Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

8 days Korea tour!!!

Hi, need your advise.

This is my 1st time visiting Seoul+Jeju, during winter season.

1. Is it advisable to wear track shoes during winter? (wish to keep expenses to min)

2. Must we wear down jacket as outer layer? (was advised that it is a must)

3. What type of "long john" is advisable? (was advised that we should get 100% wool)

I will be on group tour Seoul+Jeju Island for 5pax.

As most meals are provided (I only need to settle 2 Lunch & 1 Dinner), for 5 pax. Approximately how much should I be bringing? Should I be bringing USD or Korean Won?

Your advise is appreciated. Thank You.

Edited by lsling

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, need your advise.

This is my 1st time visiting Seoul+Jeju, during winter season.

1. Is it advisable to wear track shoes during winter? (wish to keep expenses to min)

2. Must we wear down jacket as outer layer? (was advised that it is a must)

3. What type of "long john" is advisable? (was advised that we should get 100% wool)

I will be on group tour Seoul+Jeju Island for 5pax.

As most meals are provided (I only need to settle 2 Lunch & 1 Dinner), for 5 pax. Approximately how much should I be bringing? Should I be bringing USD or Korean Won?

Your advise is appreciated. Thank You.

Yes , u can wear track shoes but just be extra careful when u are walking on some "dry ice" area.

Its can be very slippery when the snow is dry on the road.

its better to brg korean won for ur own meal.

i wear 100% cotton long john with another long sleeves blouses & down jacket. Do brg a pair of gloves too.

Yes , u can wear track shoes but just be extra careful when u are walking on some "dry ice" area.

Its can be very slippery when the snow is dry on the road.

its better to brg korean won for ur own meal.

i wear 100% cotton long john with another long sleeves blouses & down jacket. Do brg a pair of gloves too.

Hi diyo,

Thanks for the advise.

Me jus bought "down jacket" & leather gloves liao.

Will heed ur advise to buy cotton thermals.

May I ask, when u visited Korea? Wat's the temperature like? Will the winter dressing u advised, is it quite cozy already? Cos I am someone wheo shiver even when I am shopping / movies etc.

Thanks

Hi diyo,

Thanks for the advise.

Me jus bought "down jacket" & leather gloves liao.

Will heed ur advise to buy cotton thermals.

May I ask, when u visited Korea? Wat's the temperature like? Will the winter dressing u advised, is it quite cozy already? Cos I am someone wheo shiver even when I am shopping / movies etc.

Thanks

Guess what?

I ended up buying Winter Time "100% Wool (100% Cotton as base)".

Kindly worried I will "freeze" ... :dancingqueen:

Hi Flora,

Yep, it's a good deal. We took Korea Air (just like Spore SIA) for the whole trip, including domestic flights. You should go to Everland because it's just like Disneyland lor. Korea time is faster Spore by 1 hour (eg, Spore 2pm but in Korea is 3pm). :yamseng:

is it package tour or u plan everything urself in free and easy?

cos we thunking f doing free and easy on our own but afraid of language problem

Hxxg Txxx Korea Package Su_cks! Be Warned!

8D-6N, 1.5k/pax, advert as 5-6 star hotels, no hidden cost except for tips $40/pax.

Reach there only 1st and last nite 6 star, rest of the hotel 1-2 star.

the coach have to sit in long journey, so uncomfy, all kena neck pain, back pain, worse than go m'sia coach!

Dirty , run down hotels, then say what tatami very nice, bascially ask us sleep on floor, but later change to bed, bed so small i nearly fell off the bed when turning.

then go ginseng shop, we all dun buy into their nonsense, straight away show us face. the shop sales ppl say 'tot singaporean very rich, why not buying', the tour leader say,'tot u guys wanna try for baby, should take more ginseng', felt pissed by their sarcasm!

Meals ka_na_sai all just veggy, meat in hot pot! some more wan nice meals ask us pay $30/pax more! in the end we top up almost $50/pax for 'better' meals.

Then sit ski lift tell us very nice, neber tell us not in package but end of the trip ask ask us top up another $15/pax.

end of trip is worst moment, cos they collect tips time. this tour got 3 person leading, this tour only 31 ppl and they have one tour leader from singapore,(we suppose to give him $10/pax), a chinese speaking tour guide from korea(supose give $45/pax) and the last one is like korean guide side kick(suppose to buy photos from him)

They din tell us all these tips when we ask HT what hiden costs are there.

me and wife only bot 4 photos(each cost around $5 each), the whole photo package cost $75(and we are the cheapest liao, some cost $90), the younger ones all not buying into the photos. The side kick show face and throw the photos we dun wan into plastic bag in front of us. :furious:

We felt the side kick did indeed work hard during meal times and help a lot in lugggage, so we put in another envelope some $ around $10/couple for him.

It's not we do not like to spend or tight fisted, we felt the younger group is being neglected as the tour concentrate on the older group. And the system regarding the not so transparent costs feel like unethical and it feels like fleecing, rather they should just tell us the cost upfront. This really left a bad taste.

The photos package end of trip leave a bad taste as nowadays we all got digital cameras, why we need u to take our photos, maybe we need only group photos. yes, it was package nicely but why aren't we allowed to choose those photos we like? I seriously dun mind if u tell me upfront, we give the sidekick $10-20/pax for the hardwork done, it's unnecessary for the stupid photos.

We have loads of time in hotel, just ask us which photos we like and it take like 10 min for choosing and the side kick will not waste time and $ to print unwanted photos(some photos got 1 eye close or sleep look, who want them?)

i advise all to think twice against packages from them. pui pui pui! :bleah:

but at least we made good frends with our tour members as we all share a 'common enemy' during the trip but then again that's not what we set out for. :angry2:

Edited by Relacker