Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rainvane

Ac3 Laminate Flooring Cost?

Does anyone know what is the cost of AC3 laminate flooring these days?

I have been quoted $3.20 psf for the lesser known European brand ones.

Is that a good price?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Is that a good price?

That price looks fine to me. Whats the brand you are getting?

I think Supreme is asking $3.50psf for its AC3.

$3.20psf looks good... just need to make sure the floorboards are really made in Europe.

I think Supreme is asking $3.50psf for its AC3.

$3.20psf looks good... just need to make sure the floorboards are really made in Europe.

I'm not too sure if it is made in Europe or not but hopefully it will be of a better quality than the unbranded china ones. Considering those from Berry now.

hi there, if u havnt do laminated flooring, i would suggest u to use homo tiles rather than laminated flooring. i reali regret doing laminated flooring, mainly becos the maintenance is troublesome (must keep floor very dry, cannot let water has chance to go in else will pop up, sometimes laminates will oso pop up due to expansion/contraction of temperature)... ;(

called supreme on these after i stayed in ard 2 months...called few times, their svc is quite ok, but reali troublesome & waste time in follow up on all these...

if i have the choice, i will remove all laminated flooring and change to homo tiles...

hi there, if u havnt do laminated flooring, i would suggest u to use homo tiles rather than laminated flooring. i reali regret doing laminated flooring, mainly becos the maintenance is troublesome (must keep floor very dry, cannot let water has chance to go in else will pop up, sometimes laminates will oso pop up due to expansion/contraction of temperature)... ;(

called supreme on these after i stayed in ard 2 months...called few times, their svc is quite ok, but reali troublesome & waste time in follow up on all these...

if i have the choice, i will remove all laminated flooring and change to homo tiles...

I thought it is suppose to be waterproof?

Next time got pop-up can show us the picture? :)

hi twirl, thanks for your advice but I do not have much choice because I don't want to hack the existing ceramic flooring as it will cost too much. laminate is the best option for me I guess as i only have to hack away the tile skirting and do a pebble wash at the foyer area.

in the end i was offered a swiss brand AC4 type which costs about $3.43 psf after GST. it was a bit more expensive than the malaysian ones but they had a wider range of colours to choose from. keeping my fingers crossed that it will turn out ok.

hi twirl, thanks for your advice but I do not have much choice because I don't want to hack the existing ceramic flooring as it will cost too much. laminate is the best option for me I guess as i only have to hack away the tile skirting and do a pebble wash at the foyer area.

in the end i was offered a swiss brand AC4 type which costs about $3.43 psf after GST. it was a bit more expensive than the malaysian ones but they had a wider range of colours to choose from. keeping my fingers crossed that it will turn out ok.

May I have your floor contractor contact?

$3.43 for a swiss brand is good... what brand is it?

rendell, laminates are not waterproof.

Have been staying in my current place for coming to a year, no problem with my laminated flooring... I am using Supreme brand... Maintenance wise, I find it easier than homo tiles... just sweep & mop... unlike my kitchen homo tiles, the grout lines turned into grey color after a few mths.

I spent 1 hr brushing the grout lines using toothbrush just before CNY :(

I thought it is suppose to be waterproof?

Next time got pop-up can show us the picture? :)

hopefully no more, haha...nowadays we need to reali dry mop the laminated flooring and any water drops we will wipe it immediately...fyi, laminated flooring is not waterproof at all, & if u let water seep in, it will stay there permanently under laminates (as there is a foam below laminates and will keep the water), so ultimately it will pop up soon..tell u, it is reali reali reali troublesome...everytin in the home is so satisfying, except for tis wrong decision for laminated flooring which we r so regret now. i already advise all my frds not to get laminated flooring if possible, else will regret like us, haha...

another con is the problem of "antz invading"...as our laminated flooring is darker tone, so it is so difficult to track antz army invading once in a time...& we cnt spray insecticide on the flooring....reali sian...

i reali discourage ppl in getting laminated flooring...even if ceremic flooring or watever, its beta than geting parquet(worried abt termites) or laminated flooring...

another con is the problem of "antz invading"...as our laminated flooring is darker tone, so it is so difficult to track antz army invading once in a time...& we cnt spray insecticide on the flooring....reali sian...

I am surprise, I thought these are treated wood? So quite unlikely termite or anything can bore holes in it?

Imagining colonies of ants crawling underneath my floor .... yucks!

Is that a good price?

$3.20 for AC4

hi,

anybody using power dekor brand of floor laminate? my ID quoted me this as our floor laminate, how's this brand compare to supreme in terms of price and durability?

hopefully no more, haha...nowadays we need to reali dry mop the laminated flooring and any water drops we will wipe it immediately...fyi, laminated flooring is not waterproof at all, & if u let water seep in, it will stay there permanently under laminates (as there is a foam below laminates and will keep the water), so ultimately it will pop up soon..tell u, it is reali reali reali troublesome...everytin in the home is so satisfying, except for tis wrong decision for laminated flooring which we r so regret now. i already advise all my frds not to get laminated flooring if possible, else will regret like us, haha...

i reali discourage ppl in getting laminated flooring...even if ceremic flooring or watever, its beta than geting parquet(worried abt termites) or laminated flooring...

Hi twirl00, which brand and grade did you have for your laminate floor? thx