Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

Hi Jule Thanks for tat piece of info. Will go search for #312.

I love tat black strips on ur floor. Wanna copy ur idea can? haha :notti:

But when you cover with furniture, it's not obvious anymore right? Ur false ceiling is ALL white as sakae sushi suggested. So I guess colored false ceiling is not suitable for our area?? :dunno:

Actuali I begin to wonder whether having PLC on both sides is really necessary since most people actuali onli on the ones above the sofa. Bright enough meh? I'm used to the old school centre light piece. haha :P

Oh yeah intel & rondy, in case of mis-communications, the 3D is part of the package so tats y to me considered free. I have to pay deposit first before I get my 3D though I know some ID firms actuali give 3D first before you even sign contract. Eg Baroque - Andy (Nice guy)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Kari, congratulation on the new house and all the best to your renov. Looking forward to your update along the way :-) .

Kapo your thread abit :-p , hope u dont mind. Anyone from #314, care to share your design? Cause i feel the MBR's layout of #314 is not as versatile as #312, partly due to the location of its toilet. Anyone from #314 :-) .

Hi Jule Thanks for tat piece of info. Will go search for #312.

I love tat black strips on ur floor. Wanna copy ur idea can? haha :notti:

But when you cover with furniture, it's not obvious anymore right? Ur false ceiling is ALL white as sakae sushi suggested. So I guess colored false ceiling is not suitable for our area?? :dunno:

Actuali I begin to wonder whether having PLC on both sides is really necessary since most people actuali onli on the ones above the sofa. Bright enough meh? I'm used to the old school centre light piece. haha :P

Oh yeah intel & rondy, in case of mis-communications, the 3D is part of the package so tats y to me considered free. I have to pay deposit first before I get my 3D though I know some ID firms actuali give 3D first before you even sign contract. Eg Baroque - Andy (Nice guy)

It's my ID's idea not mine :P the 2 strips are mosaic.. it's all the way from the entrance to the window. So only a small part is covered by the sofa.

My suggestion is to have more switches to control the lights :P so you can decide when you want to turn on. It looks nice to have all the lights on but not economical to do so everyday.

I remember one of the guys also had colored false ceilings.. grey color i think

Yeah I want 2-way switch and dimmer too. If got excess budget, I oso dream of those Korean motion sensor light at foyer. So cool! :notti:

But for cove light in the centre, will the centre ceiling look dark and ugly when you dun turn it on at night?

Yeah I want 2-way switch and dimmer too. If got excess budget, I oso dream of those Korean motion sensor light at foyer. So cool! :notti:

But for cove light in the centre, will the centre ceiling look dark and ugly when you dun turn it on at night?

For the cove in the center have it in lighter shade than those on the side, than no worries tat its look too dark and ugly.

Think have more switches to control the PLC is a must, if not the bills sure shoot sky high. Like me didn't cater enough switches for my PLC, as at any 1 time must on 4PLC haiz... :bangwall:

Ya.. remember to tell them which lights need to be 2 Way before they do the electrical works and false ceiling. I dont mean 2 way switch.. but more number of switches.. I got a total 9 switches for the lights in my living room :P

Ya.. remember to tell them which lights need to be 2 Way before they do the electrical works and false ceiling. I dont mean 2 way switch.. but more number of switches.. I got a total 9 switches for the lights in my living room :P

Wow 9 switches. Ok will take note to tell my contractor these. Steve oso reminded me to have more switches. :P

So Jule, for your house, when you dun turn on the cove light at night, will the centre ceiling look dark and ugly?

Cos I'm not doing cove light so really appreciate your experience in this. Thanks. :sport-smiley-018:

More switches to control lighting are great, but will also increase the cost of wiring of electrical pt.

For lighting switches must plan carefully, take me as an example lor didn't really plan the switches and ID also never remind or inform me of the issues haiz... :bangwall::bangwall:

Now wants to add also cannot le, so bear in mind of the switches part.

Wow 9 switches. Ok will take note to tell my contractor these. Steve oso reminded me to have more switches. :P

So Jule, for your house, when you dun turn on the cove light at night, will the centre ceiling look dark and ugly?

Cos I'm not doing cove light so really appreciate your experience in this. Thanks. :sport-smiley-018:

think its nice if lights is cast onto the ceiling can see the lights cast. especially if the ceiling is dark.

2 way power point is helpful if you want to on the light from area A and off it in another area B. eg. 1 is living room, 1 in bedroom. save u the hassle of walking all the way to off the light.

the minus point of cove light is dust will trap there easily and very hard to maintain the area well.

HTH

think its nice if lights is cast onto the ceiling can see the lights cast. especially if the ceiling is dark.

the minus point of cove light is dust will trap there easily and very hard to maintain the area well.

Dunnoe how I'm gg to paint the ceiling few years down the road unless I pay for professional help, so i guess i'll stick to normal white ceilings ba. But definitely NO cove light cos I'm a lazy bum. Low maintenace is impt to me! :P

whitefalseceilingmy9.jpg

I think look ok ba.

redwhitekitcheneditxx4.jpg Con is dunnoe haf enuff countertop anot since all squeeze in 1 row but Pro is tat it's neat.

kicedithn4.jpg Con is dunnoe whether W/M will hinder my washing. The sink not exactly in front of W/M. but a 2 ft dist i guess cos i want longer counter top.

ikeakitcheneo7.jpg

Some of my neighbours chose tis layout, saying that it is ok for the washing machine to block part of the window. Plus it has a very long countertop.

Please note that the drawings are not drawn to scale.

Feel free to give comments. :thumbs up:

Hmm.. unless ur kitchen windows are very low, I don't think the washing machine will block the window bah. Washing machine there will let u have more counter top (which I like!), but the con is that it'll be very hard to hang clothes outside.

Btw, I love the colours in the first pic! Hehehe.. which one will u choose? The red/white design or the grey/white one?

Hmm.. unless ur kitchen windows are very low, I don't think the washing machine will block the window bah. Washing machine there will let u have more counter top (which I like!), but the con is that it'll be very hard to hang clothes outside.

Btw, I love the colours in the first pic! Hehehe.. which one will u choose? The red/white design or the grey/white one?

dsc00119gp8.th.jpg I hate tat pillar! :( Well the W/M height jus reach below the window nicely. Neighbours who have this layout say it's quite windy at our area so no worries abt hanging inside. They dun hang their clothese outside lo haha :P

Yup the red/white design is better than the standard grey/white, but it does remind me of a flag :P but color combi not confirm yet