Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wilson

Is This Type Of Ceiling Good/nice ?

Hi all,

I have some pictures of the ceiling made at a freind's place. Thought I would like to do the same thing.

The rounded ceiling looks unique, the centre is actually a light trough, and blue-colored fluorescent lights are installed inside the ceiling. concealed.

When lit, the blue light gets 'bounced' off the top, and reflected onto the rest of the Living Room. The ambience created is truly, well,....... indescribable.

Following are the photos :-

uniqueceiling2yh8.th.jpg

uniqueceiling1gx6.th.jpg

Hoping for your kind opinions. Thank you,......

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi hi...

It's called Cove lighting . A form of indirect lighting built into ledges or recesses in a ceiling or high on the walls of a room. It may be used as primary lighting, or for aesthetic accent. Products used typically are LED strips.

It's nice ahhh ...But dust will collect and me got Eczema . ;)

Cleaning is also quite troublesome

Hi hi...

It's called Cove lighting . A form of indirect lighting built into ledges or recesses in a ceiling or high on the walls of a room. It may be used as primary lighting, or for aesthetic accent. Products used typically are LED strips.

It's nice ahhh ...But dust will collect and me got Eczema . ;)

Cleaning is also quite troublesome

Clockwork, thank you, ohh, I see, it's called Cove Lighting,.... never knew the actual name - thanks again for pointing out.

But why do I not see many people doing it, I mean in the homes ?

Is it due to the fact that dust will collect badly and really that difficult to clean/maintain ?

Well, I would really want to know before I commit myself,....... :o

Clockwork, thank you, ohh, I see, it's called Cove Lighting,.... never knew the actual name - thanks again for pointing out.

But why do I not see many people doing it, I mean in the homes ?

Is it due to the fact that dust will collect badly and really that difficult to clean/maintain ?

Well, I would really want to know before I commit myself,....... :o

Cost is a factor. Different lightings have different energy consumption. Normally pple go for energy saving blubs or fluorescent Lamps . Some have a dimmer effect , so you can control the brightness of the lights.

A friend of mine have cove celing with lightings , cleaning is a hassle coz have to climb , strain the neck and dust all over face. Very cialet... Also breeding area for lizards.

Clockwork, thank you. I intend to choose the fluorescent lights !

As for cleaning, thought I'd just push the vacuum cleaner's suction tube into the trough, and suck-up the dust. Shouldn't be much of a hassle, right ?

Of course, I'd have to lift-up the vacuum cleaner, or use a longer suction tube.

actually this kind of ceiling is not rare. i oso have something like it:

mbr_cove.jpg

de only diff is last time not so popular to do curve ceiling. moreover not suitable for bedroom. like wat the others mentioned, it's harder to clean, so i din do many of this ceiling, only did one in my mbr.