Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Fujioh Hood - Different Models

Hi,

I am most inclined to get a Fujioh hood after reading all the positive comments abt its effectiveness in keeping the kitchen non-oily even after heavy cooking.

Now scratch head as to which model to get. Two criteria: easiest to clean and oil suction good enough.

For all Fujioh users, which model do you recommend?

On the cheapest end is the FX900 - non chimney type - is this good enough? The price is too hard to ignore, only about $400, but can it really do the job?

Then comes the800mk2, priced enough at $800. Because of its unique shape, anyone experienced knocking one's head on the top part of the hood?

Then comes the F99, priced at $1200. Too pricey for my budget but salesperson keeping pushing this to me.

Lastly, anyone aware of a new model called NL900? It isn't even shown on their website, claiming to have nearly 100% oil absorption. I was offered special price of $999.

Of course if the $400 FX900 can do its job well, I would prefer to save $ and get this.

Other than the oil collector, do you need to clean any other parts of the hood?

What do you think?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I am most inclined to get a Fujioh hood after reading all the positive comments abt its effectiveness in keeping the kitchen non-oily even after heavy cooking.

Now scratch head as to which model to get. Two criteria: easiest to clean and oil suction good enough.

On the cheapest end is the FX900 - non chimney type - is this good enough? The price is too hard to ignore, only about $400, but can it really do the job?

Then comes the800mk2, priced enough at $800. Because of its unique shape, anyone experienced knocking one's head on the top part of the hood?

Then comes the F99, priced at $1200. Too pricey for my budget but salesperson keeping pushing this to me.

Lastly, anyone aware of a new model called NL900? It isn't even shown on their website, claiming to have nearly 100% oil absorption. I was offered special price of $999.

Of course if the $400 FX900 can do its job well, I would prefer to save $ and get this.

What do you think?

I would recommend Fujioh 1000LVD.

survivor, are you a current user of 1000LVD? Am I right to say this is not a common model carried in shops? How much and where you get yours from? And may I ask why you prefer this model to the others? Thanks.

survivor, are you a current user of 1000LVD? Am I right to say this is not a common model carried in shops? How much and where you get yours from? And may I ask why you prefer this model to the others? Thanks.

Hi simei_mum,

I am from Malaysia thus I am not sure about the availability of Fujioh 1000LVD hood in Singapore. But viewing the Fujioh Singapore website, the 1000LVD is definitely available http://www.fujioh.com.sg/cooker_1000.htm I chose this hood because of my relative high recommendation. He is my kitchen cabinet manufacturer and also one of the Fujioh authorized distributor in Malaysia. His wife is a heavy cooker and his kitchen is not oily at all. Of cause I do not take his word for granted and also done my part of research and a lot of people who is using this model is very very satisfied customer. Thus I purchased this model. So far it serve me well. I prefer this model because i like its design. This is a very personal thing. In Malaysia the Fujioh 1000LVD is selling for over RM8K. Hope these helps.

Good day.

I am using Fujioh F1200V. I beleived it is the highest range. I picked this model due to the nature of my cooking style. It is really pricey though but no regrets.

As for service, try to wipe clean the hood (external) right after cooking. The aluminum filter, oil collector and suction blower needs cleaning at least once a month depending on your cooking style. The longer you keep it running without cleaning the suction efficiency will drop. Just because the suction blower is full of oil....really sticky stuff. This is not bad considering the cooking hood has done a very good job for you rather then you clean up the whole kitchen.

Another advice about Fujioh products is I find their gas hob is not to it quality. The electronic igniter always fail and worse it is not easy to lit. So I give up, just use external igniter instead.

Enjoy cooking.

From Malaysia :)

Hi,

What do you think?

Hi simei_mum,

I am from Malaysia thus I am not sure about the availability of Fujioh 1000LVD hood in Singapore. But viewing the Fujioh Singapore website, the 1000LVD is definitely available http://www.fujioh.com.sg/cooker_1000.htm I chose this hood because of my relative high recommendation. He is my kitchen cabinet manufacturer and also one of the Fujioh authorized distributor in Malaysia. His wife is a heavy cooker and his kitchen is not oily at all. Of cause I do not take his word for granted and also done my part of research and a lot of people who is using this model is very very satisfied customer. Thus I purchased this model. So far it serve me well. I prefer this model because i like its design. This is a very personal thing. In Malaysia the Fujioh 1000LVD is selling for over RM8K. Hope these helps.

The last time i check with Poh Joo, HDB don't allow those ventilating models...:( as it need a suction pipe to suck the fume out through the window... :dunno:

BTW someone told me that if one does not buy the ventilating models (ie duct brings fume outside) then it is pointless getting a hood to being with.

further, even ones with the highest suction power (eg TEKA offers 1300m3/hr suction which I am also eyeing now) - if it is just circulating not ventilating, then no pt to get it.

How true is this?

The last time i check with Poh Joo, HDB don't allow those ventilating models...:( as it need a suction pipe to suck the fume out through the window... :dunno:

so means only recycling models are allowed??

Hi, i have a brand new (unopened in box) Fujioh flat hood FX900R for sale. Oil/fumes absorption rating is 83%. Bought late May, with receipt. Asking for $380. Self-collect from east area pls. Please email me hamstey76-misc@yahoo.com.sg if interested. thanks.

Hi, i have a brand new (unopened in box) Fujioh flat hood FX900R for sale. Oil/fumes absorption rating is 83%. Bought late May, with receipt. Asking for $380. Self-collect from east area pls. Please email me hamstey76-misc@yahoo.com.sg if interested. thanks.

Hi, thanks to all for your interest. The Fujioh hood has been sold.