Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

saw ur door was open today... so hw's ur 'battle' with ur ID?

I believe she is HAPPY with her ID rectification already, as the drawer have already been done if i'm not wrong.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I believe she is HAPPY with her ID rectification already, as the drawer have already been done if i'm not wrong.

YES YES! :sport-smiley-004:

I want to sing praises to my carpenter :)

The first thing I did was grab my carpenter when I reach my house (my contractor was not there)

I showed him how my bottle of oil cannot fit into the drawer. Of course he shook his head and initially say structure already up too.

Thanks to Steve's and Lawry's suggestion, he believed that could be possible and start thinking again.

Thanks guys! :)

I did not insists on my 14" internal storage area. As long as it can fit tat bottle of oil, I can still accept, so save the carpenter alot of work too (he was glad I said that haha) "Give and take lo" I told him cos it's not his fault. He oso admit the carptenter who did my kitchen should have asked what the house owner wants and not act like the house owner, thinking that is what WE want. hee hee. A very responsible and honest guy who doesn't side his company blindly and dare to admit the problem that occurs and try to retify other people's mistakes. In fact, this is not the first case he has helped me solve. (Another story)

His code of work is to do until customers are satisfied cos he oso understand we are living there for a long long time. Praises to him again! :thumbs up:

dsc00861lmh.th.jpgdsc00862m.th.jpg

The black drawer is the original one whereby my bottle of oil cannot fit. The white one is the drawer whereby the runners are adusted lower. :)

A word of fairness. I guess my contractor not bad. Her initial reaction may not be pleasing to my ears and though she did not come yesterday to explain to me as she's supposed to, she sent her other person-in-charge. I guess she's really not a techncial person, hence not having the knowledge, she has to protect her carpenters first I guess cos alot of work if redo lo haha. Luckily, the other person-in-charge din push and acknowledge the problem and both he and my favourtie carpenter start to think of solutions. He oso admit the previous carpenter din do my 14" drawer. It's a big and small drawers, not proportionate at all!

So I guess my contractor is not a technical person, so I should have seek her other partner's help instead. At least, my problem solved and I'm so happy.

Thank you guys for the advice and support. Lucky everything went thro smoothly. :):dancingqueen:

Edited by Kari

YES YES! :sport-smiley-004:

I want to sing praises to my carpenter :)

The first thing I did was grab my carpenter when I reach my house (my contractor was not there)

I showed him how my bottle of oil cannot fit into the drawer. Of course he shook his head and initially say structure already up too.

Thanks to Steve's and Lawry's suggestion, he believed that could be possible and start thinking again.

Thanks guys! :)

I did not insists on my 14" internal storage area. As long as it can fit tat bottle of oil, I can still accept, so save the carpenter alot of work too (he was glad I said that haha) "Give and take lo" I told him cos it's not his fault. He oso admit the carptenter who did my kitchen should have asked what the house owner wants and not act like the house owner, thinking that is what WE want. hee hee. A very responsible and honest guy who doesn't side his company blindly and dare to admit the problem that occurs and try to retify other people's mistakes. In fact, this is not the first case he has helped me solve. (Another story)

His code of work is to do until customers are satisfied cos he oso understand we are living there for a long long time. Praises to him again! :thumbs up:

dsc00861lmh.th.jpgdsc00862m.th.jpg

The black drawer is the original one whereby my bottle of oil cannot fit. The white one is the drawer whereby the runners are adusted lower. :)

A word of fairness. I guess my contractor not bad. Her initial reaction may not be pleasing to my ears and though she did not come yesterday to explain to me as she's supposed to, she sent her other person-in-charge. I guess she's really not a techncial person, hence not having the knowledge, she has to protect her carpenters first I guess cos alot of work if redo lo haha. Luckily, the other person-in-charge din push and acknowledge the problem and both he and my favourtie carpenter start to think of solutions. He oso admit the previous carpenter din do my 14" drawer. It's a big and small drawers, not proportionate at all!

So I guess my contractor is not a technical person, so I should have seek her other partner's help instead. At least, my problem solved and I'm so happy.

Thank you guys for the advice and support. Lucky everything went thro smoothly. :):dancingqueen:

Think ur ID/contractor are also repsonsible enough too, and gd service standard.

She scare u bombard her with solution mah haha, tat why asked her other in charge to go down.

She is technical la, just tat forgetful like some of her customer have commented.

But she is a responsible ID/contractor, till now after 10mth she still response to my call and queries for my hse defect therefore i like to comment her for her Good service to her existing customer like me.

Congrats on your rectification. At least, that's one thing off the block.

Thanks! :)

glad the rectification went smoothly....

show us your completed pics ok? hehe

Well, it's not obvious. Here's the retified drawers dsc00889j.th.jpg Cant see any change right? haha But I can definitely put in my bottles :P

The drawer is not fixed in cos my carpenter wants to change the runners as the drawer is not running smoothly :thumbs up: (Better than I find out and ask - got initiative)

My carpenter oso very nice. He knows I'm putting heavy items in the drawers, so we all know the runners may support 100kg but can the drawer base last so long? So from the original 2 plank of wood, he added another 2 to make 4 planks of wood as support. dsc00887y.th.jpg. ALL FOUR DRAWERS :)

I oso want to praise the workers who did the granite top. Very neat work. dsc00882.th.jpgthis one is the granite ard the sink area. Cut nicely to the wall.

dsc00886x.th.jpg This pic is the granite besides my tall cabinet. There's no problem with the granite not being aligned with the wall or cabinets. :thumbs up:

My painter, Pang Tai (A Myanmar worker) oso very nice. As I'm using dark colors for my living room and MBR walls, it is impossible for him to do touch up. There will definitely be different patches of color tones. It is time consuming to repaint the walls but my contractor kept her words. It really wasn't a touch up. It was repainting the whole wall at no additional cost. :P

Dunnoe whether you can see the different color tone on the same wall. dsc00911o.th.jpg but I'm really pleased with my contractor. I understand normal is 2 days of painting, 1 day for touch up. Mine is 2 days of paitning and 2 days of touch up (whereby the 2 days of touch up means re-painitng the whole wall so almost the same as 4 days of paitning!)

Those that can be done, like patching up the holes and trying his best to smoothen HDB wavy walls are done carefully. The only thing I'm upset is why wasn't plastering inside my quote! If I had known that plastering is needed to make the walls smooth and for paint to look nicer, i will have requested for it. But heard it's not cheap haha. Next time ba I guess. :)

Lastly, I want to thank my contractor for saving my life! haha

fartvz.th.jpg This is the disaster I caused cos the TV point is already there and hubby was angry with me being so brainless to place the TV so far (He's blind :bleah: )

neartv.th.jpg So we initially thot just have to live w/ the ugly wiring since the laminated flooring N platform already done N wiring cant be concealed underneath the floor anymore :(

smarttv.th.jpg But my smart contractor din blur blur agree with us. He made use of the TV point from my duaghter's room. Wa La! No ugly wiring ! :sport-smiley-004:

And this is the final product ! :sport-smiley-004:

dsc00894j.th.jpgdsc00895tnt.th.jpg The TV points and power points nicely done, making use of the exisitng points from the bedroom next door :)

dsc00896zxq.th.jpg Can you see the original TV point besides the door? Tats how far my TV will be initially. dsc00893jaf.th.jpg Now it's gotta be right in front of my bed. Hurray! :yamseng:

Seems that you are very HAPPY with ur contractor initiative hor :D

Good to hear that your contractor did the best to conceal those ugly wiring for you.

As i always believe that she can deliver quality products for her service, although her sometime can be very blur ahaha... :rofl:

Seems that you are very HAPPY with ur contractor initiative hor :D

Good to hear that your contractor did the best to conceal those ugly wiring for you.

As i always believe that she can deliver quality products for her service, although her sometime can be very blur ahaha... :rofl:

yup overall, not so bad. :)

Reno may not be smooth all the way, but at least retifications or solutions were provided eventually. There's no complaints or black face given.

She's not very calculative over certain items and services provided. Like my addition of the plank of wood, she's onli charging me for the workmanship. $100 plus for the laminate wood. She oso help me to mount my TV and Home Theatre system for free. She's not obliged to but she offered without me asking.

So yes again, I'm pleased. :P

yup overall, not so bad. :)

Reno may not be smooth all the way, but at least retifications or solutions were provided eventually. There's no complaints or black face given.

She's not very calculative over certain items and services provided. Like my addition of the plank of wood, she's onli charging me for the workmanship. $100 plus for the laminate wood. She oso help me to mount my TV and Home Theatre system for free. She's not obliged to but she offered without me asking.

So yes again, I'm pleased. :P

I do agree with you that no renovation will be smooth sailing. The only way to have a smooth and perfect renovation is to do it yourself as only you yourself will know exactly what is the standard that you can accept. However, to do ourselves, we might not have the technical know-how or even time to do everything. Which is why we got to engage in contractors/IDs.

With them, we would have to expect certain level of workmanship but always bear in mind that they won't be perfect or might not meet our standard of good workmanship. What's important would be that at the end of the day, when we feel that things have to be redone, they will not find excuses, shift blames or give a black face to do all rectification. I would feel that rectification shouldn't come with a cost if it's their misjudgement (of cos, if it's due to our own design problem, we would have to shoulder some of the blame.)

Can see that your contractor/ID is going out of her way to help you and that even took certain level of initiative to think of solutions for you, without giving you problems as mentioned above. That to me, is GOOD SERVICES and definitely make your whole experience a much better one. Congrats!

Thank you gongkia.

Here's more updates of my reno.

My glass backing is up :)

dsc00942i.th.jpg It's really dark as neighbours had warned. So waste elecrtricity on the lights lo. Even during day time, it's also so dark haha :bangwall:

Need your opinions. Do i need to add another glass panel at the basin area? It'll be very very dark but then tat patch of white is it ugly?

dsc00944.th.jpgdsc00943e.th.jpg