Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
st002

Materials That U Regret Using/ Installing

A helpful thread indeed.

Hey guys, I'm wondering if your kitchen has the 50mm base for cabinet, fridge or washer? :dunno:

Can share with me why you choose to have it or not to. Any major practical pointers or does it makes no difference.

:D

I had the cabinet base

Washer has a base b'coz existing flat has it. So.. just keep it.

No fridge base.

Best.. no base for washer.. so difficult to mop the floor

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If you're very particular 'bt noise, esp. when sleeping or in bedroom,

DO NOT BUY SHARP AIRCON.

We bought it as it was highly recommended by the Gain City's salesperson.

But little did we know that it's super noisy, when it's switched on/off, and when u increase the fan speed.

The noise is like airplane taking off!

My spouse could not take it and complained to Gain City twice.

First time

they came and inserted rubber btw air con & aircon frame.

Result - not as noisy as b4, but still can be heard.

Reason for this - when the manufacturers tested the aircon in M'sia, it was on the ground. They didn't know think that the aircon will be installed in high-rise buildings in S'pore. :dunno:

Second time

they came and inserted big piece of cotton foam btw aircon & the board on the wall.

Result - not as noisy as the 2nd time, but still can be heard.

Reason for this - all inverters all like that :jawdrop:

They asked us to test the aircon at night (when it's quieter)

and if the noise is still bothering us, they'll ask their Boss to come.

I told me spouse to just forget it la

Hi Leen,

Good to hear your thumbs up on Jimmy. I will be calling him to check out :0 We need to check out some kitchen sink fast too..

Now I have some considerations on my reno. Initially, hubby and I told ID that we intend to have a built in oven. Hiaz...now coming to think of it.. my kitchen is rather small because we seperated the kitchen to (wet and dry). If we install the oven, of course it would look nice...it might take up more space. :( and again how often will we be using...sian... now considering to buy or not to buy...sigh

Anyone has any idea what happened to Jimmy? I've used him 3 times and I totally enjoyed his professionalism. I need movers again and I do not have his new contact.

oh man...too late :(

THe air con installer guys told me best is

1. Toshiba, followed by

2. Sharp / Panasonic

one of my toshiba (only outdoor condenser unit is MIJ hor) indoor FCU (FCU is thai made) died shortly after one year plus, found the receiver unit (which receives the remote control signals) spoilt and paid $140 including parts ($90) and labor/transport ($50) to replace... the toshiba-carrier technician told me if u know what failed, can just go to their spare part ctr and buy and DIY repair on your own...

FCU also depends on installation one... also depending on how the indoor unit is mounted, sometimes there maybe cracking noise, due to thermal expansion/contraction of the FCU chassis or have some rattling noise due to plastic louvres resonating with the running blower motor...

Why no body use Mitsubishi Electric Inverter system? I am using now and the FCU is silent to me as I only sleep about 2m away from the FCU.

The only regret installation for me are the living hall air-con unit location and the PLL energy saving ceiling lamps that uses of 2 tubes of 36W each lamp. Everytime light on is 72w :jawdrop: Total 8 set of PLL ceiling lamp, I should have gotten those round light tube type. And also the kitchen sink, mine is under SIMS brand and because it within our budget, we get that brand and end up easily scratch on the sink when washing. :bangwall:

Edited by davidbslee

there are the things i regretted:

X Black Kitchen Counter

contrary to popular belief, black does not hide dirt. on the contrary, dirt shows up even more easily on black counters. i changed mind to beige and i much rather prefer beige.

X Square Toilet Sinks

these look nice but are not practical. they gather residue on the 4 corners very easily and is difficult to clean.

hope this helps some.

X Black Kitchen Counter

contrary to popular belief, black does not hide dirt. on the contrary, dirt shows up even more easily on black counters. i changed mind to beige and i much rather prefer beige.

X Square Toilet Sinks

these look nice but are not practical. they gather residue on the 4 corners very easily and is difficult to clean.

hope this helps some.

Hmm what is Square Toilet Sinks exactly?

Why no body use Mitsubishi Electric Inverter system? I am using now and the FCU is silent to me as I only sleep about 2m away from the FCU.

The only regret installation for me are the living hall air-con unit location and the PLL energy saving ceiling lamps that uses of 2 tubes of 36W each lamp. Everytime light on is 72w :jawdrop: Total 8 set of PLL ceiling lamp, I should have gotten those round light tube type. And also the kitchen sink, mine is under SIMS brand and because it within our budget, we get that brand and end up easily scratch on the sink when washing. :bangwall:

For domestic use,Mitsubishi and Daikin is the most so called reliable and silent compared to others even that it may cost more than the others,If it is installed by a reliable installer,it will give you less headache before the 'sickness' starts to kick in.Trust me....

As for the lightings,re u using those 36w fluorescent tube?Try to talk to your electrician to replace that fittings n bulbs to T5 type,if you have some moolah to spend and you will save in the long run.Or you can ask your electrician to modify/separate those lightings to a few switches instead if 1,that way,you won't have to switch all the lights on if its bright enough,that shouldnt cost that much than replacing all those fittings i guess

Edited by maintenance boy

Hmm what is Square Toilet Sinks exactly?

i think wat he's trying to refer to are those square-shaped wash basins. if the basin is not slightly sloped towards the drainage hole, den water will collect at the four corners of the basin and hence, accumulation of dirt or water stains.

X Black Kitchen Counter

X Square Toilet Sinks

hope this helps some.

what is the material of your black kitchen top? Solid top or granite etc?

i think it really depends on individual... i am using a black granite top and totally loving it! :)

just btw, i have square sinks too. so far okie :good:

X Black Kitchen Counter

X Square Toilet Sinks

hope this helps some.

As someone who does all the washing & cleaning, I totally agree with Webbit.

My TV, hi-fi, DVD players, sofa & bed headboards are all in black.

Dust can seen more easily as compared to surfaces of lighter colours.

I wipe them once a week but dust can be seen after a few days.

Try not wiping them for 2 weeks and it's obvious enough for my spouse to say,"Wah, how come our house is so dusty?!"

I've rounded white sinks and it's definitely faster to clean them than to scrub

the corners of the square sinks.