Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pebsb

Vacuum Cleaner

anyone had ideas on some good vacumn cleaner...? hubby + me sensative nose..

thinking of investing in a good vacumn... but see how first.. cos low budget.. :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I had been using KADEKA Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (KVC-120), cost at $110, for the past 1 year.

After 4 to 6 hour of charging, I can vaccum my 5 room house at ease.

It is quite powerful and can capture lots of dust particles !!

My wife and I are very pleased with it.

One draw back is the battery life, I got to purchase a new battery that cost $50++ after around 8 months of usage.

Can U pls recommend your vacuum cleaner? I heard that Karcher is good, but which model & how much?

Also, where to buy vacuum cleaner from? I dont think Goh Ah Bee or HL sells?

Thanks!

As I have mentioned in another thread, buy one that is suited for your floor type. Be careful if you have new polished marble or timber floors. A badly designed vacuum cleaner head and the wheels will undo the shine in no time. This is coming from experience!

Hi, my house is marble flooring. Can I know which type of vacuum cleaner is suitable for it and won't have scatches on the flooring? Thanks.

I have a Dyson, never need to maintain until the dust is really full.....but it's very heavy....that's what my girl has been complaining.

Just started venturing into Roomba, got a 550 from ebay, see if it would reduce my housework or not hehe...

Hi, my house is marble flooring. Can I know which type of vacuum cleaner is suitable for it and won't have scatches on the flooring? Thanks.

I think there are a few manufactures that allow you to buy an optional head suited for both parquet and marble. Such head design has soft rubber rollers and lots of soft bristle. They are made of soft plastics in general and this plastic body will not come in contact with the floor. As they are relatively fragile, it is not suited for other surfaces, e.g. rough ceramics, slate, etc. The head itself is not very efficient as the bristles are very soft but just have to roll over one spot more than once.

I bought a normal Miele model but spent $70 extra for the optional parquet head.

The Miele vacuum cleaner itself claim that the rollers on the vacuum cleaner (not the head) is made softer to avoid scratching any floors.

As Miele is quite ex, try to ask about other brands which have an optional add-on cleaning head. I nearly bought a special Philips optional head suited for parquet/marble (I already have a Philips vacuum all the while) but it was out of stock for a long time. I then decided to go for the Miele. My Philips is now exclusively used for the car interior only. Don’t have to worry about placing the vacuum cleaner in a dirty car park.

Hi All...

Any users for this model, Philips FC 9204 ??

FC9204_01_webImage198.jpg

Any feedbacks or comments for this model?

yeap yeap am using this one.............**** power to use plus the material they use can really feel it is much more studier. Plus a good thing is they got an attachement for parquet flooring which i find it pretty useful and being bagless, can see the rubbish that u clean from the floor so u got satisfaction that you got clean the house lor :dancingqueen:

anyone has good recommendation for a reasonable price vacuum cleaner? budget abt less than $100 (dont need too good type, i dont have parquet :bangwall: )

anyone has good recommendation for a reasonable price vacuum cleaner? budget abt less than $100 (dont need too good type, i dont have parquet :bangwall: )

Hi!

i bought an Electrolux Engenio, $89 from Best Denki. Just use for normal vacuum, so far so good!

any 1 got vacum cleaner that helps to suck the dust off from the stand fan grill lines ?, i tried washing it , but after while the fan lines seems to attract more dust, right now i m using a paint brush head to brush off the dust and use the vacum cleaner to suck it while cleaning ,

the 5th generation of iRobot Roomba is much better, even cleaner than magic clean. Has been using it for almost 1 week. No more sticky floor! :D

I got a 550 from ebay.

from experience, to get a vacuum cleaner to do the job, you have to consider if:

1) type / area of usage: eg. use to vacuum normal tiled /marble floor, parquet, carpets, big bungalow (must use more power and heavy duty types)s, etc.

2) cost of vacuum

3) available service centres

4) available spare vacuum bags & their cost: if you buy phillips brand, you can find that you can get their spares cheaply and easily at any supermarket. some brands are gd but their spares are either hard to find or costly.

5) available spare parts: eg. tube, vacuum head, etc.

hope the above helps.

I have done a lot of vacuum cleaner reviewing over the last year. My thoughts on this would be to consider a Hoover. Of course it depends much on your needs but Hoover have something for almost everyone. There are some decent reviews of Hoover here Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Reviews (at least this guy isn't just writing 1 paragraph - he/she appears to be doing some proper digging and research).

Also if Hubby has a sensitive nose consider something with a HEPA filter. HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air and is a filter that removes 99.97% of all airborne particulates of 0.3 microns or larger that pass through it. It is important though that the vacuum passes ALL of the air through the filter, otherwise it will not be effective.

Emily

This last week, been keeping an eye for vacuum cleaners when I passed by Carrefour, Best Denki, Courts, HN and Mega Discount.

The highly recommended ones - like Miele and Hoover - don't see them at any of the above stores. Where available? And how much?

Anyway, Miele should be over my budget of $200 - think the lowest priced is $400+.

Any brands/models to recommend for general usage (no parquet floor at home) below $200?

I have done a lot of vacuum cleaner reviewing over the last year. My thoughts on this would be to consider a Hoover. Of course it depends much on your needs but Hoover have something for almost everyone. There are some decent reviews of Hoover here Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Reviews (at least this guy isn't just writing 1 paragraph - he/she appears to be doing some proper digging and research).

Also if Hubby has a sensitive nose consider something with a HEPA filter. HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air and is a filter that removes 99.97% of all airborne particulates of 0.3 microns or larger that pass through it. It is important though that the vacuum passes ALL of the air through the filter, otherwise it will not be effective.

Emily

it's been years since the last post, so im wondering is there new models which are recommended?

i'm looking for upright/canister type that comes with handheld. preferably to be light weight, budget as cheap as possible :D . hope someone can help me with this. oh i dont have special flooring, just carpet n ceramic.

Edited by bLeuZ