Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

Door Above Rubbish Chute

My new resale home has a door above the rubbish chute , I was told by most contractors that I cannot change it unless approved by HDB. Anyone have this thingy at home ?

Those living at the top floor normally have this thingy...

I thought of maybe calling the HDB and ask them to replace for me as it's rotting already....

Do I have to pay for it ?

20.jpg

Edited by clockwork

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i too have this..when saw this foto..i tot i am looking at my kitchen..haha...same tiles even..

mine is a aluminum door with a small key hole...not sure why it is not wooden as shown in the pic...

i will be doing a (2 door-upper and lower) cabinet to hide this door as well as the rubbish chute.

My new resale home has a door above the rubbish chute , I was told by most contractors that I cannot change it unless approved by HDB. Anyone have this thingy at home ?

Those living at the top floor normally have this thingy...

I thought of maybe calling the HDB and ask them to replace for me as it's rotting already....

Do I have to pay for it ?

20.jpg

have to call HDB lor...tink is a fire rated door..if rotten need change, but think most ppl cover with a cabinet

Anyone have pictures of how the acrylic door look like when replaced?

This is mine current state. Wooden door rotten and mold forming. Cockroaches infested.

Previous owner use a PVC plate to cover up only.

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-20 at 17.52.32.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-20 at 17.52.38.jpeg

Edited by lilithlynn