Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Our 2 Storey Abode

We also one shot made 40% payment after the hacking and when the tiles are delivered. And that was the same day we sign the 'contract'.

I didn't get to keep the chinese quote, only the english one, i think it is ok as long as there is a quote that we can understand :)

Wah, ah soon going to do blum corner unit for you? so nice :D

i will top up for the extras that I wana do...not cheap also...better no squeeze him so much :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i will top up for the extras that I wana do...not cheap also...better no squeeze him so much :P

Ya, I agree. He also needs to earn for working so hard, so better not squeeze too much :)

Uncle just called me and ask me to chase HDB again....else the tiling works will have to stop today as the workers are unable to do the tiling in the hall.

haiz...I am chasing and chasing...Can HDB hurry the approval process? Else uncle has no choice but to deploy the workers to work on Gaku's house first...

Uncle just called me and ask me to chase HDB again....else the tiling works will have to stop today as the workers are unable to do the tiling in the hall.

haiz...I am chasing and chasing...Can HDB hurry the approval process? Else uncle has no choice but to deploy the workers to work on Gaku's house first...

It will be better if you can go down to HDB office personally instead of calling them. HDB also delayed the approval to hack away our walls. My hb went to the office and everything solve within the day. Before that he made few calls too but things never move.

It will be better if you can go down to HDB office personally instead of calling them. HDB also delayed the approval to hack away our walls. My hb went to the office and everything solve within the day. Before that he made few calls too but things never move.

sigh...the officer told me he submitted last week when i called on monday. Today i chase again, and he said he just submitted this week and today, the drawings came back and he will quickly fax to the other dept for approval :fire::fire:

Told him to quickly settle for me, he says takes another few days...faint...now my reno really have to stop because of this! I am going to call HDB architectural department tomorrow to check myself. Else will get Hubby to drop by the branch office personally.

wow ... your tiling very fast ! Mine has yet to start as the sand was only delivered at around 3pm and the tiles at around 4pm. When the tilers appeared at around 1.30pm and saw that the demolition team haven't clear the debris, they decided to call it a day.

I thought that at least they can do some plastering ... hiaz .... half a day delay liaoz. .....

btw, uncle appeared at around 10.30am at my place and left at around 11am :)

Edited by growler

wow ... your tiling very fast ! Mine has yet to start as the sand was only delivered at around 3pm and the tiles at around 4pm. When the tilers appeared at around 1.30pm and saw that the demolition team haven't clear the debris, they decided to call it a day.

I thought that at least they can do some plastering ... hiaz .... half a day delay liaoz. .....

btw, uncle appeared at around 10.30am at my place and left at around 11am :)

No worries, uncle's men worked pretty fast...I am sure the speed will pick up pretty soon :) How long did he say the whole reno will take?

sigh...the officer told me he submitted last week when i called on monday. Today i chase again, and he said he just submitted this week and today, the drawings came back and he will quickly fax to the other dept for approval :fire::fire:

Told him to quickly settle for me, he says takes another few days...faint...now my reno really have to stop because of this! I am going to call HDB architectural department tomorrow to check myself. Else will get Hubby to drop by the branch office personally.

sometimes all these people we must chase like crazy...i remember the last time i've to chase HDB was for my HLE...really a waste of our time....think you must make it a big thing liao...every delay you encounter is money, are they gonna compensate? maybe that will work hehehe....i hope they settle for you fast....

my tiling still not done! they are taking such a long time to plaster! so far ytd i only see 1 side of the wall plastered in each room. today they are working on the ceiling. i hope they dont mess up my ceiling fan and lights! wont want uncle to pay to replace or spend more time to clean it. as it is my wirings and light switches have some cement on it. :(

my tiling still not done! they are taking such a long time to plaster! so far ytd i only see 1 side of the wall plastered in each room. today they are working on the ceiling. i hope they dont mess up my ceiling fan and lights! wont want uncle to pay to replace or spend more time to clean it. as it is my wirings and light switches have some cement on it. :(

Uncle ever mentioned that plastering will take longer. remind the workers to wrap your fan in case uncle forgot about it...some stains here and there quite inevitable. Think they will clean up after the work is done anyway...

they took down my light in the room already. the other one they wrapped with newspaper. funny how i must call uncle to tell him to tell them. i did tell them i need it to be wrapped up for me. later got to ask uncle again. so many things to ask. hope i rmb. :P

think they will listen to uncle more...i "bribed" the workers by buying them drinks and food when we went up :P

hahaha...this one standard practice.... I like 'kopi-auntie' ..... every 2-3 days I buy coffee or drinks for them. :) :)