Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SW80

Simple Home In The Green

But Henry forgot to send over one of the paper holder for our master toilet. End up that he has to come down to our place today to deliver the item to us.

That is when I realized that he does not own any vehicle where he sub all the deliveries to outsiders ..

A guy earning a decent living for his shop. His fugal habit actually translates to savings for consumer like us.. For sure I will patronize his shop in the future :thumbs up:

i didn't know that....i was commenting to my hubby that our delivery from Royal Fanco is a Honda Oydessy....thought it was probably his own car....can see he's very humble as well...love talking to him...after going to so many shops and some a few times, he won my hubby over just with one visit....we were indeed impressed with his service....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

that led me to asking why existing air con water pipe (>10 years) can get choke. It is common to all re-sale flats ?

Hi, is there a price different if dont replaced the air con water piping for yr entire house? If no replacement of the piping and price diffs would u wanna change it? I m asking as my new place also abt 9 yrs old too, thinking shld i change the entire air con piping.

thanks

Bought the instant heater with different color to match our toilets. Delivered from Royal Fanco yesterday. Some of the items we bought

Instant heater for Common toilet

heaterforum2.jpg

For master toilet

heaterforum.jpg

Kitchen sink from Korea, with the waste basket. We find it really unique

kitchensinkforum.jpg

Kitchen mixer

kitchenmixerforum.jpg

But Henry forgot to send over one of the paper holder for our master toilet. End up that he has to come down to our place today to deliver the item to us.

That is when I realized that he does not own any vehicle where he sub all the deliveries to outsiders ..

A guy earning a decent living for his shop. His fugal habit actually translates to savings for consumer like us.. For sure I will patronize his shop in the future :thumbs up:

hi may i know how much u paid for the kitchen mixer? nice-looking

hi,

May I know how much did u pay for the korea kitchen sink? very unique..

I paid $290 for that sink and it comes with a multi purpose basket FOC. See photos below:

multipurposebasketforum.jpg

To date, we really don't see any sink that comes with that waste basket in the market that is half as good as this. If you have, we would be glad if you can share to all of us. :)

Also take note of the gimmick from other shops.

Some shops (No names mentioned) bundled that sink with other of its accessories and sell it as a package. Comes with a aluminum tray and a stainless steel wire dish holder.

It comes with a price tag of $430.. :o

I want that sink very much but was a bit put off by the price and the accessories that I don't really need. I almost want to bite the bullet to buy..

Until I went Royal Fanco.. :D

Edited by SW80

that led me to asking why existing air con water pipe (>10 years) can get choke. It is common to all re-sale flats ?

Hi, is there a price different if dont replaced the air con water piping for yr entire house? If no replacement of the piping and price diffs would u wanna change it? I m asking as my new place also abt 9 yrs old too, thinking shld i change the entire air con piping.

thanks

I wish if I can provide you with the answer. To date when I ask my ID who liaising with the air con vendor whether I need to topup for that pipe change, he say no..

You will need to ask the vendor about this pipe change when you ask for their package offer. I believe they already factor that in.

Also take note of the holding bracket that house your compressor, around $150. You can also ask whether the older air con can trade in. Where I know some vendor allows and at least you can recover about $100 ba.

A choke water pipe will lead to leaking problems later. Which will be more troublesome after renovation.

Our house renovation is now going towards the next phase.

Electrical connection and L-box construction

cellingforum.jpg

Air con ducting and opening sealed. Foundation paint put up for our bedrooms.

mendholesforum.jpg

Lightings will be put up schedule to put up this coming Thursday. Will be quite a while for my next update.

i didn't know that....i was commenting to my hubby that our delivery from Royal Fanco is a Honda Oydessy....thought it was probably his own car....can see he's very humble as well...love talking to him...after going to so many shops and some a few times, he won my hubby over just with one visit....we were indeed impressed with his service....

This brought me up to share one of the conversation I have with DK lighting boss.

He was asking me which ID I have hired for my house renovation.

After reply his answer, I return by asking him whether he has worked with any IDs before, he say no.. :rolleyes:

When I probe further, he mentioned some IDs provide so call extra service by bring customers to shop light or kitchen ware items.

In return, some IDs might ask for a small fee for bringing customers to their shop and for that reason, they will have to mark up the items sold to their client by 10 to 20%.. :o , which is the reason why he don't work with IDs to bring in customers.

Now then I know that why some shops which seemingly don't have customers to patronize can still survive till now.. :P

Think about it, we are lucky that we did our homework well to have a feel of the market price for certain items.. Also, we don't encounter such problem with our ID, where he will offer only pointers on how to choose and not recommending any shops until we ask him. In this aspect, I feel he did it right.

Hehe, think ur walls will look very interesting with the stripes. And u've even got lights with the same colour to match. :good:

Is that a Rubine sink u've got? We wanted to get that at first, but decided against it as the salespax at Poh Joo warned us that the plastic waste basket will slowly melt if u pour hot water into the sink often. :) So try not to pour hot water in k? :) In the end, we got MN brand sink. Has a stainless steel waste basket.

alpha is a good water heater!!how much do u pay for yours?i intend to get another one for my mum as hers is not working well now.

I paid $165. exclude GST

:)

Was away from overseas for > 1 week and not able to update my blog for some time.

I was pleased with the progress so far. Just some photos to share with all..

Dinning light bought from DK was put up.

dinninglightforum.jpg

Kitchen cabinet put up. About 50% completion. Just discuss with the chief carpentry to adjust the hood height slightly higher so that my wife head will not bang against it during cooking.. :)

kitchenforum.jpg

Raise platform for our studies (Cozy corner) completed. Left the light installation..

studiesforum.jpg

Master and common toilet piping box up and toilet cabinet installation in progress.

mastertoiletboxup.jpg

Living room downlight. I think the light bulb installation was not correct. Have to feedback to ID tomorrow.

livinghalllightforum.jpg

Foyer was put up. Still have some adjustment regarding on our frosted green glass requirement. Some taping is required as inform by our ID.

foyerforum.jpg

Balcony light put up. I was quite taken aback by the effect. Wowww.!

balconylightforum.jpg

Our bedroom cabinet. Building in progress.

cabinetforum.jpg

Other than that, not much to complain about for my renovation except for my air con contractor. Keep pestering me for payment while I am still in overseas. When I come back and wish to settle with him on payment and air con testing issue, he say he did not have the details and have to call him some other time. Also put me on plane a few time when my ID arrange a meetup with him.. Problem..

I will be hard on him for my next follow up call. 8|

I was not happy with the past few days of progress.. :(

Electrical work is slow. Painter is unsure whether to continue as he is still waiting for electrical guys to complete their work. Plumber even break 1 wall tile for my common toilet during rack installation.. :curse:

The only consolation is the carpentry, where they did an almost flawless job.. :thumbs up:

My wife really make her unhappiness known to our ID, who we think is probably start focusing his attention to other new sites as our house is about to complete.

Immediately after some unpleasant sms send out to him, he start pulling over more skillful electricians over. Give the house a good clean out and even FOC me two mirrors for our toilets as he acknowledged he is late for delivery. So far, things start moving well. At least he responded to our unhappiness.

I would keep up the pressure on him for the next few days to try completing everything by next week. Meantime, we will start shopping for electrical household items.

Now for the photos

Common toilet sink installed, with white solid surface

commontoiletsink.jpg

Master toilet sink installed, with cream solid surface.

mastertoiletsink.jpg

Kitchen sink with black solid surface

kitchensinkforum.jpg

Glass panel between the living room and kitchen installed. Kitchen carpentry is about to complete soon.

kitchenforum.jpg