Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

No problem, just show it to her and tell her to stop acting blur.

Lazy, eat into her profits, just say the word, stop giving excuses like impossible to do.

If she can't offer solutions, she will have to pay for that mistake, simply that.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
No problem, just show it to her and tell her to stop acting blur.

Lazy, eat into her profits, just say the word, stop giving excuses like impossible to do.

If she can't offer solutions, she will have to pay for that mistake, simply that.

Thanks. I'm more confidnet of getting her to retify the problems by providing her solutions. Hee

Oh my goodness.....seem like renovating a house is not really 100% perfect isnt it?

Anyway, I hope your id can recitified your problems and comes up with a good alternatives.

Oh my goodness.....seem like renovating a house is not really 100% perfect isnt it?

Anyway, I hope your id can recitified your problems and comes up with a good alternatives.

haha, i would say nothing would be perfect. no matter how good or wonderful a renovation is, there's bound to mistakes here and there. It's up to your own expectation on what you can accept, what you cannot accept, the amount you pay for that justify the quality of work that you can tolerate.

The most important thing is, when things happened, no matter how big or small the firm is, just have to get them to rectify until you satisfy. A good renovation to me is not a perfect one with no errors at all, but more of even when there's mistakes made, the contractor/ID would go out of their way to rectify for you.

So in the end, even if it's not 100%, at least if the condition is about 90 to 95% of what we call perfect, i'm ok to accept it since i know they are sincere. To me, the only person that can make ur home renovation 100% perfect will be to do yourself, because only you know what you want and what is the type of standard you want. However, between you and your spouse (or co-owner), each has their own standard, so whose standard it should be based on?

haha, think i'm spouting nonsense.

Edited by gongkia

tell your id. if you can find a carpenter that say they can change it for you will she be willing to waive the whole kitchen carpentry works fee?

i've encountered so many craps id, carpenter etc throughout my reno works. i'm pretty hands on, if they say cannot find,cannot do etc i'll challenge them. they ended up no choice LL have to do. usually its not so much of cannot find or do, its they are lazy or cutting cost. id firms mark up lots. :)

It's not easy even when it's recommended by frenz or in the forum. Really cannot 100% trust too.

Dun expect perfection but expect up to expectation. :bleah:

haha, i would say nothing would be perfect. no matter how good or wonderful a renovation is, there's bound to mistakes here and there. It's up to your own expectation on what you can accept, what you cannot accept, the amount you pay for that justify the quality of work that you can tolerate.

The most important thing is, when things happened, no matter how big or small the firm is, just have to get them to rectify until you satisfy. A good renovation to me is not a perfect one with no errors at all, but more of even when there's mistakes made, the contractor/ID would go out of their way to rectify for you.

So in the end, even if it's not 100%, at least if the condition is about 90 to 95% of what we call perfect, i'm ok to accept it since i know they are sincere. To me, the only person that can make ur home renovation 100% perfect will be to do yourself, because only you know what you want and what is the type of standard you want. However, between you and your spouse (or co-owner), each has their own standard, so whose standard it should be based on?

haha, think i'm spouting nonsense.

Amt tat I pay may not be alot, but it's a price tat the contractor quote. so it should be a price tat she's satisifed with to earn enuff profit.

plus i onli ask her to waive off $100 for the upgrade of paint. tats all lo. no other freebies leh. more drawers? considered? haha

tell your id. if you can find a carpenter that say they can change it for you will she be willing to waive the whole kitchen carpentry works fee?

i've encountered so many craps id, carpenter etc throughout my reno works. i'm pretty hands on, if they say cannot find,cannot do etc i'll challenge them. they ended up no choice LL have to do. usually its not so much of cannot find or do, its they are lazy or cutting cost. id firms mark up lots. :)

I like your idea :thumbs up: Really make her know that I cannot be smoked anymore lol

Yeah, I agreed with you.

I do encounter not a good experience with the id also.

I complain to them and glad that they have sack the granite tiler.

I should have ask the tilers for compensation! I forgot!

But what done is done.

I just moved on.

It's not easy even when it's recommended by frenz or in the forum. Really cannot 100% trust too.

Dun expect perfection but expect up to expectation. :bleah:

Yeah, I agreed with you.

I do encounter not a good experience with the id also.

I complain to them and glad that they have sack the granite tiler.

I should have ask the tilers for compensation! I forgot!

But what done is done.

I just moved on.

lol. Yes I have read ur blog too. really quite a nightmare.

I dun think there will be discount or compensation given. At most it's retifications. Since in the first place, already set aside tat sum of money for reno, jus dun wanna exceed budget and hope everything do nicely will be happy liao.

No amt of compensation can compensate a poorly designed house right?

Hahaha...what to do? Already shifted in liao. There are lots of cut leg feeling here and there.

Anyway, other than that danm tiler who screwed up my floor, the rest of the renov is good. I have no complain.

And the after service is good too!

Anyway, before this, I nearly to sign up with De Palmco.....luckily I did not.

The others such as Ho Bee and Jade.

lol. Yes I have read ur blog too. really quite a nightmare.

I dun think there will be discount or compensation given. At most it's retifications. Since in the first place, already set aside tat sum of money for reno, jus dun wanna exceed budget and hope everything do nicely will be happy liao.

No amt of compensation can compensate a poorly designed house right?

Hahaha...what to do? Already shifted in liao. There are lots of cut leg feeling here and there.

Anyway, other than that danm tiler who screwed up my floor, the rest of the renov is good. I have no complain.

And the after service is good too!

Anyway, before this, I nearly to sign up with De Palmco.....luckily I did not.

The others such as Ho Bee and Jade.

well i guess not much experience in granite floor tilings ba.

yes i oso heard their after sales service is good. Hope even after tis drawer incident, my contractor will still be nice to me. haha. :P

Kari, sakae sushi's suggestion is definately the way to go if your IDs remain stubborn and irresponsible. Sharing you my own experience on my mum's place, whereby we have a renov flaw in our toilet. Everything is done up by then, but we insist that the flaw to be fix. Our IDs have no choice but to re-do the fixings and re-tile the area. Although eventually its still shortcoming, at least we put up a fight to claim our rights and get some improvement.

All the best today and do update us :-) .

well i guess not much experience in granite floor tilings ba.

yes i oso heard their after sales service is good. Hope even after tis drawer incident, my contractor will still be nice to me. haha. :P

Dun worry la, i believe ur ID won't be so petty right?? Hope she is reading tis thread than she will do more as its free adv for her mah haha...

As i think tat the power of INTERNET

Kari, sakae sushi's suggestion is definately the way to go if your IDs remain stubborn and irresponsible. Sharing you my own experience on my mum's place, whereby we have a renov flaw in our toilet. Everything is done up by then, but we insist that the flaw to be fix. Our IDs have no choice but to re-do the fixings and re-tile the area. Although eventually its still shortcoming, at least we put up a fight to claim our rights and get some improvement.

All the best today and do update us :-) .

Yes. I will be firm and ask my contracotr for solutions. Ur mum's ID must be very nice. Everything done up yet still redo for you. Alot of work leh. But good for you lo. As you said, at least an improvement better than none. :)

Thanks. WIll update you guys on the outcome!

Dun worry la, i believe ur ID won't be so petty right?? Hope she is reading tis thread than she will do more as its free adv for her mah haha...

As i think tat the power of INTERNET

haha I dunnoe whether she's reading my thread but if she does, then I dun have to provide solutions to her liao.

Then she will do the retifications nice nice for me. I'll be so Happy then hee hee