Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prune

Marrying A Non Pr Spouse

Anyone got this experience? My gf is a non PR and we are facing a lot of restrictions getting flats, cannot get new one because must be at least PR, cannot get resale unless we can produce ROM cert during time of completion. BUT we are not getting ROM until we can get a flat and settle down (3 months after completion is fine). Anyone got similar experience? I am thinking of going to MP to appeal, I find it really ridiculous, Government encouraging people to get married and yet they are making it so difficult

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Anyone got this experience? My gf is a non PR and we are facing a lot of restrictions getting flats, cannot get new one because must be at least PR, cannot get resale unless we can produce ROM cert during time of completion. BUT we are not getting ROM until we can get a flat and settle down (3 months after completion is fine). Anyone got similar experience? I am thinking of going to MP to appeal, I find it really ridiculous, Government encouraging people to get married and yet they are making it so difficult

Does it mean that u will not ROM if u cannot get a flat? You problem is easily solved, get ROM and u can buy flat. No matter how u will have to produce COM when buying. If u go to MP, the gov will find u ridiculous, actually u r making it difficult for yourself.

Does it mean that u will not ROM if u cannot get a flat? You problem is easily solved, get ROM and u can buy flat. No matter how u will have to produce COM when buying. If u go to MP, the gov will find u ridiculous, actually u r making it difficult for yourself.

I also know ROM will solve the problem, but there are other considerations and factors that we want to get a flat before ROM. I don't think it is ridiculous to see MP, everyone has their problem, wait till one day you encounter some problems then you will know the what is call ridiculous

I also know ROM will solve the problem, but there are other considerations and factors that we want to get a flat before ROM. I don't think it is ridiculous to see MP, everyone has their problem, wait till one day you encounter some problems then you will know the what is call ridiculous

Oh yes, i did have some ding dong with HDB but in the end i still have to give in. They even put it in very nice way blah blah blah and the conclusion was i will have to fortfiet my 5k deposit if idon't accept their terms.

If u want a flat u got to play by their book. HDB very strict on this. Cannot bend their rules, they can't be making this exception for u alone. U got to look for alternatives, consider renting a flat?

Oh yes, i did have some ding dong with HDB but in the end i still have to give in. They even put it in very nice way blah blah blah and the conclusion was i will have to fortfiet my 5k deposit if idon't accept their terms.

If u want a flat u got to play by their book. HDB very strict on this. Cannot bend their rules, they can't be making this exception for u alone. U got to look for alternatives, consider renting a flat?

Ya HDB quite strict but I ever encountered cases of them bending some rules. You just got to be harder than them. Never mind, it is a painful experience getting flats, hope I can find a good one soon. Thank you

Sometimes we just need to understand the basis of regulations to find that they are not as ridiculous as we think.

HDB does not allow non-PR to buy a flat simply because they want to protect the citizens; public housing are meant for Singaporeans with a proper family nucleus, and I fully agree with that as a Singaporean.

With that understood and fulfilled, nothing is impossible and yes, we can always bend the rules. However the onus of the matter is on you to PROVE to the govt that you do not have ulterior motive, etc and sincerely want to settle down in Singapore with a roof over your head.

For that matters, I know HDB do allow Singaporeans and PRs to defer submission of ROM certificate after the sales completion, but not so sure about non-PRs...

Sometimes we just need to understand the basis of regulations to find that they are not as ridiculous as we think.

HDB does not allow non-PR to buy a flat simply because they want to protect the citizens; public housing are meant for Singaporeans with a proper family nucleus, and I fully agree with that as a Singaporean.

With that understood and fulfilled, nothing is impossible and yes, we can always bend the rules. However the onus of the matter is on you to PROVE to the govt that you do not have ulterior motive, etc and sincerely want to settle down in Singapore with a roof over your head.

For that matters, I know HDB do allow Singaporeans and PRs to defer submission of ROM certificate after the sales completion, but not so sure about non-PRs...

Yes, I do agree on the part about protecting the citizen, but I am prepared to give up my grant till she gets her PR then I apply for top up, without the grant, I am effectively buying at market price, so I do not see the reason behind that. Furthermore I am not deferring forever, just 6 months will do. Will try to appeal, even writing to PMO, the government is encourage people to get married and now they are creating more barrier

... the government is encourage people to get married and now they are creating more barrier

the govt is encouraging ppl to marry SG ladies! Even if it's not about Sg ladies.. it's about creating citizen babies. The policies are pretty clear, and everyone plays by the same set of rules. If for some reason, she fails to get PR.. can u imagine how big that problem will be then, for everyone?

Til now, I have not seen any compelling reason why HDB will grant u an exception.

Yes, I do agree on the part about protecting the citizen, but I am prepared to give up my grant till she gets her PR then I apply for top up, without the grant, I am effectively buying at market price, so I do not see the reason behind that. Furthermore I am not deferring forever, just 6 months will do. Will try to appeal, even writing to PMO, the government is encourage people to get married and now they are creating more barrier

You just don't get it, do you? You want to talk about market price, try comparing the same size private apartments in the same area; from private resale to developers to HDB. Can you find an apartment lower priced than HDB? And you call the HDB's resale price as market price? Com'on! HDB resale is not market price, its subsidised right from the beginning, you know it!

Anyway, its not about money, just because you got money to buy without a grant does not entitle you to buy. This is public housing, built on public soils, funded by public money from taxpayers' coffers, for Singaporeans and PRs only. Hope you can understand that.

You just don't get it, do you? You want to talk about market price, try comparing the same size private apartments in the same area; from private resale to developers to HDB. Can you find an apartment lower priced than HDB? And you call the HDB's resale price as market price? Com'on! HDB resale is not market price, its subsidised right from the beginning, you know it!

Anyway, its not about money, just because you got money to buy without a grant does not entitle you to buy. This is public housing, built on public soils, funded by public money from taxpayers' coffers, for Singaporeans and PRs only. Hope you can understand that.

brother,

when i married my wife [a non-pr at that time], we had to move out of my parents home. Thus, without our own home, i got to turn to rental flat.

To make matter worse, Im the sole-breadwinner. To make it worser, my wife decided that we should have a baby 4mths into our marriage. She got her PR after ROM about 10mths later though. Thats the fastest i think i did to speed up my process of getting a proper HDB flat with subsidised market rate and achieved what the govt calling for early marriage and early parenthood. Think i should apply for award for that.

I really dunno your point of not wanting to ROM. the longer u wait, the longer HDB let u wait. If you love your gf, intends to marry her, i just dun understand your predicament of delaying ur ROM. If its financial problem, i do understood.

Anyway, wish u luck !

Bro, sorry to hijack the thread. Here's another scenario my friend is a singapore pr (malaysian) but the spouse is not a singapore pr however their daughter is singapore pr (16yrs old) can the family buy the hdb flat?

Bro, sorry to hijack the thread. Here's another scenario my friend is a singapore pr (malaysian) but the spouse is not a singapore pr however their daughter is singapore pr (16yrs old) can the family buy the hdb flat?

cannot

must be above 21 yrs old.

www.hdb.gov.sg

read under Home Seeker.

It has spell out the rule and requirement.

Edited by therat