Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Generally A&A work requires plan submission to authorities like URA and BCA. A qualified person such as a Professional Civil Engineer (PE) is usually needed when comes to plan submission. For some minor A&A works, you may not even need an architect as the PE can take care of the whole submission.

I know of a PE , Chris and any one embarking any A&A can contact him at 98675706.

What's the average fee for a PE?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

We currently bought a place intending for total rebuild. yes u need load of authorities to sign n approve ur paper. u can get a good ID firm to do all the leg work, jus pay them alittle more.

I've been asking ard rebuilding of original run down state 1 storey to 3 storey plus attic w/o furnishings can cost up to 700k includes marble flooring n tiled up toilets.

Still deciding on who to approach.

Hope u have a good time scouting jus like me!

Cheers.

Tay Family

What's the average fee for a PE?

Hi,

We currently bought a place intending for total rebuild. yes u need load of authorities to sign n approve ur paper. u can get a good ID firm to do all the leg work, jus pay them alittle more.

I've been asking ard rebuilding of original run down state 1 storey to 3 storey plus attic w/o furnishings can cost up to 700k includes marble flooring n tiled up toilets.

Still deciding on who to approach.

Hope u have a good time scouting jus like me!

Cheers.

Tay Family

The psf price for rebuild can range from $170 psf upwards to $300 psf depending on the materials you used. If you build 3.5 stry, you will probably need to do erection. $700K seem like a reasonable price if it includes all cost (excluding lighting, furniture, etc.). You may want to share the quotation on what it includes here. Cheers.

Edited by leechaorui

I am new to the forum...

I am thinking of doing an A&A to my intermediate terrace, putting up an attic to the existing 2 storey house and making some extensions. Wondering if anyone could provide advice on how to start.

How should I structure specs to invite contractors to quote and advice on good and reliable contractors or A&A home builders.

My friend is a building consultant who is experience in A/A jobs and she can help you to cut costs as you need not engage an architect which is more expensive. If you are interested, I can recommend you to her. You may engage someone like her to help draft up design proposals for you. Once confirm and approved by the relevant departments, she can invite builders to tender the work involved. Then you decide who to take up the job.

If not, you will lose out as there will be hidden cost as we are lay man and do not know anything about construction cost.

My A&A reno was done with architect first who will list out all that you want to do, then get quote from contractor. I think using architect may seem extra but the architect can give lots of suggestions and advice and in the long run may be more worth it.

My A&A reno was done with architect first who will list out all that you want to do, then get quote from contractor. I think using architect may seem extra but the architect can give lots of suggestions and advice and in the long run may be more worth it.

Hi, I'm 70% through my A&A. Costing me ~250k - includes roof tile change, digging and construction of pond, total hacking of all internals, re-work of all windows, addition of 2 toilets, closing off of 2 other toilets and reconstructing 2 new toilets in new location, backyard RC roof extension, upgrade of electricity, construction of additonal concrete staircase, sliding gate, hacking and tiling of driveway, tiling of whole house, kitchen cabinet, railings, false ceiling, one skylight etc... i guess full works. Dunno if i'm paying too much?? but got so confused by all the quotation, i just gave up and select one by gut feel!. Must say contractor is quite patient though not very flexible, then again, not sure if we are too demanding ???

After my reno, i have quite a number of left over lights - change my mind about the lights and prefer other options, so now end my with spare lights and also a spare overhead shower unit. I'll like to sell them off (cheaper than what i bought also can)to anyone who might like them. They are all new, still in their packing , PM me if wanna look.

Hi, I am new to this forum but the information are indeed important. I also wan to do A&A for my place...

Nodame, can you share with me the details of your quotation? What you have done is also what I want to do for my new place.

Hi Scenic98,

Your last posted info in late Apr09 is informative. Guess by now you have completed all the reno and enjoying the fruit of your effort/$...

Like to find out the cost for the items you did as I'm looking into doing reno which seems quite similar to what you were planning, as follow:

- attic (non-concte or concrete) - enough existing height to roof already, don't mind timber flooring,area about 3m x 6m

- staircase to attic (can be timber or spiral if save cost/time)

- Back extension to increase kitchen size

-Painting (Internal and external):mine is a 3000ft build up semi-D

-Full height cabinet to 3 bedrooms

-re-wiring

- Redo false ceiling to a common area 3m x 2.5m

Edited by Hui0911

Hi Scenic98,

Your last posted info in late Apr09 is informative. Guess by now you have completed all the reno and enjoying the fruit of your effort/$...

Like to find out the cost for the items you did as I'm looking into doing reno which seems quite similar to what you were planning, as follow:

- attic (non-concte or concrete) - enough existing height to roof already, don't mind timber flooring,area about 3m x 6m

- staircase to attic (can be timber or spiral if save cost/time)

- Back extension to increase kitchen size

-Painting (Internal and external):mine is a 3000ft build up semi-D

-Full height cabinet to 3 bedrooms

-re-wiring

- Redo false ceiling to a common area 3m x 2.5m

hi,

glad to help. let me pull up my quotation and let u knw.

actually, my reno is just about to start. was tenanted for the last few months and just got all those permits from ura and bca done. all the paper work is a real hassle. even though all handled by the PE and contractor, still, the waiting game is no fun.

pls bear with me for a while, kid exam now, and daddy here more stress than her.

Hi Scenic98, I am going to receive the quotations next week. Can you share the details of your quotations? Also, how long does it take to get all the offical approvals?

Hi Scenic98, I am going to receive the quotations next week. Can you share the details of your quotations? Also, how long does it take to get all the offical approvals?

sure, will pM u and hui as well

ura will take max 1 month. bca another 2 weeks or so. your contractor will need to get insurance and mom approval...... :unsure:

Hi Scenic, what is PM? Can you send to my email add: ser_austin@yahoo.com

I have received the quotation from the contractors and I am lost... cannot make real comparison!

Hi I am a newbie here and needing some help on A&A.

My Inter Terrace is at bedok ria and all the houses here are 2 storeys (except some A&A to 2.5 storey for corner/semi but none for iter ter).

I am planning to add another 2 bedroom + 1 toilet in the "3rd storeu space" between the roof & 2nd storey, and may need back extension on the 2nd floor to accomodate staircase.

There are some huge horizontal concrete & I am wondering if this is the reason why none of the inter terrace build to 2.5 storey.

Anyone can recommend contractors or have an idea how much will it cost?

Appreciate the help.

Edited by hovivi

i am currently house-hunting (inter-terrace) and wanted to find out more about renovation costs - and found this informative site

a typical house in the area we are interested in would be 30-40 years old, 2 stories, ~2000sqft land, with 3 bed rooms + a toilet upstairs, and living room + kitchen + maids room + toilet downstairs

if i want to go for attached bathroom for each of the 3 bedrooms, does it constitute A&A? how much more would it cost?

in view of the age of the house, would the structure + foundation be good enough for another 30-40 years?

how much can i do with a 150k budget?

appreciate all your comments - thanks