Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Which Hood / Hob / Oven?

I am a first time user here - wow, so impressed with theis forum with so much information.

I am renovating my kitchen and changing all appliances at the same time.

Which hood / hob / oven brands do you personally like? I love cooking (frying fish, stir-fry, steaming) so am looking for reliability, after-sales services and easy-to-clean maintenance:

(1) HOOD : Fujioh is the best? 900FX vs 800MK2; is the latter worth the $$? Comments on chimney vs slim type for heavy-duty users like myself? Any comments on the bulkiness ie hitting head on hood? the tallest member of my family is 170cm.

(2) STAINLESS STEEL HOB: Looking for 3 burner type, largest burner on one side, two burners on same other side. Shops recommend TECHNO (really made in Italy??), CUIRIZO (made in China?) and EF (made in Italy or Malaysia?). Which has good big flame? Electric ignition better?

(3) OVEN: again which brand (I love baking)? Is it true that some ovens do NOT come from fan?

My current SIEMENS appliances are excellent but the distributor has seen stopped bringing them into Singapore. Anywhere still selling Siemens?

Many thanks for your input and would appreciate any advice you have.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I am a first time user here - wow, so impressed with theis forum with so much information.

I am renovating my kitchen and changing all appliances at the same time.

Which hood / hob / oven brands do you personally like? I love cooking (frying fish, stir-fry, steaming) so am looking for reliability, after-sales services and easy-to-clean maintenance:

(1) HOOD : Fujioh is the best? 900FX vs 800MK2; is the latter worth the $$? Comments on chimney vs slim type for heavy-duty users like myself? Any comments on the bulkiness ie hitting head on hood? the tallest member of my family is 170cm.

(2) STAINLESS STEEL HOB: Looking for 3 burner type, largest burner on one side, two burners on same other side. Shops recommend TECHNO (really made in Italy??), CUIRIZO (made in China?) and EF (made in Italy or Malaysia?). Which has good big flame? Electric ignition better?

(3) OVEN: again which brand (I love baking)? Is it true that some ovens do NOT come from fan?

My current SIEMENS appliances are excellent but the distributor has seen stopped bringing them into Singapore. Anywhere still selling Siemens?

Many thanks for your input and would appreciate any advice you have.

hi im not sure if u b interested in aerogaz....but my contractor got quite a good deal from Gain City AMK. its glass top Hob and stainless steel hood for only 399....its battery operated, safety valve. only thing is i cant rem the model, need to go back n check.

if u heavy user, suggest u take chimney. most slim cant make it. i tried out the biggest fan speed for slim stil not much effect it seems to me. there is a air volume specification tat you can compare when talking "power" of hoods.

hello there. personally i know for a fact about tecno range. they have 3 ranges - tecno gas and tecno are made in italy while uno, the lower range is made in singapore. they've been ard for ages for i guess u cant really go wrong.

the other one i heard of that has been in singapore for donkey years is rinnai. some said made in indo, some said its a jap brand. i always thought they were indo brand but i guess fact is designed in jap, made in indo. :)

as for oven, i am doing researching as well. same for the hood. dunno if buying all 3 from a single brand helps to secure a nice package price. :P

the other one i heard of that has been in singapore for donkey years is rinnai. some said made in indo, some said its a jap brand. i always thought they were indo brand but i guess fact is designed in jap, made in indo. :)

only one or two of its models made in Japan.

I'm at a loss also about what to choose for my kitchen appliances. I'm looking at Mayer (ariston or indesit) , rinnai and aerogaz cos most prob my new apt can only use those 60cm hobs. :( I'm a sucker for design plus I don't cook that much, maybe some instant noodles occasionally. So which brand is value for money and don't look too ugly? And does the prices at their official showroom differs from those authorised seller? Sorrie for asking such a stoopid question. :) If only can strike toto today.....then can use Miele kitchen. Haizzz

I got myself RB 38VSV & RH 382, 3 burner Schott tempered class burner with hood from Rinnai at Goh Ah Bee at $640 nett price with free delivery but not installation as my contractor installed it for me. You can check the specs at www.rinnai.com.sg. So far I am satisfied with the performance as me and my wife cooks. On average maybe we cook like 4 days in a week.

The one I bought comes with the safety valve feature. Customer service for Rinnai is good as well. The support staffs are quite knowledgable in their products.

Hi,

Maybe you can try Hupfarri Bathroom at Changi Road (near Eunos MRT), they have real function display for Hob n hood that u can try. If I am not wrong they have Rinnai brand there too.

Hi,

Maybe you can try Hupfarri Bathroom at Changi Road (near Eunos MRT), they have real function display for Hob n hood that u can try. If I am not wrong they have Rinnai brand there too.

May I ask what other brands do they carry beside Rinnai? Yesterday I went to Centerpoint 5th floor, there's this shop selling all the high end kitchen applicances. From De Dietrich, miele to Bosch. I nearly fainted on seeing the price.

You can try going to Sim Siang Choon just to see the various range they have. Then identify what you like and then hunt down for the best bargain you can find islandwide.

went to that brand TEKA at UE square last sunday for their promotion sale, end up no one wanted entertain us, service sux :angry: .....I think rinnai is a good brand with good service as well, going to get one set soon, anyone got lobang where got good deal for rinnai?

Edited by ericlim

went to that brand TEKA at UE square last sunday for their promotion sale, end up no one wanted entertain us, service sux :angry: .....I think rinnai is a good brand with good service as well, going to get one set soon, anyone got lobang where got good deal for rinnai?

u can get from those neighbourhood electrical shops like Goh Ah Bee in Hougang. I bought 1st set from Goh Ah Bee. This is my 2nd set which I bought from Kleen at Jln Besar opposite the Stadium.

u can get from those neighbourhood electrical shops like Goh Ah Bee in Hougang. I bought 1st set from Goh Ah Bee. This is my 2nd set which I bought from Kleen at Jln Besar opposite the Stadium.

errr, can i just check with you, normally how much % discout can u get from those neighbourhood shop as compare to the price list on their flyer, can PM me if u don't want to publish here, hehe :rolleyes:

errr, can i just check with you, normally how much % discout can u get from those neighbourhood shop as compare to the price list on their flyer, can PM me if u don't want to publish here, hehe :rolleyes:

errrr.... i think Goh Ah Bee gave a 6 or 7% discount...not too sure about it. U can call up to check their prices, just tell them the make and model. I think discount for the promo package is more attractive than just getting the hood or hob alone.

btw, which make or model are u getting?