Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

My wife initially also wanted glass, but i dun like the idea as more dangerous to kids at low lvl, so just buy cheap SS rack and install so it prove to be quite useful ahah... :sport-smiley-004:

A bit obiang in the toilet la, but since my is HDB standard so just hack care lor...

:P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My wife initially also wanted glass, but i dun like the idea as more dangerous to kids at low lvl, so just buy cheap SS rack and install so it prove to be quite useful ahah... :sport-smiley-004:

A bit obiang in the toilet la, but since my is HDB standard so just hack care lor...

:P

I agree my toilet oso normal. Onli overlay toilet floors and not the walls, so cannot have nice nice hotel toilet look. lol

My 2 cent....but song cho brand!!!!

It is expensive but it is worth it.

Dont go for ss or whatever. It will rust lah.

well il think song cho has been proven to be the best S/S in the market. Hence no sales for years and still going strong.

If I buy S/S, I am also considering this brand. (My common toilet's towel rack din get to buy Song Cho cos in a rush of time haiz. But the towl rack already cost me $45 when I saw similar ones for $30! :bangwall: It's like if buy cheap, buy the cheapest ma :P)

My 2 cent....but song cho brand!!!!

It is expensive but it is worth it.

Dont go for ss or whatever. It will rust lah.

Songcho still the best, but cost of the rack and the look of my HDB toilet :bangwall: so in the end bought the cheapest SS rack haha...

Maybe next time when re-do toilet will get Songcho brand. I also like the look and feel of the songcho item.

Oooh agree! in the toilet, wet environment, you must buy good quality stainless steel accessories.

Some of my Ikea SS, didn't even touch water, but also rust because of water vapour I think.

Yes especially wet place, chicken brand is the best.

My mum bought all from songcho and cost more than $500+++ for just toilet accessories.

During that time, I told them off: Wtf..why spend so much? Look at me, I get from poh choo, whole item cost less than $200!

Now, I eat my words. Mine from poh choon (whom 1 guy from poh choo) told me wont rust! My foot! Now already rust!!!! Heartpain!

Now, my mum laugh at me, tell me: SAVE LAH! SEE LAH, SPEND A LITTLE BIT MORE AND YOU WONT GET THE HEADACHE!

So, as what Steve said, will change later!

My mum bought all from songcho and cost more than $500+++ for just toilet accessories.

During that time, I told them off: Wtf..why spend so much? Look at me, I get from poh choo, whole item cost less than $200!

Now, I eat my words. Mine from poh choon (whom 1 guy from poh choo) told me wont rust! My foot! Now already rust!!!! Heartpain!

Now, my mum laugh at me, tell me: SAVE LAH! SEE LAH, SPEND A LITTLE BIT MORE AND YOU WONT GET THE HEADACHE!

When 3yrs is reach i'll consider make over for the toilet, than will consider songcho accessories.

Other brand maybe cheaper, but quality wise.... haiz...

So when redo toilet will sure change to songcho may cost a bit more, but dun have future headache and even change new place also can bring over as no matter how long u use it still look almost like new.

dsc00796e.th.jpgdsc00942x.th.jpgdsc00944e.th.jpg

So can anyone advise whether should add another glass panel for this side of the wall?

My contractor say not nice cos cannot hide the edge, which is true. Then it'll be very very dark ard the basin area. But is it nice with a sudden splash of white tiles there?

i've had stainless steel covering the side... ur case, its more of consistency? one more side dark, wont make the place any darker i tink... :P

as for the shower rack, we bought SS from royal fanco... till nw doesn rust... oredi used it for over 6 months liao...

Kari, actually you can consider a piece of matt stainless steel on that white wall?

At least it goes with your sink and tap material, it doesn't look too off.

Edited: Better visualisation with a rough drawing at least.

Not the complete drawing, I tried drawing the sink and tap but failed. :x

karikitchenwhite.jpg

karikitchenblack.jpg

karikitchensilver.jpg

From these rough sketches, black really ... makes it very black if you're considering. :x

Stainless steel should be ok. If not, a piece of "waterproof mirror" if there is such a thing? :D

Edited by lawry

Oooh agree! in the toilet, wet environment, you must buy good quality stainless steel accessories.

Some of my Ikea SS, didn't even touch water, but also rust because of water vapour I think.

yeah lawry, I saw how "RUSTY" ur IKEA products became. So gross! :o

When 3yrs is reach i'll consider make over for the toilet, than will consider songcho accessories.

Other brand maybe cheaper, but quality wise.... haiz...

So when redo toilet will sure change to songcho may cost a bit more, but dun have future headache and even change new place also can bring over as no matter how long u use it still look almost like new.

Well I guess I can onli wait until my S/S accessories rust then change too. :P

Actuali I notice Song Cho oso sell glass shelf but too bad the glass is not fixed to to the clamps, so scared it will fall and break. But I guess they realli specialize in their metal items cos keep pushing me to buy their corner metal racks, saying it's easier to clean than glass. (I've decided to buy glass despite the danger lol)

i've had stainless steel covering the side... ur case, its more of consistency? one more side dark, wont make the place any darker i tink... :P

Hi, yeah I remember. Tat two weird color S/S backing right? Matt and glossy. So ur ID change tat yet? haha

as for the shower rack, we bought SS from royal fanco... till nw doesn rust... oredi used it for over 6 months liao...

well, you very hardworking lo. I think you wipe the rack dry after every bath izzit? I hope mine oso long lasting like urs cos I oso bought it from Royal Franco like you. :P

Kari, actually you can consider a piece of matt stainless steel on that white wall?

At least it goes with your sink and tap material, it doesn't look too off.

Edited: Better visualisation with a rough drawing at least.

Not the complete drawing, I tried drawing the sink and tap but failed. :x

From these rough sketches, black really ... makes it very black if you're considering. :x

Stainless steel should be ok. If not, a piece of "waterproof mirror" if there is such a thing? :D

Lawry, You are a GENIUS!

You really should take designing instead. Cos you seem so good at those graphic design software! haha

well, I guess can try to pyscho my contractor to give me another small balck glass and a matt S/S.

Anyway the kitchen already dark, so no diff by adding another small piece :P.

"Waterproof mirror"? Like those mirrors that are sutiable to be used in toilets? well black mirror oso may have the same problem of the edge not being able to hide nicely.

YES! I agree, one more small piece will make no difference lol At least it's consistent as you had said.

I din notice ur S/S sides carefully. So is the edge hidden nicely, in a way it won't cut by its sides?

err, of coz i not hardworking to wipe dry the rack la... but it didn't rust lor...

as to the backing, dono hw to describe... it doesn't end right at the edge of the wall but rather the end tip of the round corner... if u purposely run ur finger, u'll feel the edge of the SS but not to the extend of cutting finger... wonder if u understand wat i mean... hehe... :P

Lawry, You are a GENIUS!

You really should take designing instead. Cos you seem so good at those graphic design software! haha

well, I guess can try to pyscho my contractor to give me another small balck glass and a matt S/S.

Anyway the kitchen already dark, so no diff by adding another small piece :P.

"Waterproof mirror"? Like those mirrors that are sutiable to be used in toilets? well black mirror oso may have the same problem of the edge not being able to hide nicely.

YES! I agree, one more small piece will make no difference lol At least it's consistent as you had said.

I din notice ur S/S sides carefully. So is the edge hidden nicely, in a way it won't cut by its sides?

Haha, I took an unoffical course in design, but not really in practice.

Since I chanced upon your situation, and it takes less than 10 mins to edit one of my existing drawings then upload. Why not.

Glad to be of help. :)

Haha, I took an unoffical course in design, but not really in practice.

Since I chanced upon your situation, and it takes less than 10 mins to edit one of my existing drawings then upload. Why not.

Glad to be of help. :)

Ops Lawry, cant use ur design. Contractor said it'll cost me another $200. Told me not to waste my $.

But she insisted that the S/S strip will be bulging out at the edge. Tat one quite funny cos explorere's house one nicely done. :(

Anyway, dun spend the $ ba. Save for other stuff :)

My house almost gg to be officially handover.

Still a few outstanding issues yet to be settled.

BUt wanna share some nice things my contractor gave me

Tanglin Halt Main Door is w/o a door stopper and I'm too stupid to use a piece of paper like the carpenters to stop it from closing. Even buying those cheap door stopper oso cannot. (the gap btw the bottom of the door and the floor too small for the door stopper to be slotted in)

So my contractor took the iniative to buy tis dsc00971u.th.jpg (of course must remind him when he forgot to bring it over haha)

Still it's very thoughtful of them.

Although I oso have to remind them to bring 'guns' for me, it's FOC so I'm happy too haha dsc00910o.th.jpg Tis little thing quite power. When I close my door, it will close softly. Like anti-slam. :P