Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mgbm

Electrical Quote Too High

dear all, is it ma-fan (troublesome) to get my own electrician if i need to mount my switches onto my carpentary works?? my ID's quote is crazy...

Hi, got a quote from ID's electrician charging 600 for changing all switches to clipsal. Didn't really count how many switches I have in the house but my gut feel the quote is high.

Intend to get the switches myself then pass to electrician for installation. Is this a normal acceptable practice?

Is clipsal good? Where to get them at good price?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

maybe u try choo chiang, chan huat, joe li & one (can't recall name) shop along veerasamy road.

so i am be dreaming. 6 0 0 is :bangwall:

if qty is quite alot, thot 4 0 0 to 4 5 0 still reasonable, for a 4 or 5 roomer

Hi, got a quote from ID's electrician charging 600 for changing all switches to clipsal. Didn't really count how many switches I have in the house but my gut feel the quote is high.

Intend to get the switches myself then pass to electrician for installation. Is this a normal acceptable practice?

Does your ID's electrician changing all switches included the clipsal switches for $600? This is very important. If yes, take the offer...if no, changing of switches each is ard $8-$10.

Hi all,

My contractor quote me this wor, which after looking at all your quotes, I find it to be on the high side...

Single power point - $55 each

Double power points - $65 each

SCV points - $90 each

Change switch/power points box - $20 each

Can I request to get outside electrician to liase with my contractor for my house renovation ?

I calculated liao, if based on the quotes by my contractor, all in all will be $800+ loh, and this exclude change ALL wirings in the house. only pull and build points only. He is reluctant to take the so call "package" deal, which I say, $500 for whole house electrical works... he wan to count points by points.

I wana ask one question too, normally contractor is also get sub electrician to do the job right ? And they earn by taking part of the $ we pay him to pay the electrician right ?

Edited by Zio

maybe u try choo chiang, chan huat, joe li & one (can't recall name) shop along veerasamy road.

so i am be dreaming. 6 0 0 is :bangwall:

if qty is quite alot, thot 4 0 0 to 4 5 0 still reasonable, for a 4 or 5 roomer

Thanks for sharing the shops. I will go check out this weekend.

Hopefully saved some hard earned $$

Does your ID's electrician changing all switches included the clipsal switches for $600? This is very important. If yes, take the offer...if no, changing of switches each is ard $8-$10.

Hi Jaskel, you mean if the electrician charged 600 for changing all switches to clipsal? Not too sure though. Got to clarify that with ID again. Total quote is 1.9K (including the 600 for clipsal) which I thought is sky high compared to others stated in this forum.

Anyway I told ID to KIV the clipsal switches first while I try to get more info. The other electrical work had already completed yesterday.

Appreciate all help here..

You can check the price out it at Choo Chiang too.

Which series of Clipsal? Different price for different range, also depends on the usage, 2-way switches cost quite a fair bit..

The Neo series like this?

SANY0577.jpg

Or Zencelo?

SANY0724.jpg

The Legrand Mallia and Mosaic series also very nice.. :)

Hi Jaskel,

Can I have ur electrician's no? Ur inbox is full, couldnt PM u. BTW, where did u get ur swtiches? How much did u spend? TIA!

Hi all,

My contractor quote me this wor, which after looking at all your quotes, I find it to be on the high side...

Single power point - $55 each

Double power points - $65 each

SCV points - $90 each

Change switch/power points box - $20 each

Can I request to get outside electrician to liase with my contractor for my house renovation ?

I calculated liao, if based on the quotes by my contractor, all in all will be $800+ loh, and this exclude change ALL wirings in the house. only pull and build points only. He is reluctant to take the so call "package" deal, which I say, $500 for whole house electrical works... he wan to count points by points.

I wana ask one question too, normally contractor is also get sub electrician to do the job right ? And they earn by taking part of the $ we pay him to pay the electrician right ?

Yes, they get a sub electrician to do the job. The $ is their coordinating fee to ensure the wiring and other jobs won't crash or wrongly lay.

Hi Jaskel,

Can I have ur electrician's no? Ur inbox is full, couldnt PM u. BTW, where did u get ur swtiches? How much did u spend? TIA!

Yes u can....get the switches from Choo chiang....the price is quite fixed...so it depend on the brand and amount of thing you buy.

Yes u can....get the switches from Choo chiang....the price is quite fixed...so it depend on the brand and amount of thing you buy.

Hi Jaskel,

Can you PM me your electrician's contact? Thanks !!

JSim