Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rune

Quotation For 4a 20yrs Old Flat

Dear Regulars,

Juz been to a contractor and was quotated the following. Hope you all can share with me if the quotations are reasonable. The existing condition of the 4A Flat is quite okay except for the 2 bathrooms. Although the kitchen cabinet are quite new ... however, it clashes with our ideal. Thanks for your inputs :

Hack off existing wall tiles in kitchen ($500)

Laying of new wall tiling (Full wall type) in kitchen ($2500)

Construct cabinet base ($150)

Construct a hb low wall in kitchen with 2 sides wall tiles finishes ($600)

Hack off exisitng wall tiles in 2 toilets ($600)

Laying of new wall tiling to full height in 2 toilets ($2600)

Supply & install laminate kitchen cabinet with abs trimming $210/ft run

Supply & install solid surface cabinet top $70/ft run

Dismantle and dispose existing kitchen cabinet $150

Supply & install aluminiun framed sliding shower screen in MBR toilet $400

-Additional electrical powerpoint $35/ea

-Install lightings at existing point $8/ea

-Installations of new lighting point $25/ea

-SCV points $80/ea

-Dismantle and install basin and bowl $160/toilet

-Stainless Steel piping for 2 toilets $500.

The quotation comes from a contractor which is doing his house currently. I hope to hear from you all. Thank you :deal:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Mine kitchen cabinet is $95/ft, but I don't really recommend mine (reasons all in my blog), I've seen $98/ft in this forum, perhaps you can look around.

Are you just changing wall tiles for the toilet/kitchen?

How about floor tiles, it's not mentioned in your quote

Mine kitchen cabinet is $95/ft, but I don't really recommend mine (reasons all in my blog), I've seen $98/ft in this forum, perhaps you can look around.

Hi lawry, can I ask what r the meterial used for kitchen cabinet of $95/ft?. The laying of new wall tiles in both toilets are $1300/ea. Hmm it seems the lay over of floor tiles was omitted :P thanks for highlighting!

Are you just changing wall tiles for the toilet/kitchen?

How about floor tiles, it's not mentioned in your quote

Hi ahjane,

Thanks also for highlighting :P

Your kitchen cabinet at $210pfr is really too much... but... you're only doing the toilets and kitchen so it's normal for your kitchen to cost more than ours (who reno the whole unit...)

For us I think $100-$120+ is ok.

For you... maybe $150-$180?

Supply & install aluminiun framed sliding shower screen in MBR toilet $400

Well for this price you can get a frameless shower screen around $400

ShowerScreen_SlidingDoor.jpg

VS

ShowerScreen_Ultima.jpg

Edited by rendell

Your kitchen cabinet at $210pfr is really too much... but... you're only doing the toilets and kitchen so it's normal for your kitchen to cost more than ours (who reno the whole unit...)

For us I think $100-$120+ is ok.

For you... maybe $150-$180?

I thought so too... :( Really muz ask again to check if the quotation is correct?

stainless steel piping is extend or change everything? kitchen pipin no change?

Well when I asked ... contractor quoted for whole house change to stainless steel piping, should be in the range of $500.

Well for this price you can get a frameless shower screen around $400

ShowerScreen_SlidingDoor.jpg

VS

ShowerScreen_Ultima.jpg

Frameless type ... i heard got many problems with the hinges. :jawdrop: Correct me if I m wrong

Frameless type ... i heard got many problems with the hinges. :jawdrop: Correct me if I m wrong

Who say so? Your contractor or ID? :)

Frame one the profit margin higher because easy to install. :)

All kind of toilet doors will also have some problem after sometimes, it is the skill of the person who puts it up. :)

For me, I know the sliding door one will one day kenna stuck because of the roller at the bottom or on top, my home sliding door dropped out one day when I put too hard because I was late for work. :P

And as for the frameless, the door will drop out after some times if the contractor do not use the right hinges for heavier glass.

Both got pro and cons.

Best is don't install shower screen doors, just glass shower screen fixed panel... you will be too lazy to close the screen door after sometimes.

Edited by rendell

hahaaaa .... Well said, somehow l kinda agreed with rendell. But it all depend on us - how we want it. There's pros n cons. What u can do is ask the contractor for 2yrs warranty on all that instead. Usually 1 yrs warranty. but remember not all contractor agree on 2yrs so it all depends ....

Who say so? Your contractor or ID? :)

Frame one the profit margin higher because easy to install. :)

All kind of toilet doors will also have some problem after sometimes, it is the skill of the person who puts it up. :)

For me, I know the sliding door one will one day kenna stuck because of the roller at the bottom or on top, my home sliding door dropped out one day when I put too hard because I was late for work. :P

And as for the frameless, the door will drop out after some times if the contractor do not use the right hinges for heavier glass.

Both got pro and cons.

Best is don't install shower screen doors, just glass shower screen fixed panel... you will be too lazy to close the screen door after sometimes.

Lobangking.. you just joined today and start leaving msgs like this (which look almost the same) all over the forum without really reading some of the posts... a bit fishy right?

How would we know that guy in the picture is not you? for someone who copy and pastes his posts around like that... I say you are the fishy one.

and you seem to be digging up posts to post on also. RUNE the starter of this thread is already having his house done.

**edit** LBK gave an explanation here http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=379442

My apologies to anyone if I sounded mean. :P But I always have this worry that newbies who read the forum might not know better and will fall for fake owners like I did when I was new in the forum. :)

Edited by pinkpetter