Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marvin

Bad Attitude Agents

Yar, I oso think these bad agents, if they come up with those silly tales, they will not bother to give u a rejection notice etc. Best is to write to the owner! Tell them your offer and ask them to call u if they are interested. In that way, they may really know the true colours of their agent!

Not sure if this is ethical for the buyer to do so? Also, will it breach any rules or policies and will get the potential buyer into trouble? If no, then it should be a great idea..just slot your info + offer into their letterbox haha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Not sure if this is ethical for the buyer to do so? Also, will it breach any rules or policies and will get the potential buyer into trouble? If no, then it should be a great idea..just slot your info + offer into their letterbox haha

I agree with stagger. By-passing the sellers' agent after viewing the property that he/she has just shown to the buyer doesn't seem right... If the seller happens to be a family member or friend of the agent and the buyers' attempt to contact the owner directly is exposed, then the situation can be quite awkward. The deal may be jeopardised also.

If buyers are already gonna pay 1% comm to their representing agent, then they might as well get them to negotiate the deal and handle the situation. That is provided this agent is also the capable, ethical and professional type. The more experienced agent who represent you, the buyer, should have some tactics to counter such rouge agents. Will check with my property agent friends and see what they have to say about this situation and share in this thread.

As for the sellers, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Selling your property involves BIG $, so scrutinise and choose the right agent.

I agree with stagger. By-passing the sellers' agent after viewing the property that he/she has just shown to the buyer doesn't seem right... If the seller happens to be a family member or friend of the agent and the buyers' attempt to contact the owner directly is exposed, then the situation can be quite awkward. The deal may be jeopardised also.

If buyers are already gonna pay 1% comm to their representing agent, then they might as well get them to negotiate the deal and handle the situation. That is provided this agent is also the capable, ethical and professional type. The more experienced agent who represent you, the buyer, should have some tactics to counter such rouge agents. Will check with my property agent friends and see what they have to say about this situation and share in this thread.

As for the sellers, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Selling your property involves BIG $, so scrutinise and choose the right agent.

Oh Sorry, I think all along I forgot to add, I am not represented by any agent when buying. One more thing, I think that agent is silly enough......it is simply so difficult to get direct buyers....to earn 2 sides comm.......but they simply dun treasure it...The scenario is talking about is to counter the seller's agent when you are purchasing without an agent.

Another thing, if you are adopting the strategy, like what was mentioned, the relationship can get soured. So, if you are so keen on the property, better dun do it. I use that when I can afford to miss that property.

bad agents are a bad breed. ask ur real life friends for recommendtions :)

ya, bad agents are a bad breed, spoil reputation. Lucky my friend recommended me a good agent.

He is good man, really worth the trust. He help you settlement before you asked.

Anyone need a good highly recommended agent, can PM me. I can share his contact to you.

A Bad Real Estate Agent Can Cost You Money.

Not telling you about every possible home suitable for you when home shopping.

Don't you want to know that if you are considering a possible home purchase that there may be a better, comparably priced home two blocks away? If you are not using a Buyer's Agent, who must tell you about that other property, you will have to do your own "validation". Seller's agents work to promote their own listings, their company listings, and, if they don't have any fiduciary obligations to you, they may even select a home that has a higher fee for them in the transaction.

Encountered an bad ERA agent with his partner when I'm looking for a unit too.

I'm not sure if they're not interested in dealing with us cos we're represented by our own agent.

Anyway, here is the thing, we were told by our agent that there's a unit available for viewing and thus our agent fixed the appointment for us at 8 pm.

On the actual day, we arrived at 8 and our agent tried to call the agent to inform him that we have arrived.

1st call no answer

2nd call told us that he is on his way

15 min passed.....

3rd call no answer

4th call telling us his partner has reached

30 mins passed

5th call no answer again

By now, after waiting for more than 30 mins at the void deck looking like a fool, I've decided not to wait for them anymore. Thus we decided to leave.

Few mins after we left, my agent called to tell us that they called him back and gave him the bull**** that his partner has been waiting for us downstairs for more than 15 min which is bull**** as we can see that we're the only ones downstairs.

Seriously if they're not interested to deal with us cos we have our own agent then fine but why bother to lie to us ?

Anyway below is the unprofessional agent's details

ERA Agent

Name: Adrian Hui

H/P: 94521353

Name: Wendy Hui

H/P: 94521351

http://www.adrianhui.com/

Oh btw, wrote an email to his so called "boss", Stanley Kwek since couple of months back, till now never heard from them since. This is how professional they are and yet ERA claim they're 1st in service...hahahaha

Bought flat and agent from ERA got this 1 years warranty is B U L L S H I T. Sending you don't know what $2OOO deposit also B U L L S H I T..

I am very angry cos I got this kind of flat the COV $2K for lousy flat. Price above $210K for 3room flat at Batok.

This is good in theory, and mind you, I agree completely with your thinking, but this is very hard and often impossible to accomplish in reality. In the process of purchasing a flat, I've tried to get stuff like this done, but it is all verbal until you sign the dotted line on the OTP, no one is willing to commit anything in writing.

So if you really like the property after viewing, worked out your sums and made an offer, and incidents like the above happens, and your representing agent does not propose a solution, what should you do?

My suggestion: Take out your cheque, issue one with an offer money that you are comfortable with, tell the the sellers' agent how much you are offering for the property and ask him/her to prepare the offer documents. If he/she rejects your offer claiming that your offer is lower than his/her previous highest offer, tell him/her that he/she is the sellers' rep, not the seller, so he/she should not verbally reject the offer on behalf of the seller. If he/she tells you that the seller rejects your offer after walking away, supposedly on the phone with the seller, tell him/her to come back with the rejected offer-to-purchase documents, duly signed and rejected by the sellers/owners. By doing so you are assured that your offer actually reaches the sellers and not jammed at the sellers' agent.

Just to share...

Please do not engage this agent to sell your house.

KELV WU

9003 8567

HSR

I was a direct buyer at that time when I called him up to request to view his units listed at Propertyguru.com.sg. He asked me if I got 30K COV to fork out on the phone. After I replied I was willing to fork out 20K COV, he hang the phone. Then I called him back but he refused to answer my phone calls.

If the unit really catches any buyer's fancy, I bet he/she will probably be willing to pay more than his/her initial budget. He was dropping potential buyers too quickly. I wouldn't want to hire such an agent to sell my unit in future.

I managed to get another agent to show me the units in the area which I was interested in. Half of the 4-room units in that area actually asked for 20K COV. In the end, I managed to buy a unit at 20K COV.

Edited by forgotten

Just to share...

Please do not engage this agent to sell your house.

KELV WU

9003 8567

HSR

I was a direct buyer at that time when I called him up to request to view his units listed at Propertyguru.com.sg. He asked me if I got 30K COV to fork out on the phone. After I replied I was willing to fork out 20K COV, he hang the phone. Then I called him back but he refused to answer my phone calls.

If the unit really catches any buyer's fancy, I bet he/she will probably be willing to pay more than his/her initial budget. He was dropping potential buyers too quickly. I wouldn't want to hire such an agent to sell my unit in future.

I managed to get another agent to show me the units in the area which I was interested in. Half of the 4-room units in that area actually asked for 20K COV. In the end, I managed to buy a unit at 20K COV.

i dont get it, you can offer 20k as cov is very very good already. and if this agent playing games with u, there is really no point to continue to deal with him because u will know that in the future, there will be more problems.

i also understd that u r facing another prblem in another thread, which is ur purchased flat is still on the market for sale.

seriously, only when we can weed out all agents, then we can have a peace of mind. so what we pay good commission $, we get lousy standards n bad services.

i dont get it, you can offer 20k as cov is very very good already. and if this agent playing games with u, there is really no point to continue to deal with him because u will know that in the future, there will be more problems.

Haha it doesn't bother me cos there are still many other agents who I can engage. I agree with you that it's no point dealing with him cos he may cause me headaches in future. I posted his name here, as I hope to warn sellers against him due to his way of handling buyers.

i also understd that u r facing another prblem in another thread, which is ur purchased flat is still on the market for sale.

Nope, that's not my case. :P

seriously, only when we can weed out all agents, then we can have a peace of mind. so what we pay good commission $, we get lousy standards n bad services.

Anyone can be an agent. An ex-murderer out from jail can be an agent too. As long as the agent can clock high sales and earn $$ for company every month, his/her boss won't bother how he/she handles the clients lor.

I'm quite lucky in the sense that the agent, who is representing me now, is knowledgeable and gives good service so far.

Edited by forgotten

Take it from me.

Out of a hundred agent, that I have come across, 95 don't quite make it in the ethtic department let alone being tactful and be upfront open and honest.

But the most surprising thing is, even when I am not an agent, I get alot of ppl, I had come across in the property line, approaching me for housing advice and asking me whether I have come across availiable units for rent and sale.

The most important aspect of being an agent is honesty, tactfulness and able to work on a win-win suituation whenever possible. A little kindness and helpfulness here and there helps too.

It is easier if an agent starts with a mindset that money really isn't that important.

So from the looks of it, the impression was made when a person one is dealing with or had dealt with, left a good impression on whoever the person had come across.

As they say, good reputation takes years to build and even more years to maintain and improve upon it and all it takes is just one or two lousy incident to tarnish all of it.

Take it from me.

Out of a hundred agent, that I have come across, 95 don't quite make it in the ethtic department let alone being tactful and be upfront open and honest.

But the most surprising thing is, even when I am not an agent, I get alot of ppl, I had come across in the property line, approaching me for housing advice and asking me whether I have come across availiable units for rent and sale.

The most important aspect of being an agent is honesty, tactfulness and able to work on a win-win suituation whenever possible. A little kindness and helpfulness here and there helps too.

It is easier if an agent starts with a mindset that money really isn't that important.

So from the looks of it, the impression was made when a person one is dealing with or had dealt with, left a good impression on whoever the person had come across.

As they say, good reputation takes years to build and even more years to maintain and improve upon it and all it takes is just one or two lousy incident to tarnish all of it.

I just dont have the trust in these people anymore.

i go to high court also wont get compensated for my loss.

think i just i blame on my bad luck.

or i hope for the best.