Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

Buying Recess Area

whahahahaha and they know I'd be free to pester them all week next week! whahahah :)

Now there's a whole list of things to do in the letter. URGH...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

mmm need to get bank approval.. need to report the new location of the meter and lights BEFORE they officially approve my purchase... then after that need to do some simple reno...

our housing loan taken from bank. Then the letter states that if we loan from bank we must inform bank and get their approval. In fact the letter sent to us has been CC-ed to the bank.. mm

our housing loan taken from bank. Then the letter states that if we loan from bank we must inform bank and get their approval. In fact the letter sent to us has been CC-ed to the bank.. mm

It is very important for the bank or HDB to factor the recess area into the loan.

For example:

Someone bought a HDB flat with a loan, and bought the recess area separately (i.e not in the loan contract).

If the person defaulted and bank take back HDB flat but cannot take back the recess area.

The bank/HDB will have problem selling the flat because anyone who step on the recess area can be sue for trespassing by the old owner. So how to enter the flat? :D

Edited by rendell

SIGHHHH

Bank just called.

They will have to treat this buying of recess area as if we're doing the WHOLE buying process again. Which means I have to call up my lawyers, ask my lawyers to retrieve my mortgage from the Bank, liaise with HDB to draw up a new mortgage and then we have to sign ALL the documents all over...

On top of that we have to pay the lawyers, the CPF lawyers, etc... OMGGGGGG.

SIGHHHH

Bank just called.

They will have to treat this buying of recess area as if we're doing the WHOLE buying process again. Which means I have to call up my lawyers, ask my lawyers to retrieve my mortgage from the Bank, liaise with HDB to draw up a new mortgage and then we have to sign ALL the documents all over...

On top of that we have to pay the lawyers, the CPF lawyers, etc... OMGGGGGG.

I will take note on this point.

Next time if people want to buy recess, get it first before bank loan or inform lawyer or bank about the plans so as to save legal.

Sorry Pinkpetter, I couldn't warn you or advice you on this because my parents did not take up any loan.

But you can try to ask your lawyer for lower rates because the amendment is not major and since you have already paid him once..

Edited by rendell

I will take note on this point.

Next time if people want to buy recess, get it first before bank loan or inform lawyer or bank about the plans so as to save legal.

Sorry Pinkpetter, I couldn't warn you or advice you on this because my parents did not take up any loan.

But you can try to ask your lawyer for lower rates because the amendment is not major and since you have already paid him once..

:) Not your fault la no need to apologise.

But you know what the best part is? They refused to let us buy BEFORE the bank loan. They insisted that we must let the transaction complete before submitting application to buy the recess. HDB and the Bank.

haha smells like a conspiracy. :P

But you're right on the second point about asking them to lower fees. This is, in fact, the third time I'm approaching them in 1 year.

I suspect people who took up HDB loan have it easier...

hey pp... so what happened now?

yapyap!!! long time no see! How's your housie coming along?? update us leh. :)

my stupid recess? haiz say liao also angry. The only people who are working fast... are my own people, my lawyer and my contractor. the others are all slow slow slow.

the bank appeared to work fast when they called us two days after we got the letter. During the conversation, she mentioned that she will be mailing us the letter for us to respond if we want to buy the place or not.

We only received the letter 9 days later. How terrible isn't it? The letter is just a template and just have to print out and sign what?!

Anyway we responded immediately and so did our lawyers on the same day.

We sent out the letter (back to them ) on the 19th. And on the 24rd, I received the SAME EXACT letter AGAIN from the bank.

FAINTS.

So I called the bank to want to ask if they had gotten the first version as I do not want them to be duplicating things.. might hold up the process... My mom called on my behalf actually and she waited on the line for 4 hours. YES 4 hours. Then she gave up and asked me to email them.

I emailed them with my a/c number, full name and reference for matter/letter. two days later, the service personnel replied with... what is my IC NUMBERRRRRRRR.... I replied.

two days later (yet again) she replied that they had received the first response and another dept had mailed out the second (duplicate) one when they received the response from the lawyer. So it was a useless letter. URGHH

Anyway then once they responded, my lawyers and I both wrote to HDB to ask for an extension of deadline.. as the deadline to process all these is just 2 days away.

So angry. Meanwhile, my superbusy contractor has already called me three times to ask about the submission of the documents... cos he needs to submit things on his side also. SEE he's so busy and he still finds time to do that. haiz

yup.. being away and forum was down for awhile isnt it?

sorry to hear that you are still working on your recess..

some banks are purposely delaying credit approval process so all the hiccups you are seeing might just be just that..

I didn't see that coming as my mum's place is fully paid when we bot the recess..

my place is a nightmare..

i am having arguments with the authority on some really ridiculous request and am planning to go to my MP if they still cannot get it done..

anyway, i used to work with the govt so i know their pattern quite well.. hoping to get it resolve by next week..

this is putting a serious delay on my house anyway.. that's a separate story. i will update my thread once i get the chance..

hope yours is a better journey!

mm but the recess we're buying will be fully paid for by our CPF. so it doesn't increase our liabilities with them.. and YET the home on their loan is increasing in value as we're buying the lot. So I really don't see why they are taking so long. However the woman who phoned me did seem quite happy we were buying it. mm Dunno... see how.

Yours does seem to be creating quite a headache for you. I do hope things will improve!! These people really know how to create hassles for us.

GOOD LUCK!

anyone have idea where to get the application form?

online or gotta go down to the hdb branch office?

anyone have idea where to get the application form?

online or gotta go down to the hdb branch office?

You must must must do it online. Log into your HDBpage and look for the application. I tried going personally, they told me to go home and do it. HORRIBLE.

You apply and you wait for 1 month or so before someone replies you through snail mail. :)