Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DNKY

My First House-3 Room Makeover

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Lights are super super niceee...How much did the lights costs you? How did you manage to get all the lights back? do they provide delivery service to you? Did the customs charge GST then?

I managed to keep to my budget of $1000, including the 6 downlights and the 2 kitchen lights I buy which are the only 2 light I buy in Singapore @ Chelsa.

I bring them over in the car. I dun think they will provide delivery service. Anyway, as crystals are very fragile, I prefer to bring them over myself too.

The circle tiles in the master toilet very retro. :)

Yar. At first, I actually wanted the whole house design to be of modern retro theme, which did not work out in the end. The initial choice of the toilet tiles is not avaiable. In the end,I chose to have this toilet tile as

I find this tile design unique.

I purchased all my lights from JB. Only paid 7% GST and we get some tax exemption altho we didnt stay more than 48 hours. Usually the shop will ask if you want to have separate receipt or not. Meaning one original receipt and one "price reduce" receipt for custom declare purposes. However, if you do calculation, 7% isn't that much even you use the original receipt because the price really much cheaper. Usually if you purchase from Malaysia, the total price will not be more than S$1k (S$1k already RM2.4). 1k X 7% also 70 only. :) Remember to buy more spare bulb cause it is cheaper and i suppose no expiry date bah? :P

Elo was reading tru...and saw that u have bought lights in JB...can pm or email me @ bubbli26@gmail.com on the address in JB that you bought the lights from....

Thanks alot..

Hi DKNY,

Your drawing from Weiken look great. My kitchen pipes are also at the same position as yours. My rubbish chute is next to the pipes near the window corner. Is yours there as well?

If you don't mind, may I know the length and width of your kitchen? Or share your floorplan with us.

We are also thinking of doing up a L-shape cabinet with the sink at the extended side. But we are wondering if its going to be to cramp at the sides.

Hi DKNY,

Your drawing from Weiken look great. My kitchen pipes are also at the same position as yours. My rubbish chute is next to the pipes near the window corner. Is yours there as well?

If you don't mind, may I know the length and width of your kitchen? Or share your floorplan with us.

We are also thinking of doing up a L-shape cabinet with the sink at the extended side. But we are wondering if its going to be to cramp at the sides.

Yup. My rubbish chute is next to the pipes.

After doing up the sink, I still have 90 cm of walk space.

The sink side, which extend all the way touching the wall is 188 cm.

Hope it helps.

Elo was reading tru...and saw that u have bought lights in JB...can pm or email me @ bubbli26@gmail.com on the address in JB that you bought the lights from....

Thanks alot..

PM you already :yamseng:

Just an update on the renovations of my house:-

Brought all the tiolet bowls, sink, mixer taps and storage water heater--Total damage about 2100 plus.

All these delievered and installed already.

Kitchen cabinets up, but not the granite work, will arrived next week.

Still got one feature wall panel, shoe cabinet cum TV console and mirror panel not put up yet.

Hopefully can aim to finished by mid march. Will put up more pics when the things are more firm up :yamseng:

Your place looks like my previous unit.

I'm surprised Weiken gives 3D computerised drawings, I didn't get any during my time, your ID's Justin Ong? (I hear of his name in this forum, under recommended, together with Lisa)

Can't wait to see the transformation. But do keep an close watch on the carpentry workmanship, mine was a total wreak. I hope it's not the same batch of carpenters that you will be getting.

Your lights are so nice!

Edited by lawry

Your place looks like my previous unit.

I'm surprised Weiken gives 3D computerised drawings, I didn't get any during my time, your ID's Justin Ong? (I hear of his name in this forum, under recommended, together with Lisa)

Can't wait to see the transformation. But do keep an close watch on the carpentry workmanship, mine was a total wreak. I hope it's not the same batch of carpenters that you will be getting.

Your lights are so nice!

My ID is Justin , correct.

Yup, Weiken gives 3D drawings, I made a lot of changes before finalising on this design.

Overall, the experience so far is ok.

I agreeded that there is a problem with the carpentry work..my hubby is not too pleased about it. Like the pull out drawers is very difficult to pull out. It could be due to the track alignment issue. Workmenship...not too good.Will be talking to ID soon to see if some problems can be rectified. Cos ID always says it's like that one...

Plus most of the cabinets are up already, I really dunno if it is still possible to make changes.

What are you gals and gals experience???

Whoa.. buy from where...

I buy those toilets bowls, basin, mixer taps from Genova. They having some package deals..which I feel its pretty good.

I did went to the shop you went in Sim Ave. THe Sale guy is very good, but price on the higher side.

HUHHHH lol so I buy more expensive?? nvm nvm.. must tell myself buy liao cannot compare. otherwise more heartache. :P

Good for you!! hope to see more work up!

HUHHHH lol so I buy more expensive?? nvm nvm.. must tell myself buy liao cannot compare. otherwise more heartache. :P

Good for you!! hope to see more work up!

Actually, I should not said it is more expensive. I guess genova package suits my needs better. This is because I required a very very small basin, a toilet bowl and a mixer tap. For that shop, they only have one small basin range, and the package does not come with a mixer tap, which I then I have to top up.

But I really am very impressed by the Sales guy. I think his name is Sunny. Although we went in like 9 pm plus, he served us till 10 pm. He even "unplug" those shower heads and plucked it into his own shop water point to demonstrate to us the difference of each type of shower head.

I agreeded with you...buy already dun compare too much. That's why sometimes I very frustrated with my hubby. Everytime we made a major purchase, he will always try to find some evidence or proof that we brought it at a higher price and nag about it...sigh...

Actually, I should not said it is more expensive. I guess genova package suits my needs better. This is because I required a very very small basin, a toilet bowl and a mixer tap. For that shop, they only have one small basin range, and the package does not come with a mixer tap, which I then I have to top up.

But I really am very impressed by the Sales guy. I think his name is Sunny. Although we went in like 9 pm plus, he served us till 10 pm. He even "unplug" those shower heads and plucked it into his own shop water point to demonstrate to us the difference of each type of shower head.

I agreeded with you...buy already dun compare too much. That's why sometimes I very frustrated with my hubby. Everytime we made a major purchase, he will always try to find some evidence or proof that we brought it at a higher price and nag about it...sigh...

Ahhh got it. Ya! That Sunny also did the same for my dad! He moved the sinks around, put the taps on one by one for us to see. And my dad tried 7-8 taps and some of them he even re-tried. *faints* I was SOOOO embarrassed. But he's really really good.

YESSS my dad does the same thing! Maybe it's something men are more likely to do. After we bought our lights and things I would DRAGG my dad away from all those shops when he suggested going in to see. ANDDD 2 months after we buy our tv, he saw a promotion in the newspapers and still insisted we bought it expensive!!

hi, DNKY, after doing the L shape sink area...how much walk space to the toilet entrance, any prob with hanging out the clothes to outside? area enuff for walking thru?

hi, DNKY, after doing the L shape sink area...how much walk space to the toilet entrance, any prob with hanging out the clothes to outside? area enuff for walking thru?

Hi.Like I stated in my previous post, there is still 90 cm of walk space. There is also sufficient space to hang clothes. That is even after the make space for the washing machine base. I had even get the ID to do up extra base for me to put up the dryer.