Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

Buying Recess Area

hi,

can i ask advise for those who have done applying/purchasing of the recess area.

after we apply for the recess area, and HDB has inform us the costs and has approved, is it a MUST to proceed and pay up for it? or can we still consider??

do we have to pay for the application? if yes, how much?

thanks in advance! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

When HDB has informed you of the costs through that letter.. they HAVE NOT approved yet. You have to move your electrical and water meters and let them inspect before they approve anything.

Thus after receiving the letter, you can choose to keep quiet and not buy the place. :)

Application (enquiry for price) is free and to be done online through your MyHDB page. :)

I am thinking of purchase reccess area. Would like to know whether you engage a lawyer to purchase. If yes, is it possible to give me his contact. Thank you.

I am thinking of purchase reccess area. Would like to know whether you engage a lawyer to purchase. If yes, is it possible to give me his contact. Thank you.

if your is bank loan u need one

if HDB loan just submit application on line and wait for letter.

SIGHHHH

Bank just called.

They will have to treat this buying of recess area as if we're doing the WHOLE buying process again. Which means I have to call up my lawyers, ask my lawyers to retrieve my mortgage from the Bank, liaise with HDB to draw up a new mortgage and then we have to sign ALL the documents all over...

On top of that we have to pay the lawyers, the CPF lawyers, etc... OMGGGGGG.

Dear all,

Can we buy recess area by Cash but not CPF/bank loan?

If we pay by Cash payment then no need to engage lawyer, retrieve the mortgage all over again, right?

pls advice. Thanks

Dear all,

Can we buy recess area by Cash but not CPF/bank loan?

If we pay by Cash payment then no need to engage lawyer, retrieve the mortgage all over again, right?

pls advice. Thanks

U still need to engage lawyer whether pay cash or cpf, due to the mortage.

I'm still in the process to get my recess area, is already more than 6 months sigh.... wondering are there people working in the HDB branch????? :bangwall::bangwall:

wondering how to make them work faster???? 8|8|

Edited by kcsek

When HDB has informed you of the costs through that letter.. they HAVE NOT approved yet. You have to move your electrical and water meters and let them inspect before they approve anything.

Thus after receiving the letter, you can choose to keep quiet and not buy the place. :)

Application (enquiry for price) is free and to be done online through your MyHDB page. :)

Hi Pinkpetter

Hows long time do you get the approval for the recess area? how much u spend for legal cost ? sian ler..i am also want to purchase the recess area as i just completed my 1st appointment but the lawyer told me the legal cost is about 4k ler...jialat....and need 4 months to be completed the documentation wor..do u know where can get the cheaper rate for legal service? bcos i am thinking renovate together with my recess area .

Can you share with me more regarding the procedure of purchase the recess area? thank you so much

U still need to engage lawyer whether pay cash or cpf, due to the mortage.

I'm still in the process to get my recess area, is already more than 6 months sigh.... wondering are there people working in the HDB branch????? :bangwall::bangwall:

wondering how to make them work faster???? 8|8|

Hi...

I also intend to purchase the recess area infront of my unit... but i saw yr msg saying u are still in the process to get your recess area , it is already more the 6 month??????? how come drag so long time? may i know where are u staying , which hdb branch? did u engage laywer to do the documentation? wht is the cost like? actually i hope can complete the transaction together with my 2nd appointment n doing the renovate together...:( Please share with me more about the procedure and wht thing need to take note .thank you so much....

Hi...

I also intend to purchase the recess area infront of my unit... but i saw yr msg saying u are still in the process to get your recess area , it is already more the 6 month??????? how come drag so long time? may i know where are u staying , which hdb branch? did u engage laywer to do the documentation? wht is the cost like? actually i hope can complete the transaction together with my 2nd appointment n doing the renovate together...:( Please share with me more about the procedure and wht thing need to take note .thank you so much....

actual fact to purchase the recess area is not ex.

but due to the process with the law firm it add up to quite a sum

hope yours is not bank loan?

if bank loan

- need bank approval letter

- letter from branch office the size of the recess area

- law firm to submit withdraw of CPF form if you are paying by CPF

- the rest will be done by the law firm.

it will be good you dropby the branch office to find out more.

for me i give up hope to purchase the recess area.

seem that the law firm is not keen to take up my case.... no advice or follow up from them or whatso ever.... sigh....

anyway good luck

OMG. Found this thread too late !

Wanted to buy the recess area outside for my new resale flat.

Got my bank loan signed and approved.

Waiting for my first appt in early June.

My agent only told me I can buy the recess area from HDB after I got

the keys ! Did not know of the delay and cost involved

Anyone can advice what should I do now ?

Thanks in advance.

OMG. Found this thread too late !

Wanted to buy the recess area outside for my new resale flat.

Got my bank loan signed and approved.

Waiting for my first appt in early June.

My agent only told me I can buy the recess area from HDB after I got

the keys ! Did not know of the delay and cost involved

Anyone can advice what should I do now ?

Thanks in advance.

Your stupid agent, is he new?

You have to check with HDB, buy the recess area and unit at the same time. All these have to be done within the bank loan that u have signed, there should be a 3 to 6 months holding period of your loan and if not utilised u have to pay penatly. PLease go thru u bank loan agreement.

I'm asuming u buy only, so the most u need it to get the above done and postphoned your appointment.

If buy & sell, bigger headache.

I seriously do not understand what is wrong wif the ppl at HDB.

I'm also trying to get my recess area but it is taking a loooong time... while everybody is playing 'ping-pong'...

It's nt as if it's FOC, I think HDB shld really start doing something about their slow services...

About HDB residents who had bought the recess area directly outside their main door, I recalled watching a chinese documentary programme sometime this year (or was it last year?) on Channel 8, about this group of residents in Singapore who were being asked to remove all their wrought iron fixtures that cordoned the recess area.

HDB wanted them to install firewalls around that recess area in view of fire safety reasons. HDB's rationale was that if the existing recess area is simply cordoned with wrought iron grilles, and when the area catches fire e.g. cigarette butts or unforseen fire hazards/ attacks, those folks staying inside the flats will have no escape route. So for safety reasons, they would have to build up a proper fire-rated wall such that their "main" door is now situated at the recess area - to seal up & prevent such possibilities. That new "main" door will also have to be fire rated.

With the entire recess area to be walled up with fire-rated walls in that documentary programme, the residents have got to pay alot of $$, I think it is close to $10k per unit (not sure if it's before or after subsidies). The residents were very very unhappy & angry, and appealed against HDB's mandate. Many of them had already spent alot of $$ to install beautiful, intricate wrought iron grilles at the recess area & to build a firewall there would be very stuffy as there is no ventilation inside that recess area. One English-speaking resident even told the press that they had already spent close to $10k on wrought iron.

The programme also featured another unit in the same block who had been newly bought by another resident, & who was smart enough to get his contractor to build up a fire rated wall & fire rated door to seal up the recess area. They even had an expert in this field to inspect the unit's newly constructed recess area - and his verdict was thumbs up.

So for those who have bought the recess area recently or who have intention to do so, it's preferrable that they verify with HDB is it's ok to just fence up the recess area with just wrought iron grilles or must they construct a proper fire-rated wall to encase the entire recess area. Cost alot of $$ to construct fire rated walls & doors...

Edited by edenstrauss