Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
airways07

Cooker Hood

Hi,

l would like to know, is it a must to have cooker hood? What are the benefits of it??? My mum have it n never even use it at all. When l ask, she say-dont know, ppl are using it so l follow the trend. Ppl say-it suppose to suck up smoke but after awhile, ppl tends to be lazy to clean it up n hardly used it so l see no point of even having it ... am l wrong??? Can someone point it out for me :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I hv the same opinion!

We had one for our 1st flat. total no-use as the suction was forever nt there. No difference at all :P somemore needed to clean often as the oil stains would stick on like mad :P

me nvr install it for my present kitchen. invest $$ on induction hob instead :)

But I did still make a hood space and install lightings & glass panel for easy cooking.

IMHO :D

Edited by rdnest

Exactly ... atleast someone do agree wt me hehe .... Ya, like my mom n frenz install it just for the sake n what useful as said was the lights ony n still have to scrub it once awhile.

mmm...as for me, l gonna built my cooking area with cement (like the old type wall-know what l mean)

Same level height wt my kitchen cabinet covered with tiles w/o upper cabinet around it (yeah,even my hubby against it) n backing up wt glass panel/ss n maybe install some lights. Duno weder turn out nice coz hubby n contractor not agree wt my ideas :dunno:

I hv the same opinion!

We had one for our 1st flat. total no-use as the suction was forever nt there. No difference at all :P somemore needed to clean often as the oil stains would stick on like mad :P

But I did still make a hood space and install lightings & glass panel for easy cooking.

Hi,

l would like to know, is it a must to have cooker hood? What are the benefits of it??? My mum have it n never even use it at all. When l ask, she say-dont know, ppl are using it so l follow the trend. Ppl say-it suppose to suck up smoke but after awhile, ppl tends to be lazy to clean it up n hardly used it so l see no point of even having it ... am l wrong??? Can someone point it out for me :unsure:

Hmm...recently i brought a cookerhood Brand Ariafina model Fererica...its a mid range pricing at $2400 after discon from 1 dealer...so far so good...wat i experance depend on the brand...most brand comes with mass wire filter...dam difficult to clean...n moreover after a period the filter stuck n causes the suction poor...then u got to buy the spare filter which not cheap(depend on brand) tis product made from Japan Fuji + Elica design...new tech of filtering without mass wire filter... casting filter which can dismantle to clean , if the pricing is a problem can try Fujioh model 800MK2...for heavy duty cooking...price range 680-720..so far very good comment from those who used it b4.

Exactly ... atleast someone do agree wt me hehe .... Ya, like my mom n frenz install it just for the sake n what useful as said was the lights ony n still have to scrub it once awhile.

mmm...as for me, l gonna built my cooking area with cement (like the old type wall-know what l mean)

Same level height wt my kitchen cabinet covered with tiles w/o upper cabinet around it (yeah,even my hubby against it) n backing up wt glass panel/ss n maybe install some lights. Duno weder turn out nice coz hubby n contractor not agree wt my ideas :dunno:

For lighting can try Crystal Bright...as wat i know they r located at Kaki bukit blk 631 or 632...one of my ID recommanded...Balestier those shop rental high so mark up abit...cant promise vry big different price...but can said reasonable...1 tin for sure good service coz i brought from them some down light...if u wanna have cheaper price can quote Elvin Tan (ID) maybe can get discon...haa...electrical tins can try few big departmental store check out their best discon then check wit few dealers e.g mega discon,Kong Tai @j.west or Wee Tech

Hmm.. we didnt install one at our current place too coz used to have one at parents' place. Never really used it though, ended up more like a decoration.. coz the suction function not very significant... and while it's still up there, cleaning it wasnt easy with all the grease accumulated and hidden..

Anyway, we have a power point and compartment done up in case we do intend to install it in the future but so far so good without a hood, we do light to medium cooking on the weekends including frying finger food etc. Each time after cooking/frying, we will just wipe one round with detergent to ensure grease is removed and not accumulated.

So depending whether u like to do diligent but light cleaning or one shot very siong one? :bleah:

I hv the same opinion!

Hi,

planning to do the same as you, invest in a good hob instead of wasting $$$ on a hood. But can share if it's worth investing in a induction/ceramic hob? I heard not very friendly to use for chinese cooking...cos cannot see how big is the flame but then i'm not a heavy user as well...

Hi actualy my inital thought also like yrs , cause my mum never use 1 , but when i bought my place i did an open kitchen so have to buy , then i bought a good chimmy brand i would say , and it really suck up the smell and fume so my point of view , if yiu can a lously it a white elephant but if you happen to buy the correct 1 guess you appreciate it function cheers just for info i also install a back panel at tht stove think it help a lot after cooking i just need to wipe very easy to clean

cheers