it's an Ariston.

It has been 3 years or so since the first trip. Stopped using it because of the circuit trip. Want to know the rough cost of repairing before I decide on the next course of action.