Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wjess10

Should I Change The Small Part In Aircon In The Outdoor Units?

My aircon is Daikin, 5 years old already. There are 4 indoor units, and 2 outdoor units.

I called a service company (found from internet) to have normal maintenance.

One young man and one old man came.

At first, the old man said that one of my remote-controls is fault, need to purchase a new one, and it costs S$90. I said no need, because I have 4 remote-controls, one is fault, but still can use any three.

Then the young guy told me that my air-filters are old style, there are new type of air-filter and cost at S$24/pc. Each indoor unit needs 2 pieces. I said it is not necessary to change.

Then they started to clear the aircon. When going to finish, I heard they talked something at my backyard, where to place the outdoor units. Then the old man come to me and told me, one of the part in outdoor unit need to change. I went to the back yard, the young man show me the small part in his hand, it looks like a fuse. He said it changed into black color due to overheat, so it should be changed, otherwise it will burn soon, and cause electrial board burn together.

I asked what it is and what its function. He said its name is 'Thermo Controller' (I can't remember the exact name), the function is to control the temperature to within control. But it costs more than S$160 for the new one.

The old man took out the new one from his bag, said it is made in Japan, that's why it is expensive. He repeated again ang again, If now I don't change, once it burn, it will burn the electrial board together. The electrial board costs S$600-800!

I notice the new part is a small part with a long copper wire. But the part in young man's hand is without wire. So I asked them why they looks different. The young man said he cut the parts down from the wire to show me. He can install it back if I don't want change.

I don't know aircon, but I think there should not be any electrial board at outdoor units. Otherwise it will short circuit during raining. So I told them I don't want change at this moment.

Anyone know anything about this part 'Thermo Controller'? Is it ture it will burn and cause electrial board burn together? Should I change it since it turns to dark already?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

U were probably shown something called a "thermistor", which is used to sense the outdoor unit temp. Turn dark colour is normal, as is is made of copper and exposed to hot/cold. If I am not mistaken, if this sensor detect outdoor unit too hot, it wil shut down the whole AC.

No such thing as spoil affect motherboard. Motherboard got many self protection circuits which will show fault code in the LED blinking.

If use reputable aircon company do servicing, they wun anyhow say.. cos the aircon distributor will take action against them.

If thermistor sensor faulty, daikin air con will blinking when u on the a/c

for out door thermistor faulty error code is C4.

to check error code when blinking press and hold "mode" and "up" "down" button together.

hi, hope you guys can help me with this.

my parents home is using Toshiba Inverter Sys 4 with 1 compressor and 4 blowers (3 bedrooms and 1 living room).

Recently, the indoor unit / blower or watever u call it in bedroom 3 is leaking on its right side. We got a repairguy to come and he said need cleaning. Indeed, it has been 2 years since any cleaning takes place. So he clean. The aircon unit works fine.

2 weeks later, the left side of the same indoor unit of bedroom 3 starts leaking and dripping heavily. We called for the same repair guy again. He said there is some prob with the motherboard in the compressor. To prevent leaking, we should ON the aircon in bedroom 2 at the same time.

So to change the motherboard,

choice 1 - brand new motherboard chip $900

choice 2 - 2nd hand motherboard chip $600 (dunno from where they can 2ndhand)

i am not very good technically, so i really hope for some advice. thanks

easy.

1) this the unit on almost every days? as i believe it might need chemcial wash($70) off your air con pull the swing flag and use light shine in side the air con is the fan blower chock?

Air con heavily dripping i still believe is choke.

2) have to on another air con to stop water leaking main pcb faulty? come diy your self.

on the bedroom 2 air con only. 5min later compressor run. walk to the driping air con step on a chair lift up front cover by two hand, then take out filter touch the coiling coil freezing or nothing?

driping air con is off mode so coil shouldnt be freezing. if yes 70 percent gone liao.

if no haha lucky pcb working fine, change company to svc ur air con.

Bencool Services.

visit my blog http://www.bencoolservices.blogspot.com/

see what is chemcial wash b4 and after.

new toshiba air con....erm.... got one problem is water tray is fixed so maybe the tray got choke block the water flow down the drain.

Edited by bencoolservices