Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

Buying Recess Area

The info from HDB infoweb

"The per square metre price of the recess area (common corridor space) outside your flat is 25% of the per square metre posted price of your flat.

Please note that you will also have to pay for the following:

Stamp duty

Conveyancing fees

Survey fees

Cost of relocating services/fittings/fixtures in the recess area*

Cost of renovations and alterations (if any)"

what does posted price mean?

I submitted the application form 5 weeks ago but until now no news from HDB... Take so long just to tell me the price and what to do. HAIZZZZZ :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I bot my mum recess area about 2 years ago. it was quite fast if i rem correctly.

They should have the valuation of the place, maybe they are waiting for the next valuation.. which could be better as it can only go down, right?

I bot my mum recess area about 2 years ago. it was quite fast if i rem correctly.

They should have the valuation of the place, maybe they are waiting for the next valuation.. which could be better as it can only go down, right?

huh then why mine so slow... I shall call them tomorrow and pester them. whahaha :) Yes I do hope it will go down. wheee

huh then why mine so slow... I shall call them tomorrow and pester them. whahaha :) Yes I do hope it will go down. wheee

Hi Pinkpetter,

We tried to buy the recess area outside our place around 1.5yrs ago. The whole procedures is really draggy. My hubby went to the branch office like 3times or so and none of the staff there are able to give proper advice and unfamiliar with the procedures themselves.

We submitted our application for months and got no reply. After don't know how many months, we got so tired and cant be bother with it anymore. And this is when they sent us a letter asking us to confirm and shift all the water and electricity stuff of the govt. outside within 2-3weeks. End up, we cancelled the application as we cant shift the stuff out intime due to our busy schedule in their stated period.

Now my flat is undergoing upgrading, I guess we will only 'reapply' it after the upgrading is completed.

Good luck to you and do share the procedure with us. I think you probably can advise better than those sitting there. :)

Hi Pinkpetter,

We tried to buy the recess area outside our place around 1.5yrs ago. The whole procedures is really draggy. My hubby went to the branch office like 3times or so and none of the staff there are able to give proper advice and unfamiliar with the procedures themselves.

We submitted our application for months and got no reply. After don't know how many months, we got so tired and cant be bother with it anymore. And this is when they sent us a letter asking us to confirm and shift all the water and electricity stuff of the govt. outside within 2-3weeks. End up, we cancelled the application as we cant shift the stuff out intime due to our busy schedule in their stated period.

Now my flat is undergoing upgrading, I guess we will only 'reapply' it after the upgrading is completed.

Good luck to you and do share the procedure with us. I think you probably can advise better than those sitting there. :)

............................................. :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

What a tedious process! then why so many of my neighbours have their recess areas?! thanks for the heads-up. I shall report here when I do get it.

What a tedious process! then why so many of my neighbours have their recess areas?! thanks for the heads-up. I shall report here when I do get it.

Totally different experience i had... After i bought mine. Many neighbours start to follow and

all seems to be up within few months of each other. But regardless, it is good value n sensible thing to buy that space.

ask MP for help :):)

haha hopefully dun have to resort to that...

Totally different experience i had... After i bought mine. Many neighbours start to follow and

all seems to be up within few months of each other. But regardless, it is good value n sensible thing to buy that space.

Whoa.. yes yes it's going to be super useful. Can put my dad's bicycle, our extra shoes and sometimes mom can dry clothing there. :)

Can build some storage too! :)

yup... as my mum plc is a corner unit.. the space is actually quite sizeable..

i was actually quite adventurous and wanted to knock down the adjacent wall that stand between the access area and the kitchen.... but didn't because my dad didn't want to remove his kitchen cabinets which are 20years old already..... haiz..

yup... as my mum plc is a corner unit.. the space is actually quite sizeable..

i was actually quite adventurous and wanted to knock down the adjacent wall that stand between the access area and the kitchen.... but didn't because my dad didn't want to remove his kitchen cabinets which are 20years old already..... haiz..

THAT'S what my mom wants to do!!!! hahahahahaha But I think my dad will be very pissed. haha

some people buy the recess areas to cut of the line of vision for nosey pokers / door knockers / tikopeks :bleah:

Hi Pinkpetter: Buy also you use, don't buy also you use. Not predicting anyone else to put up tent (figuratively speaking) at the space near to your door/side of corridor right? Perhaps we can save some money during this economic downturn unless budget is of no concern. I am not really for the move because I am reminded of someone who once mentioned "why buy the recess area only to install more grilles to "cage" ourselves" - in which I find it to make some sense. A house should thus be open and airy wherever permissible.

I thought of that too. But you know.. we put some stuff outside recently and they went missing. My dad left his bicycle outside for a bit and the cushy seat I got for him went missing too.

It really doesn't seem safe to leave things outside. As of now, I'm worrying about my mom's beloved plant. And we really want more space for the junk we have which is unsightly in the house and really dirties the house.

Sigh. I'd have to agree though. If it's really ex and way out of my budget I'll hold off buying at the moment. :)

Hi Pinkpetter: Buy also you use, don't buy also you use. Not predicting anyone else to put up tent (figuratively speaking) at the space near to your door/side of corridor right? Perhaps we can save some money during this economic downturn unless budget is of no concern. I am not really for the move because I am reminded of someone who once mentioned "why buy the recess area only to install more grilles to "cage" ourselves" - in which I find it to make some sense. A house should thus be open and airy wherever permissible.

beg to differ here although its prudent to exercise restraint in such economic landscape.. the recess area is not a big commitment, it is what you plan to do with the space that will be the additional costs that need serious consideration..

additional space will add value to the house and in my view, if the recess area is sizeable.. it adds very good values.. especially if valuation is more affordable now..

just my 2cents..