Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hitman

Need Advice On 42" Lcd Tv (hd Ready)

Hi,

am looking at 42" LCD TV (HD ready) and is comparing between Sharp LC42 A53M and Toshiba 42AM 550. Appreciate views on the models. Good if someone can share their experiences on the models.

Thks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Hitman,

Prices for Full HD TVs have been dropping and I believe that it makes more bang for the buck getting a 42" Full HD as compared to a 42" HD-Ready.

With regards to your question, I can't seem to find the specs on the 42AM550, hence I've used the specs for the 42AV550 as a comparison.

Dynamic contrast has always been a debatable issue as different manufacturers might have a different way of measuring their own dynamic contrast.

Looking at the brightness level the toshiba has just a slight edge.

If you do your work around, you'll realized that there have been end-users highlighting banding issues on their Sharp TVs. How common the problem is I'm not sure, but there have been issues over the last 1 year.

Toshiba's Meta-Brain technology has been around since their just started their LCD business and their in-house technology have received rave reviews on the colour reproduction.

Although the Toshiba only has 1 HDMI input, it doesn't really matter in my opinion because its not Full HD.

Many manufacturers use parts from others. E.g. Sony using Samsung LCD Panels in their Bravia TVs.

Each manufacturer has its areas of expertise and it's not unusual (for cost efficiency / economies of scale) to purchase from someone else.

Personally I still think you should go Full HD. :notti:

Hi Hitman,

Prices for Full HD TVs have been dropping and I believe that it makes more bang for the buck getting a 42" Full HD as compared to a 42" HD-Ready.

With regards to your question, I can't seem to find the specs on the 42AM550, hence I've used the specs for the 42AV550 as a comparison.

Dynamic contrast has always been a debatable issue as different manufacturers might have a different way of measuring their own dynamic contrast.

If you do your work around, you'll realized that there have been end-users highlighting banding issues on their Sharp TVs. How common the problem is I'm not sure, but there have been issues over the last 1 year.

Toshiba's Meta-Brain technology has been around since their just started their LCD business and their in-house technology have received rave reviews on the colour reproduction.

Although the Toshiba only has 1 HDMI input, it doesn't really matter in my opinion because its not Full HD.

Many manufacturers use parts from others. E.g. Sony using Samsung LCD Panels in their Bravia TVs.

Each manufacturer has its areas of expertise and it's not unusual (for cost efficiency / economies of scale) to purchase from someone else.

Hi Hitman,

Thanks Phantom!

What do you mean by banding issue for Sharp TVs?

What specs are considered reasonable for Full HD TVs? brands to recommend within budget of $1200-$1400?

What advantages do Full HD LCDs have over HD ready?