Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
awijaya.lrusli

Newbie In Singapore - Seeking For Helps

Dear all,

As newbie in Singapore and 1st home buyers, I need to seek helps from all of you. I need to do the following jobs at the new home (3NG Clementi):

1. Demolition on the kitchen wall (between kitchen and living room), then build a new wall 1.5m behind the old one, so the living room become larger.

2. Build the storage walls and install doors, as the current owner hacked the walls.

3. Plaster the wall then paint

4. Minor electrical works (changing the capacity to accomodate System 3 aircon, installing some lighting points and electrical points)

5. Changing the windows for living room, bedroom 2, and kitchen windows to sliding

6. Install hot waters and showers in bathrooms

7. Replace old type doors for bedrooms with newer version

That's all about it, which I can think of..

My question is: Do I have to engage ID service? Or contractor services? As I do not need any special design in particular.

Any recomended party to do the work? I will have my key mid March09.

Thanks a lot to you guys...

regards

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, welcome to reno forum :)

Your planned work is rather straight forward, unless you have any house theme in mind ie. modern style;bali style, engage a contractor should be able to do the job.

I suggest you look thru some of the reno work done in 3-room flats in our T-Blog... and if you feel that the contractors they engaged are reliable enough, ring them up for a discussion.

While looking thru their blogs, you might even copy their ideas of doing the hse... this is the same as we buying hse reno magazine to read & copy ideas :notti:

Dear all,

As newbie in Singapore and 1st home buyers, I need to seek helps from all of you. I need to do the following jobs at the new home (3NG Clementi):

1. Demolition on the kitchen wall (between kitchen and living room), then build a new wall 1.5m behind the old one, so the living room become larger.

2. Build the storage walls and install doors, as the current owner hacked the walls.

3. Plaster the wall then paint

4. Minor electrical works (changing the capacity to accomodate System 3 aircon, installing some lighting points and electrical points)

5. Changing the windows for living room, bedroom 2, and kitchen windows to sliding

6. Install hot waters and showers in bathrooms

7. Replace old type doors for bedrooms with newer version

That's all about it, which I can think of..

My question is: Do I have to engage ID service? Or contractor services? As I do not need any special design in particular.

Any recomended party to do the work? I will have my key mid March09.

Thanks a lot to you guys...

regards

Hi hi...

Maybe you can contact kelvin (9225 6464) from Nu Space Design.

He's very patient, reliable and responsive. He will try to solve whatever problem you have & also advise you what should do & what should not.

We really have a no worries & any headache during my house renovation in June 08. He'll supervised & overlook the renovation process and make sure our house is ready and handover to us on time.

Just to share only...

Hope you can get a good quote & excellent design from him.

Happy seaching....

Cheers. :)

Hi hi...

Maybe you can contact kelvin (9225 6464) from Nu Space Design.

He's very patient, reliable and responsive. He will try to solve whatever problem you have & also advise you what should do & what should not.

We really have a no worries & any headache during my house renovation in June 08. He'll supervised & overlook the renovation process and make sure our house is ready and handover to us on time.

Just to share only...

Hope you can get a good quote & excellent design from him.

Happy seaching....

Cheers. :)

You dont need an ID firm just engage a contractor but installing windows is cheaper to get direct as ID Firm or contractor all charge u a high price. Painting works can also engage direct also cheaper. the rest of the works can engage one contractor to do it for you. it will help you to save a lot.

You dont need an ID firm just engage a contractor but installing windows is cheaper to get direct as ID Firm or contractor all charge u a high price. Painting works can also engage direct also cheaper. the rest of the works can engage one contractor to do it for you. it will help you to save a lot.

Just a note on engaging separate window/door guys to do for u rather than from ur contractor. U have to be careful on coordinating the work done by both parties as they do not have the interest to save trouble for the other party. My hopper guy and window/door guy complained that my contractor did not pave the way for them. i don't blame my contractor cos it may be real oversight on his part, and he is not paid to do the extra to make it easier for my sub-cons. But i believe if i had asked him to do extra (such as the slope for rubbish to drop smoothly, rather than the hopper guy doing it), he wld have done it with no complaints.

A word of caution: there r many window grille companies waiting for carrots to chop out there. :furious: Be v careful!

Btw, my con is Ho Bee. :good:

yup i would agree the reno you want is really quite straight-forward.

and if you're just doing these, a contractor should be able to cover everything since it's mostly "items" that you require and not concept.

though since you've decided to reno, might as well do nice nice and get some designs. :)

Dear all,

thanks for the suggestion. Upon looking at U-HOME design firm at IMM, we are quite liking their design style.

We would like to get the feature wall for the TV cabinets from them.

Any feedback on U-Home in terms of reliability? Or should I just take the design to a contractor and tell the contractor to make it?

So far still searching for the reliable firm/ contractor to help.

Thanks

Dear all,

thanks for the suggestion. Upon looking at U-HOME design firm at IMM, we are quite liking their design style.

We would like to get the feature wall for the TV cabinets from them.

Any feedback on U-Home in terms of reliability? Or should I just take the design to a contractor and tell the contractor to make it?

So far still searching for the reliable firm/ contractor to help.

Thanks

Good that you are looking beyond.

Never stop at one. Scout around, have a good feel of the industry.

See what others are offering in terms of design and pricing before you make a decision.

Yap.. you can PM me as my friend is an ID. Getting another offer for consideration is always a yes. :D

I think must b an ID your ownself ba...trying to hook business in this thread n tats is no good. Almost saw u promoting in every thread 8| tats is not da right way man....

I think must b an ID your ownself ba...trying to hook business in this thread n tats is no good. Almost saw u promoting in every thread 8| tats is not da right way man....

I think you're mistaken.. I'm not an ID. I'm just trying to offer the fellow members some help. If my passage is like as if i'm ID, den i'm sorry.. :(

Guest poetsdesign

Search and search the Interior design Company first and choose the best one