Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

wow your squarish layout is easy to reno and design too. btw, tanglin halt near to where huh? how much u bought ur flat

Tanglin Halt is the 3 40-storey HDB flats in front of Commonwealth MRT lo. Bought it for $380K ++

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow $380k++ is a price to pay for location :(:(

But its a gd location also gd investment, as the flats there can fetch very high price when time come.

Me got no budget to get tat area flat :(:(

Wow $380k++ is a price to pay for location :(:(

But its a gd location also gd investment, as the flats there can fetch very high price when time come.

Me got no budget to get tat area flat :(:(

Well tat was the market price then. Dun think we have much of a choice. Plus huge financial burden lo and the monthly instalment can be **** if kena retrenched.

Plus we buy high, so can't earn much as compared to those who bought the flats before 2008.

SG so small, ur area will oso become developed then oso can fetch high price and be very accessible with our advance public transport! haha

well applefreak, I think my hubby will KILL me if I push the blame to the position of the door. He'll say i'm crazy lol

But then again, I went to visit some neighbours who were kind enough to let me in. All three of them din change the position of the toilet door. Tats y i oso wonder whether I should spend tat few hundred dollars just to get an approval. X leh!

some times things happen in a way that you cannot don't believe loh

the door-face-door thing will be bad if both rooms are occupied

if one of the room is empty then it's still not too bad

if it's not too hard on your budget then might as well do it

however, if you are not a firm believer then can spend the money on something else :notti:

pai seh applefreak do you have a direct link to ur bedroom facing toilet door? :notti: too many pics for me to find thanks arh

didn't take a picture now coz my bed is not in a permanent position

i've shifted it all around my room trying to get a 'best' position

now it's facing my toilet door and i use a curtain to cover the toilet door :bleah:

well if got excess then can consider hacking ba. :P

BTW, please give ur comments on false ceiilng design. Cant make up my mind on which one is better.

NO COVE LIGHTING for me cos I'm scared of the recession which is a breeding ground for lizards it seems haha

falseceiingcenreuu3.th.jpglivingview204111xx0.th.jpg

1sidefalseceilingdt0.th.jpg

So please ignore that cove design. I am wondering whether to have 2 sides false ceiling (colored sides or colored centre?) or 1 side false ceiling above the TV area will do?

Sufficient lighting if just based on PLC downlights? :dunno:

take double tube PLC lights? The shop uncle say a 13W tube gives out light abt the same as a normal 75W light. If ur floor space isnt too big i reckon it shd be sufficient. I'm also not having cove lights, i scare dust bunnies multiply in the recession.

falseceiingcenreuu3.th.jpg

Tis look better, as for PLC lighting should be enough with a 13W tube depending on how many PLC u have and the floor area. Now HDB living very small so 6 to 8 PLC should be able to light up the whole living area le.

Tis look better, as for PLC lighting should be enough with a 13W tube depending on how many PLC u have and the floor area. Now HDB living very small so 6 to 8 PLC should be able to light up the whole living area le.

hi

tanglin halt ceiling can be kinda low. maybe whole ceiling white might help to enlarge the space. i guess if you have both side cove lights, most properly you will only use the light above the sofa cos the cove lights nearer to TV side can be too glaring when watching TV. you might end up using just the down light on top TV and cove light above the sofa area.

HTH.

Hi Kari, congrats on ur new home.

hmm...those feng shui issues u mentioned actually are the general key points, dont be surprise when the FSM actually give u really detailed advice, some things which seems not ok can atually be ok. I had a interesting 4 hrs session in my flat with him. Very very eye opening :notti:

so does Tanglin Halt neighbours have false ceiling? or jus L box? (

Those who have, is it really very cramped? Can share experience?

Yeah I agree FS is different for each individual cos not all born in the same day and time :notti:

I din engage a FS master, so I just want to find a layout that is comfortable and of course cost savings hee hee. Just take the FS issue with a pinch of salt ba.

Nope I'm not charged for the 3D but I dun think my contractor will give me more drawings since she has to pay her designer for them.

so does Tanglin Halt neighbours have false ceiling? or jus L box? (

Those who have, is it really very cramped? Can share experience?

Yeah I agree FS is different for each individual cos not all born in the same day and time :notti:

I din engage a FS master, so I just want to find a layout that is comfortable and of course cost savings hee hee. Just take the FS issue with a pinch of salt ba.

Nope I'm not charged for the 3D but I dun think my contractor will give me more drawings since she has to pay her designer for them.

hi i'm from blk 89, did my whole house including kitchen and toilet false ceiling. not too bad cos i painted everything white. can't really feel the difference ba.

hi i'm from blk 89, did my whole house including kitchen and toilet false ceiling. not too bad cos i painted everything white. can't really feel the difference ba.

Hello! I know cos I'm oso from Blk 89 :D But after reading too much from the topic "My Neighbourhood" I get confused who is who le.

So you mean if white false ceiling is ok but if put color then will be very cramped?

Hello! I know cos I'm oso from Blk 89 :D But after reading too much from the topic "My Neighbourhood" I get confused who is who le.

So you mean if white false ceiling is ok but if put color then will be very cramped?

Your unit resembles the #312 in Blk 91. I think you can check out some of their designs and layout, esp on the MBR.

well if got excess then can consider hacking ba. :P

BTW, please give ur comments on false ceiilng design. Cant make up my mind on which one is better.

NO COVE LIGHTING for me cos I'm scared of the recession which is a breeding ground for lizards it seems haha

So please ignore that cove design. I am wondering whether to have 2 sides false ceiling (colored sides or colored centre?) or 1 side false ceiling above the TV area will do?

My living room is similar layout like this with the cove in the center + 2 false ceilings. I usually just use the PLC lights in the back, sometimes even watch the TV with no lights. It's ok to me.

Edited by jule

Hi, I'm looking for a contractor, not designer, that can provide 3d drawings. I already know what I want & need someone to put into perspective. Can pm me you contractor contact? thanks.