Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
airways07

Fish Tank ...

Hi,

Can any of u recomend us a reasonable place to buy fish tank maybe direct dealer or something?? Need to buy medium/large size. l went to tampines area shop but its expensive :(

If the new one are beyond our budget, we thought of getting 2nd hand is it wiser or better to get new one??? Yet to buy my arwana fish :dunno: they say high maintance but they are soo lovely to look at.

Hope u all can recomend me ..... :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Any particular size you need for your fish tank? My hubby's keeping an arowanna and he used to participate in this forum arofanatics.com to look for relevant information. If you need a fish tank, i would recommend you to check that website.

:yamseng:

Soon Heng Fish Tanks Manufacturers (Soon Heng)

Blk 201, Hougang St 21, #01-09, Singapore 530201

Tel: 6280 2792

I recently went ard looking for fish tank too. The cheaper ones from QianHu.. the glass thickness... wah..

Then I came across this shop in hougang.. they make the tank on site..

can custom to any size.. they use 8mm glass. Seems like they really know what they doing.. got many samples in the shop. But.. 8mm carry home.. that's another big issue.

I would say.. after going ard the fish shops.. this is not the cheapest.. but I rather pay for experience. Afterall.. a leak.. is a life and death situation.

Hi,

Can any of u recomend us a reasonable place to buy fish tank maybe direct dealer or something?? Need to buy medium/large size. l went to tampines area shop but its expensive :(

If the new one are beyond our budget, we thought of getting 2nd hand is it wiser or better to get new one??? Yet to buy my arwana fish :dunno: they say high maintance but they are soo lovely to look at.

Hope u all can recomend me ..... :yamseng:

yo,

dont save on tank, get a good one. esp if u keeping aro u need at least a 5x2x2 footer which require 12mm glass to be safe. go arofanatic.com to read up more about tank system and list of tank makers.

btw, u seemed to be newbie in fish keeping, better read up before jumping into the hobby. its is not difficult to rear aro as compare to planted and marine tank but not easy too as it all need basic water management, filtration etc knowledge. u wouldnt want ur $1k aro to die shortly right?

fyi, a 5 footer tank with sump will easily cost u around $1.3k. if it is made of chengai wood, it will cost more. if it is made of starphire glass, it will cost even more.....all depend of what material u want. those u buy from shop are usually of 1.5 feet width which is too narrow for a grown up aro to u-turn, better get a 2ft width.(my ex-5footer cost $1.5k, my current 3-footer cost $800)

cheers!

Edited by msmurf

Depends on what arowana you want. Different arowanas can grow to different lengths.

If you are getting the cheap silver arowana, you better prepare around a 6ft tank. This fish is a monster.. LOL.. Arowana's are jumpers so you also want to take note of casing. Don't put too much things inside the tank, they need to space.

I've seen arowana's live in peace with other fish, e.g. chinese suckerfish.. In my case, I thought so too... lol... few weeks later.. had to "bury" my suckerfish.. Rough guide is the other fish must be at least half the length of the arowana..

ok.. i'm babbling..

Hehe .. :P l'm newbie lah in fishy world *so shy* n do need help coz me & partner know nuts abt it. And thanks for intro me the forum :yamseng:

We were told by fengshui to have some water around our house etc fish/water pond so we end up with fish instead. What type of arowana yet to be confirm. l thought reno is confusing but fishy also can be a headache too esp keeping such a fish n afraid it will die if l didnt take care properly. But there is alot of good pointers that u all have given me n yet to find out more frm that site :sport-smiley-003:

Just for my kepo inquiry, what kind would u all keep or up to individual??? Is it true that keeping such fish will burn ur pocket?? My partner told me to have 2nd option beside arowanna but l cant think of any right now .. what other kind of fish to soothing ur eyes?

Any ideas :help:

I been keeping small tropical fishes.. and.. I think.. lion head type goldfish is most soothing. Not fussy eaters too.

They are not fussy eaters, and are very gentle. I got some cichlids now.. but their aggressive and territorial nature not exactly soothing to the eyes.

I have not kept Arowana before but.. I hear they eat a lot, and require live foods. Nice imposing coffee table talking point, but.. is a labour of love.

Kois grow too fast for aquariums.

Good place to see fish selection in Sg is Qian Hu Fish Farm, or go to Clementi Blk 328 (Clementi Florist and Aquarium). Got some real exotic stuff like crabs, shrimps etc.

We were told by fengshui to have some water around our house etc fish/water pond so we end up with fish instead. What type of arowana yet to be confirm. l thought reno is confusing but fishy also can be a headache too esp keeping such a fish n afraid it will die if l didnt take care properly. But there is alot of good pointers that u all have given me n yet to find out more frm that site :sport-smiley-003:

Just for my kepo inquiry, what kind would u all keep or up to individual??? Is it true that keeping such fish will burn ur pocket?? My partner told me to have 2nd option beside arowanna but l cant think of any right now .. what other kind of fish to soothing ur eyes?

Any ideas :help:

its up to individual what to keep as there are so many species just the freshwater let alone the marine. different species has different characters, living condition...... so you have to decide what you want.

seriously, there are many beautiful fish besides aro. like what yoongf said, tropical fish, gold fish etc can be very nice too.

just to give u some ideas, for freshwater, ppl generally keep aro, planted, goldfish, luohan, pleco, cichlid, stingray, guppy etc... you have to choose the "theme" for your tank, you want just a few giants or you like to have a community, you want clear water or you like to have black water environment or planted.....

haa.........very difficult right? so read up and look at those tanks picture, it will help you to decide. but remember to get the biggest tank possible to avoid upgrading later. and yes, fish keeping is costly unless you just keep a betta in a jar.

cheers!

Edited by msmurf

For newbies, i think it's better to start off with some easy to keep fishies... anyway, after u have set up your new tank, u would need some "guinea pigs" to test-swim in it too... Meanwhile, if the guinea pigs are doing well and happily swimming around.. then you slowly upgrade and look around lor...if got confidence liao, then get the aro. Experience is gained as we go along.. sometimes the fishies show signs of falling sick.. sometimes, they just simply die for you to see... it's inevitable lah.. although it hurts sometimes, $$ and also sentimental sake.. sob sob..

Yes.. fish keeping can be an expensive hobby..:deal: the tank itself is a sum of money.. then we have monthly water, electricity bills, stocking up makan for your fishies (superworms, froggies, prawns (esp during CNY!!), sotong, feeder fishies, pellets etc etc) , tank accessories... the list just goes on..

We recently just moved into our new place too... moved in the tanks and also expanded on the collection... the process wasnt easy but at the end of the day, seeing the fishies swimming happily in their new home.. it's all worth it.. :yamseng:

Well, l tink l should listen to Vin13-since l'm super super newbie, l should try to keep easy going fishies 1st then go for what l aim for :sport-smiley-004: cause l afraid my baby arowanna will die on me-that will be very painful. What goes well with Goldfish?? Any kind right? l wanna colorful fishies swimming in my tank- is there any fish that l soud avoid when having goldy?

Yeah, gonna hunt for bigger tank for my baby arowanna later. l'm fully prepared for the feeding n stuffs if l'm keeping arowana :sport-smiley-018:

But once l had confident n wanted to have arowanna n put them together wt other fishies-will my baby eat the poor little fishies??? Or should l separate them?

For newbies, i think it's better to start off with some easy to keep fishies... anyway, after u have set up your new tank, u would need some "guinea pigs" to test-swim in it too... Meanwhile, if the guinea pigs are doing well and happily swimming around.. then you slowly upgrade and look around lor...if got confidence liao, then get the aro. Experience is gained as we go along.. sometimes the fishies show signs of falling sick.. sometimes, they just simply die for you to see... it's inevitable lah.. although it hurts sometimes, $$ and also sentimental sake.. sob sob..

Yes.. fish keeping can be an expensive hobby..:deal: the tank itself is a sum of money.. then we have monthly water, electricity bills, stocking up makan for your fishies (superworms, froggies, prawns (esp during CNY!!), sotong, feeder fishies, pellets etc etc) , tank accessories... the list just goes on..

We recently just moved into our new place too... moved in the tanks and also expanded on the collection... the process wasnt easy but at the end of the day, seeing the fishies swimming happily in their new home.. it's all worth it.. :yamseng:

The glass thickness has to be 12 mm or more if u wan to keep arowana(s). You can contact a local tank maker to find out more. Look for Wee Yang @96672353. He's a reputable tank maker who did up a lot of tanks for local hobbists who keep arowanas.

Hi Hi,

Does anybody knows where to get those fish tanks shoe cabinet combo? Thinking of using it as a divider between the foyer and living area.