Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rune

Partition For New Home - Ideas Plz

Dear All,

Feng Shui Master have suggested that I create a partition at the main door to living room area. The partition should employed the use of bamboo stick like the ones below:

20090312371.th.jpg

I am sincerely calling out to all for suggestions on how I could theme the bamboo sticks to a partition. Hope to hear from you soon. Any suggestions are most appreciated :dancingqueen:

Edited by Rune

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

IMHO, u could paint the bamboo white or other colour tt matches ur theme, is it? like those wooden wall dividers tt can come in different types of laminates/colour to match ur liking...

Dear All,

Feng Shui Master have suggested that I create a partition at the main door to living room area. The partition should employed the use of bamboo stick like the ones below:

20090312371.th.jpg

I am sincerely calling out to all for suggestions on how I could theme the bamboo sticks to a partition. Hope to hear from you soon. Any suggestions are most appreciated :dancingqueen:

Only bamboo stick like not very nice...

can use bamboo with leaves...

wats the Fengshui reason for using bamboo ... real or fake bamboo ? is it for warding off bad luck?

Only bamboo stick like not very nice...

can use bamboo with leaves...

wats the Fengshui reason for using bamboo ... real or fake bamboo ? is it for warding off bad luck?

I think the bamboo partition is to ward off bad luck. My wifey knows the actual reason. In front of the partition, I was told to place elephants. I actually saw an idea at one of the interior design shop at tradehub 21. Hope to gather more ideas. They created a wooden box base (height about 3 feet). The bamboos (thin type) were line-up along the perimeter of the box and are of different heights. Quite nice I muz say. From afar, the bamboos are in their natural color. I trying to gather more ideas from anyone here. :notti:

I think the bamboo partition is to ward off bad luck. My wifey knows the actual reason. In front of the partition, I was told to place elephants. I actually saw an idea at one of the interior design shop at tradehub 21. Hope to gather more ideas. They created a wooden box base (height about 3 feet). The bamboos (thin type) were line-up along the perimeter of the box and are of different heights. Quite nice I muz say. From afar, the bamboos are in their natural color. I trying to gather more ideas from anyone here. :notti:

thanks for info. i have a foto of partition using bamboos.

bamboo.jpg

quite nice ... :)

btw bro...did u start renovate your place already?

thanks for info. i have a foto of partition using bamboos.

bamboo.jpg

quite nice ... :)

btw bro...did u start renovate your place already?

It is very very nice. The theme is great, but got ask your FS master can encage it in glass or not?

Wah rendell provided so many pictures even I'm excited.. so nice!!

He asked for ideaz mah and I think it is a unique concept not often seen here in Singapore. So I googled for some ideaz for everyone to compare compare.

It is very very nice. The theme is great, but got ask your FS master can encage it in glass or not?

Hi rendell..

This pic is not my hse lah .... copied this one frm webby .. :D

wow ..u contributed lotsa pics..

Something I should have done 8| , thanks rendell for the reminder, search ONLINE :dancingqueen:

Some info ....

Topic: Screen/Divider/Partition

Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 11859

Date: 8/28/2002 07:35 PM

Dear Anon,

1. If there is a straight path between the main door to the back e.g. window / balcony or door; then, it is best to use an `air-tight' screen/partition or divider.

2. The divider can be built e.g. bottom portion housing some cabinets and the top half can be e.g. a glass screen or display shelf.

attached to each other, with

>frame made of wood and centre

>panel made of paper or bamboo

>sticks acceptable?

3. Yes, the above is acceptable, so long as it helps to divert qi or allows qi to meander around the screen into the house. Rather than directly flowing out or `leaking' out of the house.

http://www.geomancy.net/resources/forum-archive/11859.htm

Bamboo stalk are easily available at farmart and the florist farm just beside Kovan mrt.

Edited by Rune

Hi all,

Thanks for all the ideas. Reno in progress.....

Hi Rune,

Wow...care to share what kind of bamboo design you are using ?

r u building just pure partition or with cabinets?

Hi Rune,

Wow...care to share what kind of bamboo design you are using ?

r u building just pure partition or with cabinets?

Hi jailbird .... have not concluded on what kind of bamboo partition I will be using yet. Still scouting around.... some very interesting design I have seen are from a designer ID shop juz opp Sakae Sushi at tradehub 21 and a bamboo partition blind from Whardja. Sorry did not take any pics yet :P