Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
deljunks

How Do I Place The Bed In This Mbr Layout?

Hi all,

I need some advice regarding to the layout of the mbr, as can be seen from the pic, the mbr is having the bed in the way of the doorway. I read that this form of layout is not good. Any reason why?

dad_room1.jpg

And If i switch the bed over to the direct opposite, the bed will be in the way of the toilet doorway.

And the toilet do not have a door as it is to be easy access to my mum who have suffered from a stroke.

And if air con blower if it is placed above my dad head when sleeping, is it any bad?

Can anyone advice how do I able to improve the FS of this layout?

fyi, nothing good or bad have happen since we stayed over for 5 years. But I do hope to be able to improve the FS in this room as it may help my mum recover faster if possible.

I have thought of adding a partition in from of the door, or add in string curtain so as my dad will not face the door when sleeping.

Or is the any better or beneficial suggestion? Please kindly advice.

thanks and hope to get some positive advice here.

regards,

ps: exact direction of the window is 20 degree N

Edited by deljunks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

create partition outside toilet.

partition can created by simply putting a cupboard.

then move bed to the opposite side.

door opening directly facing the "head" part of the bed will definitely affect the "HEADs" of those who sleep there.

door opening directly facing the "head" part of the bed will definitely affect the "HEADs" of those who sleep there.

HI MaCe,

thanks for your reply.

so will it be better to place the bed on the toilet door side and got to put up a partition?

and the partition do it have to be of certain height? or just cover the bed height.

and can i ask you if without partition, which position is better, bed along the door or toilet door? i mean which will have more negative effect.

thanks

HI MaCe,

thanks for your reply.

so will it be better to place the bed on the toilet door side and got to put up a partition?

and the partition do it have to be of certain height? or just cover the bed height.

and can i ask you if without partition, which position is better, bed along the door or toilet door? i mean which will have more negative effect.

thanks

partition need to cover the height of the toilet entrance.

* never put a bed sharing the same wall as a toilet.

hi i have almost the same problem with you , i did up a partition beside the door and now it act as a shelve for me also as was told by fs master . as for facing it depend on one best directionbut i prefer this position than the toilet side which is considered worse for me hope this help

Agree with Mace!

There is only available option for you to add a partition on your toilet and then move to the bed direct to opposite side of the Air con. So this will never going to created any problem for your mum. If you still doesn't understand about how this all to be happen, then consult with any famous toilet partition hardware supplier, which will give you the thorough description about to add partition somewhere to your home.

Edited by Del12345

U shouldn't be sleeping directly under the aircon!

Unless u relocate your aircon elsewhere. And shift your bed nearer towards the window. That's if it's possible.

Have u checked out with your neighbours who had the same layout, as to where they placed their bed in their MBR?

To add on ...

U can also install a mini curtain to cover the toilet door... an IKEA concept in its showroom. It looks great too depending on the decor of your MBR :)

This option is logical but not viable.

Deljunks removed the bedroom door for the convenience of his mother who is a stroke patient.

The partition would be too cumbersome for old folks if the bed position were to be shifted to the opposite side.

If bed placed in the doorway of the MBR is not good in fengshui, will having a full height partition next to my bed (hence blocking the sight of the door) improve?

If bed placed in the doorway of the MBR is not good in fengshui, will having a full height partition next to my bed (hence blocking the sight of the door) improve?

My FM has advised us to place our bed beside the doorway of the toilet and to put up a full partition to block the toilet doorway - guess that'll do the trick :notti:

So many doorways, so when urge come need to visit tiolet, high possibility to go into wrong doorways and bump into partition, esp at night suddenly wake up. :furious:

My FM has advised us to place our bed beside the doorway of the toilet and to put up a full partition to block the toilet doorway - guess that'll do the trick :notti:
Edited by bepgof

For the curtain part, u might want to consider string curtain, very elegant

Isn't this usually practised by some fsms....especially from HK?

How come bed in the doorway?

I guess will be good to have a partition.......