Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Our 2 Storey Abode

One question: Where do you plan to install the digital lock? On the main wooden door? If you have a metal gate, are you going to lock the gate?

What happen if you lose these cute little things? Can easily remove the lost key from the system? How much per additional key?

i dun intend to have any padlock on my gate but its up to personal preference i guess.

if i do install, it will defeat the purpose of me using the digital lock for convenience. i enjoy the feeling of not needing to bring any clunky bunch of keys when i go out. :P

Edited by trashley

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
just have to reset the system and re-register all the remaining keys.

i think ard USD10 each, kopithiam card SGD1 + can use at kopithiam got additional discount! or apply for UOB ONE card + can earn points when u buy things with it.

reset the system using a master pin right?

ideally, should be able to delete just the lost key from the database without the hassle of wiping the whole database and re-registration.

Helo Familyof4,

We went to your place and saw ur hubby there... :D and uncle soon as well. Really must thank ur hubby. He must have been in a midst of doing some tidying up when we came along and end up, he has to 'entertain' us leh. Anyway, glad we have the oppty to 'sneak preview' ur home and see and feel the stuff done by Uncle soon.

We absolutely love many things in ur house - the pebbly floor at the balcony and o/s the common toilet uptairs (uncle soon kept raving about it!), ur kitchen with the gorgeous cabinets, the roller shutter (we are hacking our roof for those too!), the 'open' concept betw the kitchen and the living room (we oso have the wall hacked there at the same spot, we were originally thinking of resurrecting the wall, but after seeing ur place, we wanna do the same instead!), the cubic lights at the stairway, and the cute doughnut basin in the common toilet.. Oh, and ur mbr toilet's door is a clear glass right? COOL! But my hubby says a definitely no-no. I also like ur altar table, was it advised by ur FSM to be positioned this way? We are also gg to 'an' a guanyin in the house, but would be a smaller altar table bought from outside instead. :)

Hehe, we are first homers, so seeing ur place allows us to have a feel of how it's gg to be like... btw, saw alot of masking tapes around, those are meant for rectifications yah? Oh, btw, uncle soon says that the works for our place should be similar to yours, hence, can share ur quotation with the itemised costing (have e smmarised quotation from ur earlier posts without the itemised costing)? Uncle soon says he's gg to give us a photocopy, and we'll work from there what to take out... but i doubt he'll give us soon enough... btw, uncle soon definitely somehow 're-org' his business liao, he told us now he got 'different departments' handling different stuff.... eg. kitchen department will handle the kitchen design... so pro right? I told him u reco him to us, hopefully he will foc more things for you lah....

Thanks Felixp, I forgot to tell Hubby that you are gonna pop by and he was really shocked to see u and Hubby there too :D

He was tasked to go up and pray, clean and tidy up since his workplace is so near. U also have a square balcony like mine? I actually love bright and airy feel for a house, thus I left the balcony open this way with clear glass so that light can penetrate thru into the hall and kitchen :) If you realise my shutter, also got "holes", unlike most EMs, there's were totally blocked.

Those yellow tapes you saw around the place are meant to be rectified. small problems like grouting, scratches on the carpentry etc. The only thing i dislike most is the aluminium works. below my expectation...

For the altar, we all love it too! My previous house is a 4 room, we do not have the luxury of space to play with, thus we made do with a small 3ft altar.

Hubby says u like the basin in the kids toilet. I got it from asia excel marketing :) U can look for Serene, she is nice.

Glad u like the place :) We can't wait to shift in too!!!

Oh! As for quote, I can email u. But I can tell you, I have yet to get an official quote from Uncle, and hor...we are 2 days away from HO..hahah...if you do not mind, I will send you my english quote that I got from him in the early stage of discussions as a reference.

Talk about FOC, he too chin chye until i scared. that's why i called him yesterday telling him he cannot small small things say never mind, like that how to earn money...I rather pay for the items that I asked for. He is too nice liao!

glad to know uncle has better helpers and project management on his side. hope he can have more business and earn more money!!! :dancingqueen:

hey guy, yes he has. I think they are under-going changes at the moment...uncle also said for urgent cases he will not take in for the time being as he really have too many projects on hand to settle and HO.

better la for his reputation and stress level.

there's so much he can do and if a job is not done well, do rectifications will eat into his profits. we also dun wan to see him making any losses.

same as you. i never ask him for any freebies. he said give me the shelvings in the storeroom (standard freebies). i noe he is chin chye.

I agree that Uncle is simply too chin chye...I told him he too chin chye I scared cos I don't like to seen as exploiting him. LOL...

He says if too ex, he will tell me lah...else hor, he also won't be so calculative with me.

hahaha standard freebie?? Lol!

ya i agree with u on the rectifications part. but i think they cant do much about it till they re-structure to be really efficient. so far i have not seen him at all and i give up calling him since he is busy with others even though my house is quite incomplete. -_- too sian to call and chase liao.

fannie, if u have rectifications pls really hog him to go thru with him. if not u wont see him anymore.

and hor u all **** cute. from digi-lock spiral until everyone also want. i ask qns, if u can use ez link card to enter and if u forgot to bring wallet out then how? im still old fashion, simple lock will do. must be that way for my mom also, if not everyday i will see her outside the house when im home. :P

i think apart from card, can use number to key in. but old people generally have a fear for technology. my parents sure cannot adapt, especially my mom. think her high blood pressure will rise using the system. haha.

aubrey, alternatively, u can use pin to enter the house :)

I walked thru with him le...happen to bump into him there on Monday, and Hubby met him yesterday and they walked thru again. hehe...

I sorta gave up chasing my quote...I hope I won't give up chasing for rectifications lah. Mine really minor...just that I spotted them so i stick here and there lor.

Elder Goh will settle the o/s rectification works for u?

its quite a fair bit and i dont know who to ask. so far the carpentry uncle ask me to tell ah di what i like/dont like/needs changing. the tiles i spoke to elder goh. my plastering at some places not too good as well, and some areas need to touch up on paint.

i still need to ask for my cutlery tray (hence dare not post pic of my kitchen cos my kitchen top is so cluttered!) and also curtain rods. so far at ikea the rods are 100++ cm long but i only need about 56cm. i asked uncle if i can buy it elsewhere and he said he get it for me but of cos, so far no news nothing. :/

some of my switches no covering. got to dig out time to buy it at jalan besar and install in back myself. dont want to wait anymore. so u must chase since he is still around yr place!!