Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sillyme

Portable Air Conditioner

Anyone tried Splendid Portable Air-con? The only portable aircon with external compressor, running on normal 3-pin plug. Made in Italy. 15K BTU. Price tag is $3k. =)

I'm dreaming to have one.

Hi,

I'm dreaming of having the splendid portable aircon clima 16 too, 2,9k...saw that in IMM. spoke to the salesperson and she said can save half on electricity bills as compared to aircon, wonder if it's true. Any idea?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I'm dreaming of having the splendid portable aircon clima 16 too, 2,9k...saw that in IMM. spoke to the salesperson and she said can save half on electricity bills as compared to aircon, wonder if it's true. Any idea?

Once we talk abt air-con, there's nvr a savings in electricity. Likewise inverter vs non-inverter, who can prove the savings? All these are sales talk and marketing strategies.

Single unit like splendid consume 5.5A for 15K BTU VS Panasonic System2 non-inverter, 18K BTU @ 6.6A, isn't it the same?

Once we talk abt air-con, there's nvr a savings in electricity. Likewise inverter vs non-inverter, who can prove the savings? All these are sales talk and marketing strategies.

Single unit like splendid consume 5.5A for 15K BTU VS Panasonic System2 non-inverter, 18K BTU @ 6.6A, isn't it the same?

http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

NEA did the tests with the Mandatory Energy Labelling Scheme.

Hello all.

Just want to find out if anyone uses portable air conditioner? Is it good enough to cool a living room?

I just bought 1 second hand unit 2 weeks ago from the splendid distributor (balestier branch). They refurbished the set and gave me 1.5 yr warranty for the compressor and 1 yr warranty for the parts. It really cooled down my own living and dining area very quickly, which is great! but i realise that i do not want to put it permanently in my living room because i prefer a more spacious place. So i will just keep it for my house warming and probably cny, for the time being before i get my single unit aircon done up. Anyone interested to buy it over after that? pls PM me.

Seriously... tink its better to invest in a good aircon unit cos you may only be wasting your money if otherwise. Since its a long term investment, invest in good ones such as Daikin Inverter unit.

Seriously... tink its better to invest in a good aircon unit cos you may only be wasting your money if otherwise. Since its a long term investment, invest in good ones such as Daikin Inverter unit.

yes it's just that it's hard for me to hide the pipes without doing up extra cabinates,which now, i probably have to. I guess people who go for portable units has certain constraints, either because of piping issues or compressor overloading issue.

may i know monthly pub for portable air conditioner. most postable air condition not energy saving 0 tick. why not consider system 1 air conditioner.

Portable aircons or inbuilt aircons do serve its purpose. No need to do complicated wiring etc.

Check out the portable aircons at http://www.homegeeks.com.sg/product-category/fans/air-coolers/
There's a pretty decent range to suit most budgets.
New models are constantly added, so check back often.

Like us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/homegeeks/