Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mister_molly

Lightcraft@jalan Sultan

Hi hi to all!!!

Has anyone bought lights from lightcraft at jln sultan? Their prices seem lower than those from Balestier & Jln Berseh, but spoke to one of the sales guy (non-local), his max discount is 10%, including GST.... Seems a little little huh?

An example of their prices is Light A from Jln Berseh shop A price $208, but discount to $160. Shop B $208, discount to $155. Lightcraft selling same light for $56(!), but only 1 colour. Hmmm... :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am not particularly impressed with them. Most of their staff are foreigners it seems and not exactly pro-active. Price range is middle range and service level is slightly below middle range...to me lah. Not exactly the cheapest in town. But I must give them a 'thumbs up' for varierty due to their large showroom.

Edited by ilmare612

I am not particularly impressed with them. Most of their staff are foreigners it seems and not exactly pro-active. Price range is middle range and service level is slightly below middle range...to me lah. Not exactly the cheapest in town. But I must give them a 'thumbs up' for varierty due to their large showroom.

"gasp!" There are cheaper places?!? Please please advice!!!! :dribble:

But I do like that they leave me & hubby alone to flicker all the lights, no trailing etc etc...

There are pros and cons. A couple of times when we were upstairs, no one attended to us. This is despite the fact that we have picked up the 'internal' phone to intercom.

There are always cheaper alternatives, depending on what you are looking for. Best is to cruise a couple of shops to make a final decision. If it's not a signature light piece, you may take the advice of some forummers here to shop at Kelantan or your neighbourhood shop. There are some decent ones at Jurong in fact. Have fun in the process. Lights shopping was one of the most painful process for us. hahaha

I bought my dining light from Light Craft. I think it's a decent place to buy your lights. I would have bought more from there if I hadn't bought most of mine from Vlux (Geylang). The service staff are not very attentive but I like to be left alone to choose and decide. Been to several shops at Balestier and didn't like the aggressive hard selling methods with the *massive* discount. The prices at Light Craft are decent and value for money too. I was able to find a few unique pieces that weren't available at the other 10 shops I was at before. Not a big fan of the 2 shops at Lake Side/Jurong though... (P** T*** and Ch***** L******), even though forummers here all rave about these 2 shops. Don't think the pieces are interesting or unique...

Choosing lighting is very personal too, you have to take the time to see the shops to see if you like the selection =P Oh and I didn't have any probs with delivery for Light Craft, just FYI :)

Edited by flyingballoons

I bought my dining light from Light Craft. I think it's a decent place to buy your lights. I would have bought more from there if I hadn't bought most of mine from Vlux (Geylang). The service staff are not very attentive but I like to be left alone to choose and decide. Been to several shops at Balestier and didn't like the aggressive hard selling methods with the *massive* discount. The prices at Light Craft are decent and value for money too. I was able to find a few unique pieces that weren't available at the other 10 shops I was at before. Not a big fan of the 2 shops at Lake Side/Jurong though... (P** T*** and Ch***** L******), even though forummers here all rave about these 2 shops. Don't think the pieces are interesting or unique...

Choosing lighting is very personal too, you have to take the time to see the shops to see if you like the selection =P Oh and I didn't have any probs with delivery for Light Craft, just FYI :)

Whee!! Thanks for the replies!

The search continues.... :)

There are pros and cons. A couple of times when we were upstairs, no one attended to us. This is despite the fact that we have picked up the 'internal' phone to intercom.

There are always cheaper alternatives, depending on what you are looking for. Best is to cruise a couple of shops to make a final decision. If it's not a signature light piece, you may take the advice of some forummers here to shop at Kelantan or your neighbourhood shop. There are some decent ones at Jurong in fact. Have fun in the process. Lights shopping was one of the most painful process for us. hahaha

hehe, like the fact that the hubby & me were free to roam!! Sigh, it IS very tiring searching for lights....especially since we bought 2 ceiling fans for the design and NOT the function!!! Now got to search for lights to place around the fans coz the fans do not come with light thingy...

hahaha...there's still a long way to go. I was pretty enthusiastic at the beginning but it got very scary towards the end. Especially when there were an over dosed of lights shopping for us. I cannot imagine myself walking down Jalan Besar or Balestier again. Well, not for a very long time at least.

Some how it got very torturing when you see something that you like but know for sure it’s a big blow to your wallet. One of the shops we prefer in designs (except Kartell) is Lightology but their pricing can be a bit over whelming.

Flyingballoons is right about the two shops at Jurong/Lake Side, we too could not find a light we could best identify with. Well, it really depends on how particular you are. The best lessons we learnt from these light hunting is probably a PLC down-light can cost from approximately $18 to even $80. Tell me about it…not fun wor.

hahaha...there's still a long way to go. I was pretty enthusiastic at the beginning but it got very scary towards the end. Especially when there were an over dosed of lights shopping for us. I cannot imagine myself walking down Jalan Besar or Balestier again. Well, not for a very long time at least.

Some how it got very torturing when you see something that you like but know for sure it’s a big blow to your wallet. One of the shops we prefer in designs (except Kartell) is Lightology but their pricing can be a bit over whelming.

Flyingballoons is right about the two shops at Jurong/Lake Side, we too could not find a light we could best identify with. Well, it really depends on how particular you are. The best lessons we learnt from these light hunting is probably a PLC down-light can cost from approximately $18 to even $80. Tell me about it…not fun wor.

Not easy looking up and almost turning upsidedown shop after shop hor..get headachy after a while. Sometimes all I see are blobs of bulbs...everything else is a blur

Thanks to you & Flyingballoons for the infos! :sport-smiley-018: .....

Edited by mister_molly

Good place to check out but not necessarily the cheap buys there. Service is only average from our three visits there :)

wah three visits ah..hehe.. I thot that plc is the cheapest I've found... Cld you let me in where the cheap buys are? Flyingballons and ilmare612 have mention two plcs in jurong liao. Thanx Starscream! :D

went there to shop for lights today, the downlights are cheap, but quality so-so...mostly made in china.

At first i also thought, maybe just get the cheap ones, but after seeing a demo at another lighting shop, i think maybe i shouldn't go for low quality lights, coz it might be a fire hazzard if the lights get heated up...just my opinion lah. now need to search where to find downlights with electronic ballast...with EEI-A2 rating kind...any1 knows of any shop that sell this type of downlights? Thanks.

I accidentally walked past LightCraft the other day, immediately regretted my "run of the mill" purchases back home from Pantech. Don't get me wrong, those I got from Pantech were nice, the couple at Pantech is very nice as well. But what they are selling is nothing unique or special, you can find the same lamps everywhere.

I walked into LightCraft because I saw the Artichoke replica hanging near the entrance.

poul_henningsen_ph_artichoke_lamp_pnq.jp

Most of their lamps are quite unusual, and the designs are not readily found in other shops (correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't really shop around thoroughly apart from Pantech, some generic shops at Jalan Besar, Balestier and IKEA.)

I'm looking for a nicer dining lamps to replace my IKEAs also, are there any more such shops with unique designs apart from Lightcraft? Let me know please.

I accidentally walked past LightCraft the other day, immediately regretted my "run of the mill" purchases back home from Pantech. Don't get me wrong, those I got from Pantech were nice, the couple at Pantech is very nice as well. But what they are selling is nothing unique or special, you can find the same lamps everywhere.

I walked into LightCraft because I saw the Artichoke replica hanging near the entrance.

poul_henningsen_ph_artichoke_lamp_pnq.jp

Most of their lamps are quite unusual, and the designs are not readily found in other shops (correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't really shop around thoroughly apart from Pantech, some generic shops at Jalan Besar, Balestier and IKEA.)

I'm looking for a nicer dining lamps to replace my IKEAs also, are there any more such shops with unique designs apart from Lightcraft? Let me know please.

nice! Any idea how much is it?

Have been to Lightcraft over the weekend after seeing good recommendations here.. but overall comments:

1) wasnt looking for signature light pieces, but felt the range was pretty run of the mill.

2) Price was rather pricey compared to some of the balestier shops we went to. For instance, a normal downlight cost 50+ even after bargaining (China sales girl said fixed price). Can get similar look and quality in elsewhere at $25 which was what i eventually paid for elsewhere.

3) Lousy inventory management. Spent almost 2 hours plus choosing my hse lights. then upon paying, they tell me NO STOCK!! one weekend afternoon gone... pissed.

Shopped for lightings over two months with wife...from Geylang, Balestier, Jln Berseh, Rochor, Kelantan Lane, Ikea, and a few neighborhood light shops. We end up buying all our lightings for our new home from LightCraft.

Went there a few trips, but bought during their Sales.

My evaluation of LightCraft:

Sales service: 7/10

(If you are served by a Filipino guy called Leon, maybe 8/10. I also enjoy shopping at places where sales staff leave you alone to look-look-see-see, but prompt and knowlegeable to answer your queries. They also acknowlege your presence when you enter the shop, and hand you a clip board with order form.)

Price: 8.5/10

(Good promo during their sales. Wait for GSS, maybe got promo again)

Delivery: 9/10

(On time, call 1 day before to confirm, then 1 hour before arrive call again. Even delivery of replacement due to tarnished chrome on table lamp on separate day also punctual)

Variety: 8.5/10

(Good selection. Managed to settle kitchen/dining, vanity, both toilets, walk-in-wardrobe, study and table lamp all under one roof from them after scouting so many shops. Even bought one ceiling lamp for mother-in-law's dining area to replace her chandelier)

Installation: 3/10

(Installer pull very long face because worked OT on Sat afternoon. Didn't center align light above mirror, simply install where wires protrude from wall. Luckily mistake was spotted and asked to re-install to center align with mirror. And fortunately the mirror light casing manage to cover the wrong drill hole. Study room lamp was not properly installed, trip the circuit breaker every time it was switched on. Kitchen ceiling light casing and wire casing did not touch, hence wire was exposed from gap in between. Installer did not cut hole on ceiling lamp casing for wires to penetrate the casing. Instead he simply screw the lamp casing over the wires. My electrician spotted and said that this is very dangerous as the lamp casing may cut thru the wires over time. When their "senior" electrician/ installer came on another day to redo/ reinstall their previous mistakes, he gave a lot of excuses for the mistakes done. He also passed a lot of unnecessary and uncalled for remarks on our choice of lamps (from his shop!) and on our ID and reno ideas)

Above are my personal evaluation of LightCraft. For your reference and happy shopping!

P/s: I will be posting the picts of the lamps we bought from LC at a later stage.