Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Blanche

Glass Of Windows Smashed!

Hi,

Anyone has any window contractor to recommend - cheap and good?

There was this strong wind last evening that slammed my windows shut, and the glass panel (the one inside the rectangle frame) actually has a crack that stretched the entire diagonal of the window pane!!!

Please help... one contractor quoted us $400 to replace the glass. seems really expensive! the list on window contractors on BCA is really extensive, so would appreciate any recommendations.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Anyone has any window contractor to recommend - cheap and good?

There was this strong wind last evening that slammed my windows shut, and the glass panel (the one inside the rectangle frame) actually has a crack that stretched the entire diagonal of the window pane!!!

Please help... one contractor quoted us $400 to replace the glass. seems really expensive! the list on window contractors on BCA is really extensive, so would appreciate any recommendations.

Hi,

Two reasons:

1. I know the price of glass is cheap, but I think the main cost come from dismantling the whole frame which requires a lot of effort.

2. High transport fees because only 1 maintenance work. :)

Why don't you upload a picture of the damage window panel? Easier for us to assess the cost required.

Update:

I have check for you, repairing a single panel of glass window is around $300.

Process:

- take the frame apart

- replace old glass with new glass

- reassemble the frame

Ren

Edited by rendell